Thread: Money

Don_yuri's Avatar Libertus

Default Money

Is it suppost to be normal that in my campaign and the UK I had more money than I knew what to do with? Noone challenges me at sea, but even then I built a fleet that will take around 30 turns to build and sunk me about 50k but I still have 100k left!!

I have no buildings to upgrade and I am pumping out as many troops as I can. I think either the upkeep is way to low, or towns(especially London) make way too much money. Right now im just giving away the extra cash to the countries I want to do better. I guess my question is, is it suppost to be like this, or am I suppost to spend my money on some super army because I wil be in trouble if I dont?

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Money

Quote Originally Posted by Don_yuri View Post
    Is it suppost to be normal that in my campaign and the UK I had more money than I knew what to do with? Noone challenges me at sea, but even then I built a fleet that will take around 30 turns to build and sunk me about 50k but I still have 100k left!!

I have no buildings to upgrade and I am pumping out as many troops as I can. I think either the upkeep is way to low, or towns(especially London) make way too much money. Right now im just giving away the extra cash to the countries I want to do better. I guess my question is, is it suppost to be like this, or am I suppost to spend my money on some super army because I wil be in trouble if I dont?
    Yep that's they way it's suppost to be.

In future updates the campaign should be harder and therefore you will need to spend more of your money. Once you build a fleet and a few stacks, your upkeep soon starts to drain your profit per turn.

But yeah, that's the way it's supposed to be, WW1 was about continually pumping out lots of men
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Yeah you have to be more proactive when playing as GB, when i played as them i landed troops on the French Germany border and the Germany Russia border then harrased the Otoomans in the carribean and black sea, it was fun...

Trust me, im pretty proactive. I Have Madrid and all of spain under my command, and now I have also taken paris and I have 2 more stacks coming in as backup. But Dam, the french have ALOTT of soldiers. This is gonna be fun

Mayan-Man's Avatar Miles

i only earn 5k a year as russia and i own half the campaign map and all the trade resources, maybe thats something to do wih the fact that i have LITERALLY OVER 100 STACKS OF WELL TRAINED SOLDIERS AND ARTILLERY ALL ALONG MY BORDERS!
    "If a pro is the opposite of a con, then what is the opposite of progress?"

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayan-Man View Post
    i only earn 5k a year as russia and i own half the campaign map and all the trade resources, maybe thats something to do wih the fact that i have LITERALLY OVER 100 STACKS OF WELL TRAINED SOLDIERS AND ARTILLERY ALL ALONG MY BORDERS!
    yeah, that might be your problem
    Patronized by Hader.

Remember World War I Britain was supplied from all over its Empire. Of course it is supposed to be super rich.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Currently however, the UK is rich because of it's abilty to trade very well AND its taxes..

In the next version however, it will only be the naval trade that brings in the cash big time, thus making it more realistic in that any player playing the UK has to rely heavily on naval trade, whats more they will need to protect it, as any other nations will know cutting off their naval trade will be the key to bringing them down.

I hope everyone agrees this will be the best option..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Cause thats how its gona be !!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Currently however, the UK is rich because of it's abilty to trade very well AND its taxes..

In the next version however, it will only be the naval trade that brings in the cash big time, thus making it more realistic in that any player playing the UK has to rely heavily on naval trade, whats more they will need to protect it, as any other nations will know cutting off their naval trade will be the key to bringing them down.

I hope everyone agrees this will be the best option..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Cause thats how its gona be !!
    Yes that would be great, so does the AI recognize the new trade ships cuz they never seem to use them in my campaign?

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by BDIZZLE356 View Post
    Yes that would be great, so does the AI recognize the new trade ships cuz they never seem to use them in my campaign?
    They should, the AI bases its recruitment decisions on the ship type, and I believe I set that to 'naval merchant'. I could have forgotten that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

That sounds great Mitch, it kinda makes it too easy that London alone makes somthing like 17k. Gonna be much more challenging actually having to send out trade ships and protect trade routes to survive.