Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mythre's Ye Olde Plaintiff's Court

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Default Re: Mythre's Ye Olde Plaintiff's Court

It wasn't an assassination it was an arrest and it was not valid MMM lived on for many more years and I acted as if he had not being seen in the vacinity of a traitor.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

I was atlking about Boghosian lol. Not something more than a year old...
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

Quote Originally Posted by René Artois View Post
    You don't have any men. My lands are the same as yours and I am Prince of those lands. Also I never disbanded them after beating the English before.
    Quote Originally Posted by René Artois View Post
    ooc: Firstly how does CB have 1000 men? His lands were exactly the same as mine, and my troops are with me seeing as they have been with me since before he was made Earl and when I beat Major.

Rene is being most unsportsman-like.

1. He has been earning income and spending money, which means that he hasn't had his men levied this entire time. I was under the impression that if your men are mustered then you don't earn momey. Its either your men or your money/SI's you cant have you're cake and eat it..

2. The army rene invaded England with originally was the 3000 strong rabble granted to him by the mods. When he agreed to the Horton House agreement, he essentially disbanded 2000 of his men as per the treaty requirements and agreed to a limit of 1000. Again, these weren't even levied as he has drawn income.

3. His army wasn't levied when I created my citadel thread and gave it a guard of 330 soldiers. At 1:01Pm rene stated he'd levied all 1000 troops. I made my home thread at 6am that day, in which i stated that my 'free' standing army was 330 men. Thus if we were to be competely fair to the rule, wouldn't my army be 330 men, with the maximun ammount of troops Rene could draw from the same region 670? If we basically have title over the same region and draw from the same troops, if rene 'levies' his troops, which he had to do to invade, he would only have had 670 troops to draw from, giving him even less then what he has now.

4. Rene claims his army has remained levied since invading england the first time. That being the case, why did he post that he levied his army before invading the second time? (and after I posted my home thread with my standing army I may add).

I'm happy for us both to have 1000 troops, but rene seems to object. I would appreciate a mod decision on this. Personally I do understand to an extent why Rene objects to me raising troops, being that we've basically got the same title over the same land, and both expected to draw troops from it. But I also would find it highly unfair if I was to be the only earl in England that can't levy or command his own troops.
    Last edited by Barbarian Nobility; October 05, 2010 at 09:35 PM.

Lets not get personal chaps, PMs are also bound by the ToS..

- Major Darling

-
    Last edited by Barbarian Nobility; October 05, 2010 at 09:34 PM.

Mythre's Avatar Jack of all trades,

For the sake of some continuity in the game. I am going to make a snap decision.See the battle place for decisions.
    A wise man in times of peace prepares for war. -Horace
    GSTK: King Geoffry Wilson III - 35

A wise man in times of peace prepares for war. -Horace
    In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. Do not advance relying on sheer military power. - Sun Tzu
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by ClothedBarbarian View Post
    Rene is being most unsportsman-like.

1. He has been earning income and spending money, which means that he hasn't had his men levied this entire time. I was under the impression that if your men are mustered then you don't earn momey. Its either your men or your money/SI's you cant have you're cake and eat it..

2. The army rene invaded England with originally was the 3000 strong rabble granted to him by the mods. When he agreed to the Horton House agreement, he essentially disbanded 2000 of his men as per the treaty requirements and agreed to a limit of 1000. Again, these weren't even levied as he has drawn income.

3. His army wasn't levied when I created my citadel thread and gave it a guard of 330 soldiers. At 1:01Pm rene stated he'd levied all 1000 troops. I made my home thread at 6am that day, in which i stated that my 'free' standing army was 330 men. Thus if we were to be competely fair to the rule, wouldn't my army be 330 men, with the maximun ammount of troops Rene could draw from the same region 670? If we basically have title over the same region and draw from the same troops, if rene 'levies' his troops, which he had to do to invade, he would only have had 670 troops to draw from, giving him even less then what he has now.

4. Rene claims his army has remained levied since invading england the first time. That being the case, why did he post that he levied his army before invading the second time? (and after I posted my home thread with my standing army I may add).

I'm happy for us both to have 1000 troops, but rene seems to object. I would appreciate a mod decision on this. Personally I do understand to an extent why Rene objects to me raising troops, being that we've basically got the same title over the same land, and both expected to draw troops from it. But I also would find it highly unfair if I was to be the only earl in England that can't levy or command his own troops.
    12345. I didn't draw any income. I had promotion money, 100 that Major's character gave me, and that was it. There hasn't even been an income day yet since I got promoted.
    Also, I never disbanded them and I never levied them. I posted that they were mobilised, but that was just to let people know we were "moving out", as modern armies say.
    You say i'm being "unsportsman-like": no. We just need people to follow the rules. I don't care if I lose the battle, but if I lost the battle due to the English having 1000 unfairly allocated troops then I do care.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

im still waiting on the verdict, ohh wise ones

Section Editor ES
    • Librarian • Local Moderator • Citizen • CdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

I would like to officially appeal the death of Anna Fosdyke. She died in childbirth a couple of weeks ago but I gave LW no permission to use my aux to have a child and he did it without asking me at all. Or even asking in character. It just happened.

Cheers guys.

EDIT: Here is the post:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...51#post8148251
    Last edited by Capt. Fozdike; October 15, 2010 at 05:35 AM.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

Did he ever marry her?

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

i don't believe that there was a marriage no.

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

Then the birthroll shouldn't be valid.

So he has no son

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

i was of the understanding it was a different lady anna, but he cleary states anna fosdike, so i'm inclided to agree with carl, the birth roll was invalid, thus anna lives and lw has no child.

Quote Originally Posted by Raglan von Döbeln View Post
    i don't believe that there was a marriage no.
    No there was no marriage.

i was of the understanding it was a different lady anna, but he cleary states anna fosdike, so i'm inclided to agree with carl, the birth roll was invalid, thus anna lives and lw has no child.
    Thank you.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

I don't think this really belongs here, but I would just like to point out in the spirit of cartoon villainy that there was never a peace settlement agreed to between England and Scottland after England invaded in 1406, a fact that's been forgotten by pretty much everybody because I made such a good heretic and all-round bad guy. So now would be a pretty good time for the scottish to invade, so i figure anyways....in fact i think the norwegian invasion, followed by a joint scottish and french invasion coming from two different directions would be bloody epic.
    Last edited by Barbarian Nobility; October 16, 2010 at 06:23 AM.

I don't even remember when we invaded Scotland.

twas 1406 in the embryonic stages of the invasion, the english were destroying border fortresses. Then i rocked up and started doing prickish things like burning down st. tristans

Can you link the thread?

I seriously don't remember actually DECLARING war, but commissioning Ace's men to do party raids on their border towns. That's not declaring war, because he was under a strange flag if i remember...