Thread: how to see AoR units region?

Icon5 how to see AoR units region?

I wanna know which region have x local unit.... I mean from the gamedata/file or if anybody generous enough to share the list I'll gladly accept it

Default Re: how to see AoR units region?

YOu can only really do it manually by looking through the export_descr_buildings file, then finding the units which everyone can produce, find which location resource it needs then find out which regions those resources point to. Unfortunately I don't know how to figure out the last part.

thanks, I can see the units but not the regions....

and also how about AoR mercs too? I don't see any mercs on the EDB

OK, to clarify how AOR for Locals works, consider the following example for English Longbowmen:

recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 1 0.67 4 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.34 2 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource scotland or hidden_resource ireland or hidden_resource france
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.34 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1

The first line states that they are available at this tier, for England, in original English regions, after the FULL_PLATE event, with 1 starting unit in the pool, at replacement rate 0.67 and a pool size maximum of 4.

The second line states that they are available at this tier, for England, in Scottish, Irish or French regions, after the FULL_PLATE event, with no starting units in the pool, at replacement rate 0.34 and a pool size maximum of 2.

The third line states that they are available at this tier, for ALL OTHER FACTIONS, in original English regions, after the FULL_PLATE event, with no starting units in the pool, at replacement rate 0.34 and a pool size maximum of 2.

This pattern is followed for all Local units.

Early Professionals also have an AOR but it is less restrictive.
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 04, 2010 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    thanks, I can see the units but not the regions....

and also how about AoR mercs too? I don't see any mercs on the EDB
    Mercs are defined in descr_mercenaries, except for some Byzantine mercs which can be recruited via the EDB. Locals are in fact rather similar to mercs...

The full plate event is in the late 1300s, but when I played as Scotland, I saw Longbowmen much earlier than that.

Yes that's just some of the code, there is code in the same tier that makes them available around 1220, but at lower availability. This is all the Longbowmen code, at the Practice Range:

recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 1 0.67 4 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.34 2 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource scotland or hidden_resource ireland or hidden_resource france
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.34 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 1 0.5 3 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter new_era_begins 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.25 1 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter new_era_begins 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource scotland or hidden_resource ireland or hidden_resource france
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.25 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter new_era_begins 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 1 0.34 2 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter new_era_begins 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter new_era_begins 1 and hidden_resource scotland or hidden_resource ireland or hidden_resource france
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter new_era_begins 1