Thread: Mythre's Ye Olde Plaintiff's Court

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

Default Re: Mythre's Ye Olde Plaintiff's Court

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    So wait, players are meant to give reasons to mods who are online, who CB was, as he is the one who did the rolls without an action post within the Tower.. What was the reason CB?
    The reasons were valid. I can assure you.

With regards to the following appeals:

With regards to (1) the appelant requests that the location was a 'Friendly Location' instead of an 'Indoors Location', stating that the Tower of London (henceforth 'the location') is a place in which he, as a Officer of State and a Prince, would be accepted as if it were a character's home which would be allied to himself and/or his family.

With regards to (2) the appelant requests that the Assassin should not be permitted his bonus from his dagger (henceforth 'the weapon') due to the Assassin's position as a prisoner in the location and no roll was requested or granted to show that he might be permitted the weapon.

With regards to (3) the appelant requests that the Victim's guard modifiers should not be ignored as said guards would not leave him in the presence of a person hostile to their master.

1) Appeal granted. The 'Tower of London' location will be considered as a 'friendly house' for those inside it. The guards of the Tower would wish harm upon neither their visitors nor thier captives - their very livelihood often relies on keeping the wellbeing of both of these parties secured.

I will state here that this interpretation lies entirely with the unique nature that the Tower of London holds. The prima facie interpretation of an 'indoors location' cannot be faulted in any manner - our rules are vague in order to retain flexibility of RP, and quite rightly so.

2) Appeal granted. With no prior plotting or attempts to smuggle in both a dagger and poison to coat it, a prisoner would be unable to bring such objects into the Tower. I have always stated that I will reward good RP and ingenius planning, but I cannot see either present here. Elphinstone's assassination trait bonus does not apply to an open assassination as this, only to closed ones - as the trait explains.

3) Appeal denied. In reviewing the numbers, both the Guards and the 'wise and kind' trait were incorporated in the rolls.

The final result therefore is as follows:

Base chance (friendly house): 3/20.
    Assassin's modifiers: Nil.
    Victim's modifiers: Guards (-2); Wise and Kind (-2)
    Final chance: 1/20 (capped at bottom limit)

Roll of '6' stands - failure.

Escape roll of '6' stands - success.

I apologise personally for any inconvenience caused and the delays in RPing. Any questions I would ask should be sent to me via PM, e-mail or messenger (t_rigger_42@hotmail.com for MSN).

Again, I wish to state that the problems in this have been identified largely as the flexible nature that our rules are designed to hold as well as the unique relation in which the Tower of London is held.

Last edited by Djûn; February 07, 2011 at 04:35 PM.