View Poll Results: Which 6.3 AI are you using?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gracul AI

37 15.16%
  • Lusted AI

25 10.25%
  • Savage AI

174 71.31%
  • All of the above.

8 3.28%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Campaign AI are you using?

Icon5 Which Campaign AI are you using?

Hi everyone, after downloading Stainless Steel 6.3 (it's absolutely amazing by the way !) I found you had to choose between three AIs:

Gracul AI
    Lusted AI
    Savage AI

I picked Savage AI, because it sounded like a good mix of aggression and peace.

Which one did you pick, and why?

Copied from SS6.3 set-up:

Gracul AI

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Gracul's AI, known for its aggressive style and constant backstabs when your faction is weak. You can actually lose to the AI!

The play-style of the computer resembles my own - expand and kill the weak even if it's your ally.

The computer will also create a lot of alliance blocks, and the world is at constant TOTAL WAR!

Ally holding only works if your actually a lot stronger than your allies.

Summary:
    Aggressiveness - 10/10
    Backstabs - 10/10
    Ally holding - 2/10
    Constant war state.

Lusted AI

Lusted's AI, which is the actual base for the other two AI's present here.

It features a more passive AI, with minimum wars and nearly no backstabbing.

Also its very easy to get alliances early on.

Summary:
    Aggressiveness - 2/10
    Backstabs - 2/10
    Ally holding - 8/10
    Peaceful campaign.

Savage AI

Savage AI, the one enjoyed by most of the people at SS forums.

The AI is more aggressive but not backstabbing AI, and the computer does not like to target multiple factions at the same time.

It's easy to get some alliances early on, which will probably hold for the rest of the game.

Still, a backstab is possible, however the AI will not go into a war frenzy.

Summary:
    Aggressiveness - 5/10
    Backstabs - 4/10
    Ally holding - 5/10
    Good balance between peace and war.
    Last edited by JohnGlave; August 04, 2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: The poll has been added, so no need for the link.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Which AI are you using?

Savage AI, but I have been exploring the scripts too much to actually play. Modding this is going to be....difficult, too say the least!

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

what's the differences? I'm downloading installing now and I have no idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

what AI was used in 6.2? that was my favorite. i beleive it was grucal's version.

Quote Originally Posted by cahoma View Post
    what's the differences? I'm downloading installing now and I have no idea
    The launcher gives you a very detailed description of each (with ratings for aggressiveness, backstabbing, alliances, etc), but here is my short and fast guide:

Gracul AI = Very Aggressive and back stabs a lot (I think the same AI as SS6.2 RC4 it was made by Gracul after all ), great if you want Total War.

Lusted AI = Honours Alliances, and easy alliances in the early game, but hard to get them in the late game, not that aggressive.

Savage AI = Aggressive, but not overtly, honours alliances most of the time, but sometimes back stabs, a mix of the two opposites, really.
    Last edited by JohnGlave; August 03, 2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Forgot to include quote (sorry I'm fairly new here).

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGlave View Post
    Hi everyone, after downloading Stainless Steel 6.3 (it's absolutely amazing by the way !) I found you had to choose between three AIs:

Gracul AI
    Lusted AI
    Savage AI

I picked Savage AI, because it sounded like a good mix of aggression and peace.

Which one did you pick, and why?
    Do a poll...Do a poll... Do a poll.... Nice thread btw, +Rep
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    I would love to do a poll, but I don't know why I thought this, but I thought you needed 50 posts.

After reading the forum help, you actually don't . But now I've made the thread I don't think I can add one on . Maybe a mod could add one, or show me how to ?

P.S. Thank you very much for the rep!
    Last edited by JohnGlave; August 03, 2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to say thank you.

Let's see if C.C. can help you out...

