Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SupCom universe vs. Warhammer 40,000 universe ROLEPLAY!!! The End Times

Default SupCom universe vs. Warhammer 40,000 universe ROLEPLAY!!! The End Times

It is 2010 and life on Earth totally ing sucks. High taxes, declining standard of living, and overpopulation and rampant warfare all create a very dystopia-esque environment. And then suddenly, out of nowhere, a new menace arrived.

A army of never before seen robots materialize in New York and lay waste to the city completely atomizing it. It's 10 million residents dead within a matter of minutes. It looked as if the Human race was on the verge of collapse when another enemy emerged out of thin air.

The godly machines then turned their guns on this new foe. Neither friend or neutral they bore the markings of a golden eagle, mysterious runes, and a eight pointed star. Soon a massive dozen plus faction war erupted as each army turned on the other.

Two universes collide, two IPs converge. Who will win? Let's find out!

===============================================================================

Basically this is a SupCom vs. WH40K roleplay thread. The WH40K factions, if they want to, can form a super alliance to beat this new foe. And likewise SupCom can form one to. Or do a FFA I don't care either way.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: SupCom universe vs. Warhammer 40,000 universe ROLEPLAY!!! The End Times

So boring, I don't like a war that have no blood or skulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Default Re: SupCom universe vs. Warhammer 40,000 universe ROLEPLAY!!! The End Times

Sup Com forces land in New York.

Case A: The Imperium realizes the danger and scorches the entire army from orbit. 40k wins.

Case B: The Imperium does not realize the danger and allows the sup com army more than half an hour to mobilize. In two hours, Terra surrenders under an infinite sea of assault bots.

Case C: The UEF commander bro-fists an Imperator Titan, goes, " THE XENOS", and proceeds to turn every craftworld/hive fleet/corrupted planet/necron tomb word/Tau sept into T1 engineers within the next year.

It is 2010 Earth, not Terra...
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    It is 2010 Earth, not Terra...
    Terra = Earth, anyway. Plus there are 40k forces present. Replace "Imperium" with "Earth governments" and my post still makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithie View Post
    Terra = Earth, anyway. Plus there are 40k forces present. Replace "Imperium" with "Earth governments" and my post still makes sense.
    What assumption here is that our Earth is not Imperial Terra.

What assumption here is that our Earth is not Imperial Terra.
    Oh.

Well, in which case, either we're all ed or we ascend technologically to a post-scarcity mood, depending on how charitable the ACU commanders feel.

Oh.

Well, in which case, either we're all ed or we ascend technologically to a post-scarcity mood, depending on how charitable the ACU commanders feel.
    It also depends. The weakness of SupCom is that once ACU is dead, all machine would stop too. Imperium may simply find out where the ACU is and send a few shells from their fleet, case solve.

It also depends. The weakness of SupCom is that once ACU is dead, all machine would stop too. Imperium may simply find out where the ACU is and send a few shells from their fleet, case solve.
    Only going to happen if:

A. The Imperium recognizes the danger of the ACUs.
    B. The Imperium acts as SOON as the ACUs arrive.

Give the ACUs even 10 minutes of unmolested build time and that becomes impossible.

Sup Com forces land in New York.

Case A: The Imperium realizes the danger and scorches the entire army from orbit. 40k wins.

Case B: The Imperium does not realize the danger and allows the sup com army more than half an hour to mobilize. In two hours, Terra surrenders under an infinite sea of assault bots.

Case C: The UEF commander bro-fists an Imperator Titan, goes, " THE XENOS", and proceeds to turn every craftworld/hive fleet/corrupted planet/necron tomb word/Tau sept into T1 engineers within the next year.
    What does this have to do with Necrons? Its set in todays time.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    What does this have to do with Necrons? Its set in todays time.
    1. I misread the thread.
    2. Okay, I lied about point #1. I didn't actually read the thread.

Only going to happen if:

A. The Imperium recognizes the danger of the ACUs.
    B. The Imperium acts as SOON as the ACUs arrive.

Give the ACUs even 10 minutes of unmolested build time and that becomes impossible.
    The problem is that you underestimate the effectiveness of Imperial Navy. ACUs can build all its want but finding their location from space, especially they are as big as a Titan, is not difficult. In fact, it is arguable that Imperial Navy alone is enough to do that job.

