Thread: A lot of corruption

Default A lot of corruption

I'm playing as the romans and i have captured about 60 regions, i haven't got any finacial problems, i gain about 15000 denarii every turn but i could get up to 40000 if i had no corruption in my cities, can you tell me any tips to resolve this problem?
    thnx

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Good governors, especially in big cities; change capital to the center of your empire; build buildings that reduce corruption...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

which are? i tried the generals thing but the corruption is getting higher... now is 25000 denarii... lol

Do Law buildings help with corruption?

Yes law is the only thing, with decreasing the distance to capital that decrease corruption
    watch out with govevors with unrest traits because unrest increases coruption
    Living in the Netherland but am a Frisian the noblest of Germans. NOW playing SAI Julian campaign, http://www.unihorn.nl
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, Isaac Asimov
    F@ck de massa, grijp de Kassa, Bas Hoorn 2009

Foederatus

Another way to stop this may be to take all of your soldiers out of the city, let it rebel, then retake your settlement, and exterminate. You get rid of a bunch of rebels and you get money from the extermination itself. And afterwards you get more income on the city for some odd reason. Hope it helps.

CaptainQuark's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo yo
    … take all of your soldiers out of the city, let it rebel, then retake your settlement, and exterminate…
    A fave trick of mine! In my more pensive moments, I wonder whether it is morally justifiable to exterminate your own citizens.

…but then I think : NAH – :wub: 'EM!

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

I don't think you do get more income. The income displayed shows the amount this settlement is making relative to its size. ie a big settlement pays proportionately more than a small one towards armies etc. If you destroy the population then that city shows a bigger profit, but then the costs of your armies will have been spread more across your highly populated cites and that city will actual now be making less tax.

To see the real income of a city you must add the tax, the trade and the farming income. Do not go by the "income" figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo yo
    Another way to stop this may be to take all of your soldiers out of the city, let it rebel, then retake your settlement, and exterminate. You get rid of a bunch of rebels and you get money from the extermination itself. And afterwards you get more income on the city for some odd reason. Hope it helps.
    No, there's a much easier way. Send your diplomat to negotiate with an enemy. Give the enemy the settlement you want to exterminate: they'll never refuse if you offer it as a gift. Your troops move out automaticly. Select these troops and retake the city: let them do their work by exterminating/enslaving the population. This can be done in just one turn.
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

Moin Moin,

oh yes always on the poor !

check first the traits of your Family in this town , perhaps there is one who has this bad traits and when you send him away - it may be better .

If your Govenor stays to long in a Town, sometimes he gets bad traits like drunken man - send him on a journey against your enemies and whatch the traits, normally they get better traits - when they have won battles !

So killing your town people may be the last way :wink: