Thread: Naval Warfare

Doc Holliday's Avatar Foederatus

Default Naval Warfare

Guys while playing around with your mod I tried out the naval battle even though the models haven't been added in yet. A few observations I had were that trying to set the battle up was difficult since most of the time when I would scrub the ships out that I didn't want it would not give me the money back, and I encountered this problem again when I switched countries. This same problem is prevalent and worse in the land battle portion as well.

This point is more historical and I am not sure right off what the fix for it would be but the destroyers in game have way too much staying power. To give you an idea of what I am talking about I played a scenario that pitted 2 German battlecruisers, 3 predreadnought Battleships and 2 destroyers against a British force of 2 Battlecruisers, a dreadnought, and 3 predreadnought battleships. At one point during the scenario the two German destroyers were being engaged by no less then a dreadnought, 3 predreadnought battleships and a battlecruiser and they survived repeated broadsides. No destroyer in that era would have taken that kind of punishment, they were little more then torpedo platforms that attacked in groups and then ran away.

I love the idea of this mod and I can't wait to see where you guys take this in the long run. Cheers mates and keep up the good work.
    "I Think were gonna need a bigger boat."
    "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force"

Doc Holliday's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Naval Warfare

Sorta kinda figured out hot to get around the disappearing credits problem by doing some creative clicking. Still not sure why it does it when switching countries.
    "I Think were gonna need a bigger boat."
    "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force"

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Naval Warfare

Does anyone have any input on this issue? I could not give you an answer, but perhaps someone else could

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II