Weak battle fleet kills SupCom.

The problem is that you underestimate the effectiveness of Imperial Navy. ACUs can build all its want but finding their location from space, especially they are as big as a Titan, is not difficult. In fact, it is arguable that Imperial Navy alone is enough to do that job.

Weak battle fleet kills SupCom.
    Good luck getting through the sup com shields.

Actually, I'm not sure if sup-com shields can withstand orbital bombardment. We know a 100 MT nuke cracks them pretty handily, but I'm not sure if Imperial ships carry any non-ordinance weapons that can deliver that yield through orbit.

Can lance batteries target a planet's surface? If so they can probably crack a sup-com shield, but even then it becomes a race of whether or not the ACU can build shields faster than they get taken down.

Traditional exterminatus methods like cyclonic torpedoes and virus bombs wouldn't work; the sup com point defenses and missile defenses are just too damn good.

A nova cannon will probably do it, but then the question becomes whether the Imperium is willing to lose the planet to kill the ACUs.

If they have fore-knowledge about sup com, then yes, yes they would.

Actually, I'm not sure if sup-com shields can withstand orbital bombardment. We know a 100 MT nuke cracks them pretty handily, but I'm not sure if Imperial ships carry any non-ordinance weapons that can deliver that yield through orbit.

Can lance batteries target a planet's surface? If so they can probably crack a sup-com shield, but even then it becomes a race of whether or not the ACU can build shields faster than they get taken down.

Traditional exterminatus methods like cyclonic torpedoes and virus bombs wouldn't work; the sup com point defenses and missile defenses are just too damn good.

A nova cannon will probably do it, but then the question becomes whether the Imperium is willing to lose the planet to kill the ACUs.

In 40K there are different types of shield too. The problem is that orbital bombardment can also change its attack power too, so shield is not too effective against powerful bombardment.

I don't believe SupCom has shield can withstand such bombardment, anyway.

In 40K there are different types of shield too. The problem is that orbital bombardment can also change its attack power too, so shield is not too effective against powerful bombardment.

I don't believe SupCom has shield can withstand such bombardment, anyway.
    (sup com 2 shields can) BUT IT'S A SHAME THAT SUP COM 2 NEVER GOT MADE.

But yes, I concede that the ACUs would most likely die to orbital bombardment. Of course, between teleportation and stealth, you'd probably have to bomb the whole planet. Just to be sure.

(sup com 2 shields can) BUT IT'S A SHAME THAT SUP COM 2 NEVER GOT MADE.

But yes, I concede that the ACUs would most likely die to orbital bombardment. Of course, between teleportation and stealth, you'd probably have to bomb the whole planet. Just to be sure.
    Not really. As long as the scanner points within planet did not destroy, Imperial Navy can always scan whole planet whenever they want (as DoW2 shows).

But as a Champion of Khorne, orbital bombardment is too boring for me. I probably would find out ACU's location and launch a teleportation assault - everything would be finished in five seconds.:

Not really. As long as the scanner points within planet did not destroy, Imperial Navy can always scan whole planet whenever they want (as DoW2 shows).

But as a Champion of Khorne, orbital bombardment is too boring for me. I probably would find out ACU's location and launch a teleportation assault - everything would be finished in five seconds.:
    Cybran ACU has the ability to cloak itself on the visual spectrum as well as thermal/mass/gravitic sensors. So you can really never be sure that you've got him.

Necron Gauss Weapons can ignore shields. The beam simply phases through. Thats what weapons made by being who control the laws of physics can do.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Necron Gauss Weapons can ignore shields. The beam simply phases through. Thats what weapons made by being who control the laws of physics can do.
    What makes you think Sup Com shields operate on the same principles as 40k shields?

What makes you think Sup Com shields operate on the same principles as 40k shields?
    Well they don't use warp tech. Anything that is based in the material universe is useless at stopping gauss.
    Art //

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast