Thread: Units light infaltry behaviour

Icon2 Units light infaltry behaviour

Hi, I only want to say that i dont want the units to be spread out all the time, witchthey are.
    Woudent it be better to have the option to have them spread out or in a tight formation using fire by rank?I think so

What does you think abaout this? and sorry for baaad english
    Napoleon total war my mods

Sweden is underrestimated! Sweden is underrestimated!

Default Re: Units light infaltry behaviour

Troops in that time did not fight in tight formation at all , so using light infantry mode they kneeling, hiding , more less like in real [ ntw engine not allows to make a real trench warfare so we must accept light infantry mode battle system ]

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

You want your WW1 units to use fire by rank?

I'm afraid I don't fully understand.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    Now lets be nice....

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

I think he posted in the wrong mod
    Patronized by Hader.

Icon9 Re: Units light infaltry behaviour

I didnt! It is just that I want them to me a bit tome thicker so they can fit in a city or so. A tw player Me

I wonder is it possible to give them a secondary formation where they are closer together in a tighter formation but still use light infantry behaviour? The secondary formation wouldn't be the rank formation but a smaller tighter version of what we have now. This way you could switch between the two.
    I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but at least I'm in the box!

Icon10 Re: Units light infaltry behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyhammer View Post
    I wonder is it possible to give them a secondary formation where they are closer together in a tighter formation but still use light infantry behaviour? The secondary formation wouldn't be the rank formation but a smaller tighter version of what we have now. This way you could switch between the two.
    Great idea! Agree!

I'm sorry, I love you really theo
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Let's see...a rifle battalion firing by rank at a machine gun...hmm, maybe I'll mod that out if I have time

Well, theo, besides historical accuracy, there is also the arty problem. It already kills alot of dudes, so making tight lines would result in completely useless infantry.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Can we just use light infantry behavior as 'crawl'?

Crawling would be cool... however the tight formation would be 100% useless. Infantry already get chewed up a lot as it is by rifle fire, and even more so by canister shot and machine guns. And the fire by rank idea is historically inaccurate and relatively pointless.