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

thanks john. this thread is a great idea. anyone got any in game examples of the ai's at work, in 6.3? thanks!
    i've played with them in older versions but with new ss want to know if they've changed at all.

i loved lusteds ai but when turtling the ai empires didn't expand enough.

i always felt like the fat kid on the bus with graculs, the ai wouldn't leave me alone, lol. leads to steamrolling ai in anger, bastards!!!!

played savage by default as best of both worlds. of course it's impossible to find the perfect ai.
    always found i could influence ai, by playing with money cheat. if i gave ai money they became stingy and aggresive, taketh away they were more manageable, except graculs those blood thirsty 's always wanted me on a cross! this has left me jaded so hoping for advances with 6.3.
    can't wait for LAST KINGDOM

Icon5 Which 6.3 AI are you using?

As the topic says - which 6.3 AI are you using? Why?

Note: please join with Which AI are you using? - the main reason for this is to add the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsdead View Post
    thanks john. this thread is a great idea. anyone got any in game examples of the ai's at work, in 6.3? thanks!
    i've played with them in older versions but with new ss want to know if they've changed at all.

i loved lusteds ai but when turtling the ai empires didn't expand enough.

i always felt like the fat kid on the bus with graculs, the ai wouldn't leave me alone, lol. leads to steamrolling ai in anger, bastards!!!!

played savage by default as best of both worlds. of course it's impossible to find the perfect ai.
    always found i could influence ai, by playing with money cheat. if i gave ai money they became stingy and aggresive, taketh away they were more manageable, except graculs those blood thirsty 's always wanted me on a cross! this has left me jaded so hoping for advances with 6.3.
    I wondered whether Lusted's AI would be too gentle, luck I didn't choose it then (I always turtle ).

Excellent description for Gracul's AI , although to be fair I never found it as aggressive as most people (maybe it was because I turtle?)!

Well, currently with my SS6.3 Byzantine campaign (Savage AI) the Venetian, and Hungarians have declared war on me (Hungry came with 3 full stacks (but they wandered around one of my castle's and never attacked it... Then ran away...)!).
    Last edited by JohnGlave; August 03, 2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar mistake.

preachercheeze's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Which 6.3 AI are you using?

Savage AI is my choice... even though it is jolly fun with Graculs AI that never lets you rest or Lusteds that makes you concentrate on alliances and development, I am more of a buddhist that likes the golden middle way...

Gracul AI = Very Aggressive and back stabs a lot (I think the same AI as SS6.2 RC4 it was made by Gracul after all ), great if you want Total War.
    Just so folks know playing M/M some unique alliances have endured for the entire campaign. Such as....

1. Bizzies {Byzantuim} - Hungary

2. HRE - France

3. Templars - Turks

yeah with Graculs (which i assume was 6.2's AI) many alliances i have had stood the test of time too.
    Yeppers peppers, it was SS6.2
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; August 03, 2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: grammar

The poll is here: Which 6.3 AI are you using?
    Topics will be joined as soon as CC sees the message. Afaik the only way to add a poll into this.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Savage, I'm having the hardest time ever so far with my Moors campaign. only manage to take one rebel city so far, failed to take Valencia (tried and got beat, Aragon has it now). didn't take the settlement between Tunis and Algeir (too risky, it's completely undeveloped, now Sicily has it and I'm free from worrying about another front of war... for now)

I nearly lost Silves, but managed to save it by sueing peace with the Portugese (it helped that I also blocked Lisbon and sailed my Silves garrison over there.. threatening mutual destruction.) Already lost two generals and i'm only like 10 + turns in ... ouch. though now finally Murcia and Silves have wooden walls, so I stand a chance on defense.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Just so folks know playing M/M some unique alliances have endured for the entire campaign. Such as....

1. Bizzies {Byzantuim} - Hungary

2. HRE - France

3. Templars - Turks
    yeah with Graculs (which i assume was 6.2's AI) many alliances i have had stood the test of time too.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    The poll is here: Which 6.3 AI are you using?
    Topics will be joined as soon as CC sees the message. Afaik the only way to add a poll into this.
    Thank you very much bane_tw (+rep if I could), it's a shame there isn't an easier way .

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Savage is my favourite AI

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

I would select Gracul AI as it's said to be more aggressive, which is the only ai style that gives the ai a chance to achieve anything vs a human.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Gracul i find that if im not at war with someone and using the real time strategy part of the game i tend to get bored

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast