Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Mythre's Ye Olde Plaintiff's Court

Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

Default Re: Mythre's Ye Olde Plaintiff's Court

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    So wait, players are meant to give reasons to mods who are online, who CB was, as he is the one who did the rolls without an action post within the Tower.. What was the reason CB?
    The reasons were valid. I can assure you.

With regards to the following appeals:

With regards to (1) the appelant requests that the location was a 'Friendly Location' instead of an 'Indoors Location', stating that the Tower of London (henceforth 'the location') is a place in which he, as a Officer of State and a Prince, would be accepted as if it were a character's home which would be allied to himself and/or his family.

With regards to (2) the appelant requests that the Assassin should not be permitted his bonus from his dagger (henceforth 'the weapon') due to the Assassin's position as a prisoner in the location and no roll was requested or granted to show that he might be permitted the weapon.

With regards to (3) the appelant requests that the Victim's guard modifiers should not be ignored as said guards would not leave him in the presence of a person hostile to their master.

1) Appeal granted. The 'Tower of London' location will be considered as a 'friendly house' for those inside it. The guards of the Tower would wish harm upon neither their visitors nor thier captives - their very livelihood often relies on keeping the wellbeing of both of these parties secured.

I will state here that this interpretation lies entirely with the unique nature that the Tower of London holds. The prima facie interpretation of an 'indoors location' cannot be faulted in any manner - our rules are vague in order to retain flexibility of RP, and quite rightly so.

2) Appeal granted. With no prior plotting or attempts to smuggle in both a dagger and poison to coat it, a prisoner would be unable to bring such objects into the Tower. I have always stated that I will reward good RP and ingenius planning, but I cannot see either present here. Elphinstone's assassination trait bonus does not apply to an open assassination as this, only to closed ones - as the trait explains.

3) Appeal denied. In reviewing the numbers, both the Guards and the 'wise and kind' trait were incorporated in the rolls.

The final result therefore is as follows:

Base chance (friendly house): 3/20.
    Assassin's modifiers: Nil.
    Victim's modifiers: Guards (-2); Wise and Kind (-2)
    Final chance: 1/20 (capped at bottom limit)

Roll of '6' stands - failure.

Escape roll of '6' stands - success.

I apologise personally for any inconvenience caused and the delays in RPing. Any questions I would ask should be sent to me via PM, e-mail or messenger (t_rigger_42@hotmail.com for MSN).

Again, I wish to state that the problems in this have been identified largely as the flexible nature that our rules are designed to hold as well as the unique relation in which the Tower of London is held.

Last edited by Djûn; February 07, 2011 at 04:35 PM.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William
    Reason: he is my political enemy whom has forged treasonous lies against me, creating false documents to prove his lies.

If the reason is to do with me facing him over the Excommunication (Which was made with OOC Grudges by Him) - This includes the letters

What lies would these be?

My thanks Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenkruz View Post
    After recieving a letter from Alexandre du Fleur, Lord Campbell rides to Rutland and delivers this to a man waiting for him.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    By order of the last surviving member of the House of Henry, all owned lands are to be levied and sent to the Irish Government in exile. May God keep us safe in his all encompassing presence.

OOC: I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS
    I would argue that these lands cannot be levied given the last surviving member of the household is indefinately exiled. These lands should have automatically reverted to Royal Lands.

LW said he didn't want to escape though

Quote Originally Posted by NakedBarbarian View Post
    I would argue that these lands cannot be levied given the last surviving member of the household is indefinately exiled. These lands should have automatically reverted to Royal Lands.
    I repeat that it was an error of semantics on CB's part to bequeath the lands to the entire House of Henry and not to a single individual. I took advantage of it like the dastardly fellow that I am.

He had plenty of time to take the land after Amelia's death and yet there was no mention of it, nor was the map changed.
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Escape attempt.
    (LW stated to me he doesn't intend to escape from the Tower, just back into his cell)
    20/20
    •If using a melee weapon - -1 to roll
    •If inside an enclosed area - -1 to roll
    •For each guard in area (MD's two guards): -2 to roll
    •For each other player in area (Countess Benedikte): -1 to roll
    •Other modifiers may be applied by the Mods if deemed necessary, up to a maximum of -3.
    (I added the maximun of 3 because its the Tower of London for Jebus)

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Major in regards to LW reasons... He doesnt need any since it was an open assassination...

ArkocentoArisen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

heres just a qustion to the mods: just because Majorwent to The king saying Lw knifed him is that any proof? wouldnt he need the witness [Ie narf] to tell the King ... its a little unfair to say Barbar would just automatically believe him and say "time to kill the archbishop"
    Look, Some words

Default Re: The Tower Of London

ooc for once listen to me this was far to swift a response
    Look, Some words

There would be guards etc as well to back it up... Since it was an open assassination and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsey View Post
    I repeat that it was an error of semantics on CB's part to bequeath the lands to the entire House of Henry and not to a single individual. I took advantage of it like the dastardly fellow that I am.
    That really is very very poor behaviour. Im going to let the other moderators decide on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    There would be guards etc as well to back it up... Since it was an open assassination and all.
    who werent watching....for all that is known by them Narf stabbed major its really getting on bloody nerves how someone can so swiftly carry out revenge such as this
    Look, Some words

Was it an open assassination? Or not? If so then people know... Unless it was all done locked in a room, with no windows or doors and no one but LW and Major lol. Somethings we just have to take a bit of liberty with mate... This is a forum based RP after all not real life lol.

well then people should leave out petty real life arguments in an Rp...or else this becomes ridiculous
    Look, Some words

No it was an open assasination. The anonymous assasinations odds were even worse so LW turned them down. It can't be a hidden assasination as LW and MD were not alone.

That really is very very poor behaviour. Im going to let the other moderators decide on that one.
    I'm just doing a bit of literal interpretation so I feel that I'm within my rights. Go mods, go!
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Quote Originally Posted by Arkocento Prinos View Post
    well then people should leave out petty real life arguments in an Rp...or else this becomes ridiculous
    In a perfect world yes I agree mate lol. I wish for the day when we can all plot, backstab and kill each other in game, then hit the pub as good mates outside of the game lol.

But on a mod note... This is for appeals and if you feel wronged by the mods... So general ooc talk or mod related talk take it to the appropriate thread please

No it was an open assasination. The anonymous assasinations odds were even worse so LW turned them down. It can't be a hidden assasination as LW and MD were not alone.
    so then what was the point of the assassination if everyone could obviously see?
    Look, Some words