Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: [SS6.3] Broken Sword

Default Re: [SS6.3] Broken Sword

Thank you for making a great sub mod but will there be any more updates for this mod

Quote Originally Posted by cloud700 View Post
    Thank you for making a great sub mod but will there be any more updates for this mod
    Maybe. I suppose that the submod could be extended to integrate Crusader or Byzantine units, although I prefer to restrict the submod to the Islamic factions (and leave work on non-Islamic factions to other submodders).

Also, in the interest of flexibility and simplicity, I prefer to simply modify textures and/or models for existing units, as opposed to adding or removing units, despite having my own 'wish list' of units I think are redundant and so should be removed. I plan to follow the base mods (RRRC or SS6.3) with my updates, so it is up to the creators of the base mods to make non-superficial changes to the units (such as adding or removing units from the EDU or changing unit balance, availability, etc.); I will integrate BC material accordingly.

In addition to monitoring RRRC, I also monitor BC. They have a 3rd version in the works. If the content is useful to this submod and I can obtain permission from the creators, I would like to update the submod to integrate BC material based upon the 3rd version.

I was thinking hopefully you would include more units from bc 2.02 such as the azaps for the turks and toshin mamluks for egypt and dont use any vanilla units and is there any way i could use the egypt general for the turks i dont anything about modding thank you Phosphoricus

If you could get permission - this units would be a great expansion for Broken Sword (and also for SS):

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=225499

3.Download and extract the attached file (requires 7zip to extract); copy the extracted battle_models.modeldb to overwrite the original battle_models.modeldb found in \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\unit_models\ .

I can`t finde the original battle:models.modeldb. I have looked in \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\unit_models\ . and i cant finde inte. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
    3.Download and extract the attached file (requires 7zip to extract); copy the extracted battle_models.modeldb to overwrite the original battle_models.modeldb found in \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\unit_models\ .

I can`t finde the original battle:models.modeldb. I have looked in \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\unit_models\ . and i cant finde inte. Please help
    That's quite unusual. Try navigating to the main Stainless Steel folder and searching for the file using the search function.

I found it.

Thanks Phosphoricus

I've been absent for TW for some time but I'm looking to get back into it.

Sorry if this is a noob question but is this compatiable with the latest 6.4 SS release?

No.

should I only install 6.3 and then download this instead?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Ummm...this hasn't been released. You can't download it.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I only read the last few pages and assumed it had been released

haha sorry, nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Ummm...this hasn't been released. You can't download it.
    There IS a functioning 6.2 release out, released by Phosphoricus on page 2. I use it currently and love it. Makes playing a Muslim faction actually nice to look at while battling.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fenix3279 View Post
    I only read the last few pages and assumed it had been released

haha sorry, nevermind
    That's why you always read the first post. Not only will it tell you if it's been released, but it would contain a download link if it had

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by fenix3279 View Post
    should I only install 6.3 and then download this instead?
    Look at post #50 - that SHOULD work with 6.3

The first post will also tell you what it's compatible with.

Actually, the mod /has/ been released for some time. I never ended up updating the first post. If I am looking at this correctly, my last releases are located at these posts:
    RRRCC: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8131579
    SS6.3: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...00#post8135300

I apologize, but I haven't made anything for 6.4 yet; I have been into other games recently and have not followed developments on these forums closely.

I will update the first post to point to the most recent releases.

Edit: I just realized that I cannot edit the first post because I did not post first. Vaz started this thread by discussing the concept but never got around to making the mod. I ended up making the mod. Perhaps someone with appropriate administrative authority can edit the first post to state that the mod has been released and to point to the most recent releases linked above? Otherwise, I will attempt to contact Vaz to ask him to make the changes. Thanks for any assistance in this matter.
    Last edited by Phosphoricus; January 29, 2011 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Cannot edit first post

UPDATE:

For those interested, I have adapted this mod to SS6.4 . The thread for the new release is in the Stainless Steel Sub mods forum because it would not be relevant here (given that it is not for the RRRC compilation).

Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=427791

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567