Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Introduction] Ages of Darkness 2 - renovatio imperii -

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Default Re: [Introduction] Ages of Darkness 2 - renovatio imperii -

Yes, the Hagia Sophia was one of our first 3D models which were integrated into the 3D city view.... and basically 10 other famous buildings of Constantinople.
    One can find some more previews in our forum, there are many screenshots shown.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

And 10 other ? Don't tell me the Hippodrome is also in ? You people have to be awarded.

So, are you still working on the project? How is it going?

Foederatus

is this project still being done as its interested me since the i saw it

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by minidude2014 View Post
    is this project still being done as its interested me since the i saw it

PM and his team are currently dealing with real life and have put the mod on the back burner. Though I am sure they are still slowly working on it I doubt things will pick up for a while. I think he mentioned someplace work would resume late summer.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

I would like to ask at what stage of development is this mod? I would like to contribute but I would like to know at what stage is still the mod.

Regards

Hello Leon,
    what kind of contribution can you offer to us? You can also contact me via private message.

Come on folks, you can do this! One step at a time, imagine all that hard work wasted for nothing; I remember an experience where I kept screwing up editing audio and ended up wasting enormous amounts of time but I finally managed to succeed even though my last attempt was rather lack luster, but I tried and I learned!

I just want to let you know Pom, you have my support. I don't think encouraging you through text is rather meaningless, (words are everything ) I just want to let you know that you have a few people (At least me) keeping watch for your works. All I know is that you cover my favorite time frame in Western European history and I personally would love to play it out, Infact Ill most likely record me playing as why not. I would just like you to think how satisfying it would be to get the complete version done, and release it. There may be real life, schedule issues, etc but one thing you must note that the longer you toil with work the smaller your audience becomes over time, and the more real life essentially attritions you and the team down to a point where most people are like; screw it, it isn't worth it anymore. You got my backing though so I 100% believe your effort is worth it, whether you may think so or not I have no idea but I believe so.

Though due to such a long period of time of waiting for the remaining folks I think it will be wise to release a more complete version to the public when ready that has been tested for bugs and has some polish to it. (Hopefully performance will be good too) Then follow up with minor patches for bugs, some stats fixes, stuff like that, etc.

Yes, I use I too much and I have horrible punctuation and grammar. XP
    炸鸡

so are we expecting a release?

@BroskiDerpman
    I moved with my family into a new house some 6 weeks ago. It's our own house now and it came hand in hand with some unexpected heavy works in the bathroom and cellar. So, since some weeks we are working day and night to improve the situation and since 10 days we see light at the end of the tunnel. Insofar I'm optimistic enough to come back somewhere in the future. But at the moment this project here has not the highest priority.
    I will give some more information from time to time here.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I assume by now you have seen the Attila trailers? With that new information have you perhaps reconsidered your position on moving to newest engine? Models and animations are not perfect, but it appears to have great potential. Coupled with your teams historical knowledge, I can imagine only great things

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Anyway, I would prefer to have AoD2 finnished before team moves to any other engine. Just imagine how much work have been alredy put to the current build and how many amazing features and beautifull units AoD2 even in current state alredy offers (judging from the previews). I am sure it would be a mistake to throw everithing away and start again from the scratch.

Very true Nikator, I bow to your superior argument. After so many years of effort it would be virtually blasphemous to abandon it all to start again.
    But I would still love to see Pompeius Magnus put his great knowledge of the period to work in the RII fora

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I must agree that the RTW 1 version first is the right option as my fellow countryman Demagogos wrote. Dear Euergetes, you must be a big fan of RII

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    I must agree that the RTW 1 version first is the right option as my fellow countryman Demagogos wrote. Dear Euergetes, you must be a big fan of RII
    No, not really, I just think it does have a great deal of potential, the Unmodded game stinks! And the map to use the American phrase 'sucks' with it's rather weird idea of provinces and minor regions. But lots can be done, and hopefully we will see some form of mapping tools

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Anyway, I would prefer to have AoD2 finnished before team moves to any other engine. Just imagine how much work have been alredy put to the current build and how many amazing features and beautifull units AoD2 even in current state alredy offers (judging from the previews). I am sure it would be a mistake to throw everithing away and start again from the scratch.
    Gents, that's exactly what we will do. This was discussed in our internal dev-forum one years ago - and we decided together to keep modding on Rome1TW. We have created so many cities and units - and to be honest, the most important reason for most of my team members to be here is because the time frame is our hobby. Insofar, the mod will be finished.
    A shift to another engine is no topic at the moment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123