Thread: Hopeful question from a noob

Icon7 Hopeful question from a noob

Hello all,

I think we are all well aware of the CTD that happens when, after a battle, you have to choose between executing or releasing the captured enemy troops. Wandering on the translation files I came across something that looked just weird to me:

Those are the event_strings and the event_titles from the mod tex folder. As you can see, there are titles for prisoners_executed and prisoners_released that don't have the correlated texts on the event_string, while all the other titles do.
    Is that intended from the modders? (maybe for some script related to the dead army?) Because it looks a likely cause for a crash.

My thoughts: part of the text files, or at least the traslation files, come from the TATW mod text folder. I remember that in TATW you cannot make such choice, since you automaticly slaughter all prisioners to achieve more inmersion (orcs sparing elven lifes, wtf). So a mixing of files (maybe one from TA, another from "teutonic" vanilla folder) could be the cause of these script being in the title and not in the strings.

That the case, simply adding these lines

Code:
    {prisoners_executed_body_eastern_european}
    {prisoners_executed_body_greek}
    {prisoners_executed_body_mesoamerican}
    {prisoners_executed_body_middle_eastern}
    {prisoners_executed_body_northern_european}
    {prisoners_executed_body_southern_european}

{prisoners_released_body_eastern_european}
    {prisoners_released_body_greek}
    {prisoners_released_body_mesoamerican}
    {prisoners_released_body_middle_eastern}
    {prisoners_released_body_northern_european}
    {prisoners_released_body_southern_european}
    between {princess_marriage_body_southern_european} and {protectorate_established_body_eastern_european} in the event_string file, could get us rid of this annoying bug. About the ransom event, it does not appear in either the event_string nor the event_titles files, so I figure it remains as default in Vanilla.

Could that be correct at all?
    Probably it isn't, but it was worth a try - I guess.

Kind regards,

Sturm
    Last edited by sturmdg; August 04, 2010 at 11:15 AM.