Please report only non-CTD bug's in this topic, such as typos or graphical errors.
If you have a CTD (crash to desktop) problem, create a new thread in this sub-forum.
Information to include:
- when is the CTD happening (turn number, who's turn, which era)
- which additional setup features did you install (your campaign options like AI etc)
- attach your zipped/rared system.log (can be found in start menu -> stainless steel -> error log)
- attach your campaign script (found in SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign)
- optionally you can attach the save game file.
- Banners for lithuania, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, norway, kwarezm, slave are messed up. edit: and timurids.
For now, apply fix by Caesar Clivus, copy the files in descr_sm_factions.rar to your SS6.3\data folder - EARLY descr_sm_factions.txt for early era, LATE descr_sm_factions.txt for late era. After that, delete the present descr_sm_factions.txt and rename the EARLY descr_sm_factions.txt to descr_sm_factions.txt. After that download banner_fix_symbols7.tga.rar and place symbols7.tga.dds in \SS6.3\data\banners
- "Create process failed; code 14001.
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstaling the application may fix this problem."
Install this 1mb package, with run-time c++ libraries: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
After you've done that, make sure to go to Stainless Steel start menu group, and run setup.
- I'm getting a CTD at turn 51!
These files are fully save-game compatible, and can be always used regardless of setup features.
(it seems that while copying some names i accidentally removed of bulgaria surename -.-).
http://www.filefront.com/17172520/data.rar (extract to SS folder\data and press YES to overwrite)
- I'm playing bgr and i get a ctd on scoutage tax (when pressing ?)
- My gui icons went weird and then it crashed!
Sadly, that will be fixed in near future. You have to reload, the crash won't repeat until some gui buffer gets bad again.
So if you get weird icons on your gui, save and reload (maybe even restart SS).
- Crash on battle start or on battle end, BUT not in middle of battle.
Thats probably because of the BAI we are using. It's great, but crashes can happen. I will consult germanicu5, the author, about the issue and hopefully we will be able to come back with some sort of a fix.
The crash occurs due to some enigne bugs preventing some events to fire.
Mandatory bugfixes for 6.3 are available with additional content/corrections from here as a installer or here for manual application. Only use the manual method if you have good reason to.
It is recommended to upgrade to 6.4.