Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for 6.3! - Post CTDs in a new topic!

Default Re: Bug Reports for 6.3!

My turns are taking an absurdly long time to complete. I got used to the slightly longer turns in SS 6.1 but this is just crazy.

I have an oc'd e8500, 4gb ram, ATI 5770 oc'd, etc. which played 6.1 just fine but I'm at a loss with 6.3

Also, apologies if this is in wrong thread.

Game locks up on the start of turn 52.

Savage AI, permenent arrows, early campaign with scotland.
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 05, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by strategiry View Post
    My turns are taking an absurdly long time to complete. I got used to the slightly longer turns in SS 6.1 but this is just crazy.

I have an oc'd e8500, 4gb ram, ATI 5770 oc'd, etc. which played 6.1 just fine but I'm at a loss with 6.3

Also, apologies if this is in wrong thread.
    This isn't a bug so yeah, wrong thread. But atleast you apologized. If you want a faster turn time, dont play with as many scripts, go install my submod in the submods section (or click my sig), clean out your computers dust etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Game locks up on the start of turn 52.

Savage AI, permenent arrows, early campaign with scotland
    Fix on the first page here.

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    This isn't a bug so yeah, wrong thread. But atleast you apologized. If you want a faster turn time, dont play with as many scripts, go install my submod in the submods section (or click my sig), clean out your computers dust etc.

Fix on the first page here.
    thanks

Nalkarauke's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    English catapult maker has wrong (little) graphic in the screen where we choose buildings to build - but only on the choice line.
    shows correct graphic when its in the building queue.
    --
    Homicidal merchants? Moved an english merchant onto the square with the gold in Morocco - the merchant already there went "aaaarghh" and keeled over.
    definitely not an acquisition.
    --
    It happened to me too vs a rebel merchant near galway. I moved to the square with a resource (covered with a fog of war) and I listened AAAAAAAAARRRGGHHH!! LOL it was funny! All was super quick, because I accelerated time by pressing mouse button... I did not see even the grey merchant clearly... I thought my merchant failed an adquisition, but after some investigations my merchant killed the rebel merchant.
    So it appears to be a rule: "When a merchant occupies the same position of another merchant the merchant kills the merchant occupying its place" Weird bug or nasty exploit... I hope this will be solved.

I am playing with england too.

You "killed" a Morocco's rebel merchant or a faction one?

Tiro

Ok i dont know where to report this error but there does not seem to be another section for it...
    I am having 8 generals and 12 conquered settlements but still my faction heir who is married to a princess is not having any children and even the rest of married generals..the unmarried generals are not getting married...
    I am sorry but i dont know where to post this..its not a bug but then why..never encountered such a problem with SS6.2 RR/RC

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

You "killed" a Morocco's rebel merchant or a faction one?
    tbh I don't know which faction the merchant belonged to - fow meant didn't know any merchant was on resource when I moved mine, and they all look much the same
    having rebel merchant with 0MP seems dumb - why not give them 5MP so they can move out of the way? (or normal MP for that matter?)
    I don't mind bumping them off their resource, but I do mind bumping them off. (/pun)

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by neha123 View Post
    Ok i dont know where to report this error but there does not seem to be another section for it...
    I am having 8 generals and 12 conquered settlements but still my faction heir who is married to a princess is not having any children and even the rest of married generals..the unmarried generals are not getting married...
    I am sorry but i dont know where to post this..its not a bug but then why..never encountered such a problem with SS6.2 RR/RC
    Conquer a few more settlements. There is a hardcoded family members:regions controlled ratio that if you dip below it, you wont get marriage or adoption offers or new kids being born until you get more regions.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Having an issue with the Alt Tab thing, the game and my desktop are both set to a resolution of 1920x1200
    but the border-less mode doesn't seem to be working? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Conquer a few more settlements. There is a hardcoded family members:regions controlled ratio that if you dip below it, you wont get marriage or adoption offers or new kids being born until you get more regions.
    Does this mean I can't just conquer England, Scotland and Ireland and just have a turtle campaign with every settlement managed by a blood-related family member?

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    Does this mean I can't just conquer England, Scotland and Ireland and just have a turtle campaign with every settlement managed by a blood-related family member?
    Not sure. The ratio is a fickle mistress

Quote Originally Posted by merocaine View Post
    Having an issue with the Alt Tab thing, the game and my desktop are both set to a resolution of 1920x1200
    but the border-less mode doesn't seem to be working? Am I missing something?
    What's the problem exactly?

Tiro

So if it is hardcoded thing... sign.. now my faction heir does not have a son..when he will die then the line will shift to one of his brothers... is there no other way to get more children
    I mean like a trait of something.... just to up the chances and where are the list/guide of the stainless steel traits and ancillaries ? if i got it in a pdf format it would be useful...

Last edited by neha123; August 06, 2010 at 05:39 AM.

Traits wont help in the face of the ratio.

Hi all. I've got problem with crushing game during NPC's tours. I've ended 51st tour and when Kwazermian's tour takes place the game crushes with: Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. I've clear SS 6.3 instalation, M2:TW 1.3 and Kingdoms v1.5. Anyone knows solution?
    Last edited by Rikart_PL; August 06, 2010 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikart_PL View Post
    Hi all. I've got problem with crushing game during NPC's tours. I've ended 51st tour and when Kwazermian's tour takes place the game crushes with: Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. I've clear SS 6.3 instalation, M2:TW 1.3 and Kingdoms v1.5. Anyone knows solution?
    Look here
    Repetitive CTD at turn 51

Thanks a lot

Not sure. The ratio is a fickle mistress

What's the problem exactly?
    Alt Tab doesn't work, which is strange cause it still does in rr/rc!

Tiro

Now i have 9 generals and 15 provinces but still my faction heir wont have a child.. In case you are planning to make a patch please keep this topic in mind that if there are not enough family members then how can the faction continue to exist and plus i wish there was a button that would force generals to produce more babies like or get them married according to our will... is there no feature in Medieval 2 Total War that would allow us to make children i.e to get generals married .. at least if not possible then to make sure that the faction heir has a child so the royal bloodline continues..

One more thing.. in stainless steel 6.2 RR/RC if you get you faction heir married to another faction's princess then the children have a chance of getting traits like Leonese relations which would give you something like increased piety or something... why is that feature disabled here....

Traits wont help in the face of the ratio.

preachercheeze's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by neha123 View Post
    i wish there was a button that would force generals to produce more babies
    clitoris

well, If I am to be serious... I usually edit the number of kids a family can have, from four to three... that way an early baby boom without the expansion of the kingdom is OK... If you get to many children early on and don't expand your kingdom you WILL stop having children... open descr_campaign_dp in the /data folder (MAKE A BACKUP!!!) and go to line 69 through 87... here you can change the numer of children, when children is of age, maximum age before generals croak, when daughters can't marry anymore und so weiter...

I usually go for the max 3 kids and sometimes I lower the max age... therefore you will have a good birth/death ratio for a good turtle campaign...

Hello -- there seems to be an event problem on my 6.3 campaign. I am playing an early campaign as England. I tried a fresh new install of MTW2, then Kingdoms, then 6.3 and the problem persisted. Events such as death & princesses coming of age still appear, but no historical events, troubadors, or others from the descr_events file. I am using Windows Vista. Love 6.3 otherwise -- great work!!

Alex