Thread: Thinking of doing a Call of Warhammer fanfic and....

Default Thinking of doing a Call of Warhammer fanfic and....

So I'm tossing around the idea of doing a Call of Warhammer fan fiction that will follow a small, mixed unit of Imperial troopers who were decimated in a battle against Chaos and were transferred to a new army out of Altdorf after being mixed and restored to fighting strength. The fan fiction will see this unit travel from Altdorf to Troll Country, and south from Nurn to the Imperial coast with the Sea of Claws. That's the rough area the story will take place in. I plan to write it as if a TV series and I am thinking up a cast now.

I can pretty much make up Chaos names as their is no rhyme or reason with them. The thing I need help with is names for Imperial, Kislev, Dwarven, Sylvanian, and Orcish characters. I plan on visiting several Imperial provinces definitely Reikland, Stirland, Hochland, and Nordland among others and I will have episodes take place in Kislev, Troll Country, one episode will take place in Norsca/Northern Wastes, and I am thinking of some action in Naggarond. But that and a few other areas will definitely take place in season 2. The "series" is not necessarily only for Call of Warhammer but Warhammer Fantasy in general. As the series is iniated I will, unless most of my other ventures, take and implement viewer suggestions and even some requests as I want this to be a very unique experience both for my viewers and for myself.

Default Re: Thinking of doing a Call of Warhammer fanfic and....

Shouldn't this be in the Call of Warhammer forum???

Anyway, i can help. Just tell me what you need to do. (Im also a fluff bible for fantasy )
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the Call of Warhammer forum???

Anyway, i can help. Just tell me what you need to do. (Im also a fluff bible for fantasy )
    Well I need names for Empire, Chaos, Orcs, Kislev, and Sylvania. I need some name examples because I want to build a cast that will last until season's end and beyond. I want to do something different. I want to make something a war epic. Something like Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan but that will fit in the Warhammer universe. I want to follow a squad of Imperial troopers as they are assigned to various theatres of battle.

Sir Pignans's Avatar The bringer of cheese.

Good luck!

I know squat about fantasy warhammer, but I will look in interest for you're story, where will you be posting it?
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

My Political Profile.

Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pignans View Post
    Good luck!

I know squat about fantasy warhammer, but I will look in interest for you're story, where will you be posting it?
    The Call of Warhammer sub- forums.

Empire names are easy. They are just German and Austrian names.

Kislev is just Russian or eastern European names.

Give me a bit to think of some Sylvanian names.
    Art //

Dont forget to add a pesky warboss, whom always lives to fight another battle somewhere, somehow.......
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    Dont forget to add a pesky warboss, whom always lives to fight another battle somewhere, somehow.......
    Most definitely. Orcs are definitely slated for Season 1 maybe even the first episode. As their the most common enemy correct?

anywhere and any time in wh40k its impossible to not encounter orks at some point.
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pignans View Post
    Good luck!

all you need to know is that if you bring basilisks you can influence the fantasy battle on the table next to you. heheh.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    all you need to know is that if you bring basilisks you can influence the fantasy battle on the table next to you. heheh.
    *Face palm and smiles*

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm interested, I have call of warhammer somewhere around my room...I might install it and give it a try.

Ok, I started fleshing out first chapter or episode and I just need a good name for the Sylvanian Count I used a Norse name for the Chaos character and the Orc Warboss was easy to give a name to.

EDIT: Currently the full cast is as follows the Sylvanian Count that will be in the story is omitted till I can name him.

Empire -

Trooper Sigismund Fritz
    Trooper Reimund Olaf
    Trooper Ottomar Ferdinand
    Trooper Ludwig Claus
    Trooper Dietrich Kaspar
    Trooper Hans Wulf
    Trooper Heinz Engelbert
    Trooper Josef Waldemar
    Lieutenant Gunther Johan
    Captain Adelbert Friedhelm

Orcs -

Warboss Gutsmasha Skullsplitta

Chaos -

Lord Gunnar Freyr (I looked it up it the name is Norse and collectively means "War Lord" :XD)
    Last edited by Outlawstar15a2; August 11, 2010 at 10:28 PM.