Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Mythre's Ye Olde Plaintiff's Court

Default Re: Mythre's Ye Olde Plaintiff's Court

I'm foreseeing an argument about to occur, so this post is to remind those to remain within the ToS, don't flame and don't goad for a reaction - and put it all in this thread, its what its here for

So did it succeed or not, because in the past someone has never been able to kill someone in the Tower, unless they are the King or someone similar. Where do the rules state that a dagger can magically appear without a roll? This is also of course, the same man who is currently dying and coughing blood with a Priest present also.

.Gregory patiently waited to ensure the Prince's faithful bodyguards were well away....(they were in fact in the next level talking with female inmates).... seizing the last of his strength, Gregory threw himself at Prince Montgomery....
    And since when can you decide where my guards are?
    The Arch Bishop simply sat back down on his bed, the murder unnoticed by the Prince's bodyguards. However the Countess of Powys, who had been present in the room had seen the entire event unfold before her eyes....
    I honestly doubt his Bodyguards wouldnt enter a room with a prisoner in it who was known to be my enemy.

And no time before have we been allowed weapons in the Tower, let alone kill someone, only the King has done so..

I also believe this is for OOC reasons as a result of the moderation action thread argument..

Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    I honestly doubt his Bodyguards wouldnt enter a room with a prisoner in it who was known to be my enemy.

And no time before have we been allowed weapons in the Tower, let alone kill someone, only the King has done so..

I also believe this is for OOC reasons as a result of the moderation action thread argument..
    May I ask how many guards you have purchased, MD?

2, and also the presence of Narf would minus whatever the modifier is for the Assasination, may I also ask, where is the past precedent/rule for weapons being smuggled into the tower without a roll or another character doing it? Murders need a good reason, this is clearly an OOC vendetta, like the Excommunication of me.

In a friendly house (ie not yours or the assassins)
    Yeomen - 7/20
    Nobles – 3/20
    Arent the chances that the Tower of London would be friendly to me, since I am a Prince, a Duke and an Officer of State?
    Last edited by Djûn; February 07, 2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Post merging.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

can i just point out that under the rules open assassinations don't require any reason whatsoever, its only hidden ones that require being cleared by the mods.

However, i would like to add my own questioning of the knife in the tower point. From what i see, he shouldn't have had the knife, which means under the rules, he simply wouldn't have had a +modifier. Plus the guards thing is only something that major can determine, it was written in the rule that outside of your home, they are always with you, unless its clearly stated. I should know, i wrote them after all...

Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

The three things to consider in determining the chances of an Assassination attempt are as follows:

1) The location of the Assassination.

2) The sum positive modifier of the Assassin.

3) The sum negative modifier of the Target.

With regards to
    (1) the appelant requests that the location was a 'Friendly Location' instead of an 'Indoors Location', stating that the Tower of London (henceforth 'the location') is a place in which he, as a Officer of State and a Prince, would be accepted as if it were a character's home which would be allied to himself and/or his family.

With regards to (2) the appelant requests that the Assassin should not be permitted his bonus from his dagger (henceforth 'the weapon') due to the Assassin's position as a prisoner in the location and no roll was requested or granted to show that he might be permitted the weapon.

With regards to (3) the appelant requests that the Victim's guard modifiers should not be ignored as said guards would not leave him in the presence of a person hostile to their master.

Is this above summary correct?

Indeed, and the rules do require a reason for open assasinations PM'ed to the mod beforehand.

Also, my final point is that the reason is ooc influenced

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

It's a good thing, as LW may now get his 'just desserts' for his past assassinations so we can do what he does and keep ooc grudges. You have definitely put people off Rp'ing with you lw.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Indeed, and the rules do require a reason for open assasinations PM'ed to the mod beforehand.
    no, unless the rules have changed significantly that is wrong. Its asked that mods get pmed before hand, so they have some idea of whats going on, and can be availiable to do rolls and such. But only hidden assasinations need a reason.

From the rules section of "Open Assasinations"

The second way to kill is Open Assassination; these are usually done in the spur of the moment and instantly reveal your identity for all to see.

Open Assassination Steps

1. First you must be in the same thread as your target.
    2. Next we would like for you to pm a mod telling you your reason BEFORE you post you are trying to kill your target (most of the time though the reason is obvious if you are resorting to a open assassination... but you never know, if no mod is on you can skip this step as time may be of the essence).
    3. Post that you are trying to kill so-and-so using whatever assassination items you wish to use with the roll.
    4. A Mod will do the rest posting the results in the thread.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

well, i'm not a mod so i can't say. But that is poorly written, but its always been that the pming a mod in an open is just curtisy, and that you don't need a reason. However, i have made my point, so i shall stop posting now, i leave it to the moderators to decide.

Still says it

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

You'll notice Major if you read the entire part of that rules that it says this:

Quote Originally Posted by Open Assassination Rules
    2. Next we would like for you to pm a mod telling you your reason BEFORE you post you are trying to kill your target (most of the time though the reason is obvious if you are resorting to a open assassination... but you never know, if no mod is on you can skip this step as time may be of the essence).
    The underlinned parts specifically point out that this is a courtesy step more than anything else. But I do see your point in the rules... They are a tad miss leading so Ill make a little amendment to make it abundantly clear that no reason is required for open assassinations...

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Well then take it out of the rules or make it clearer so people understand it after they've been infairly screwed over please.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Benedikte would not be standing there and watching. Benedikte would act on instinct. She likes both the persons in the small cell. I want Benedikte to take the blow. A Main for a Main. It is only fair. Benedikte would take the hit. Stop discussing all this, it anoys me and i just want it to be over. Stop argueing with eachother and let Bene take the blow end of Story. Nothing personal against any of you ofcourse. I just get very emotional scared and such when people i like are argueing with eachother.
    Don't talk me from it. I want Bene to take the hit.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

MD, that was only RP. I counted ALL of your SI's.

I assumed you cannot use a weapon in the Tower. And yet the assasination rules thread stated absolutely no where that it couldn't be done, nor that the Tower counted as a princes homethread.

What exactly do you want? You complained last night in the moderation thread about the rules not being followed, now that I've followed them I have still done something wrong?

And OOC reasons? You grasp at straws sir.

You dont think LW did this from ooc reasons? Even the Excommunication was for OOC reasons.

The rules have not been followed and I would appreciate it if Dune answers my appeal as Head Mod.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Quote Originally Posted by René Artois View Post
    Well then take it out of the rules or make it clearer so people understand it after they've been infairly screwed over please.
    yeah major and you have a point mate... I will make it more clear cheers...

Major we'll take the appeal and get back to you... If you have anything else to add to your appeal please PM dune or me or any of the mods really, LW that goes for you to... Thanks for keeping a reasonably cool head... And I entrust both of you (major and lw) will keep this as cool as possible until resolved. If you need to argue (not that I want you to) please take it off GSTK.

Thanks

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

I was never told the reason for either of LW's assassinations of my characters. I even asked the mod that rolled them (Stildawn) what the reason was, and I was never given it.
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

So wait, players are meant to give reasons to mods who are online, who CB was, as he is the one who did the rolls without an action post within the Tower.. What was the reason CB?