Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

Is it an official version?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruda_STR View Post
    but it have a same problem.....
    Browse into the folder where you downloaded the files and select SS6.3-1.bin
    The installation should then continue. When asked next, browse and select SS6.3-2.bin.
    Make sure that you downloaded all files.

I try to redownload exe now it can use

thx 4 help

i'm not trying to be a pain in the ass. and yes i can use search function, lol. but before i download 6.3 i've read you can choose your cai (awesome) would it be possible for someone with the intricate knoweledge on these cai's to begin a thread that compares them, bullets points, or something in one spot. especially as how they relate to new ss. i would appreciate it, and it would probaly clear out alot of repeat questions. (then again some scmucks will still ask instead of seaching, or reading sticky titles). my problem is retaining info on several cai's from thread to thread and then implementing said info in an informed deciscion. and once again all you modders rule!
    can't wait for LAST KINGDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Hereje View Post
    Is it an official version?
    Yes. What makes you think otherwise?

Belong to Ceasar, may I should delete SS folder (old version) only or use uninstall tool (like Revo Uninstaller) to uninstall SS 6.1?
    And may I need to turn off UAC before installing SS 6.3?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by assassin14 View Post
    Belong to Ceasar, may I should delete SS folder (old version) only or use uninstall tool (like Revo Uninstaller) to uninstall SS 6.1?
    Yes turn off UAC. As I found out after I installed 6.3, you dont need to uninstall 6.1 or 6.2 beforehand if you dont want to as 6.3 installs into a different folder.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Awesome, now only a couple of hours until everything is downloaded and I can play.
    Many thanks to the SS 6.3 team especially Gracul and CC for being such a patient moderator

Quote Originally Posted by assassin14 View Post
    There is no need to uninstall your 6.x versions as long as you don't install 6.3 on top of them you can keep them both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Yes turn off UAC. As I found out after I installed 6.3, you dont need to uninstall 6.1 or 6.2 beforehand if you dont want to as 6.3 installs into a different folder.
    The betaversion performed well without even beeing installed in the modfolder as long as it was installed on the same drive as M2TW.
    Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    F.A.Q
    (Frequently Asked Questions)

Q: My MTW2 is installed on a different drive then SS, do i have to reinstall.
    A: Due to SS's nature, you can just move its folder around/change its name as you wish, so just move SS to the right disk. You'll have to manually take care of the start menu and desktop icons though.

Q: Can i install this on top of my SS6.2?
    A: Due to the nature of 6.3, yes you can. Why? Because 6.3 will simply overwrite all the files anyway

This is a reason enough to make me install M2TW after a format on my computer.Good job everyone!

It's going to be 2 hours per part . Fortunately I can play my Clear Sky in the meantime .
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

wow.... been waiting for more than a year for this! thanks gracul and to the rest of the team.

Damn it. I have free membership on megaupload but all that's done is shaved 20 seconds off my wait time; not that it makes a jot of difference to me because I can only seem to download one part at a time as I've exceeded my download limit? Which I don't understand as my connection is unlimited...

Any help?

Also, just confirm that I DON'T need to "backup" my old SS files as 6.3 will install to a different directory by default?

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    Also, just confirm that I DON'T need to "backup" my old SS files as 6.3 will install to a different directory by default?
    That is correct

Congrats on an excelent mod.....
    One question though does 12tpy script work on this??...i dont like short campaigns.

Damn it. I have free membership on megaupload but all that's done is shaved 20 seconds off my wait time; not that it makes a jot of difference to me because I can only seem to download one part at a time as I've exceeded my download limit? Which I don't understand as my connection is unlimited...
    If you're not a paying megaupload member u have a limit of what u can download per 24 hours

You can only download one part at a time which is a restriction on there end and none on your side. Your connection doesn't affect this - they just allow only one download to you.
    Until the mirrors are up thats all there is. Imho a free membership isn't worth the time registering.

Quote Originally Posted by W4SPY View Post
    Congrats on an excelent mod.....
    One question though does 12tpy script work on this??...i dont like short campaigns.
    Without testing I'd suspect that if you put it into the campaign script it'd work but you'd have to delete the ageing script already there. But dont forget that things like building times, population growth, the economy and trait progression is designed for 1tpy. As always though, make a backup first

Quote Originally Posted by UndoX View Post
    If you're not a paying megaupload member u have a limit of what u can download per 24 hours
    That limit is pretty large - it should be possible to download the whole 6.3 unless someone else has already downloaded with your ip.
    I think the limit is in the ball park of 4gb or more as I've only managed to reach it using high speed connections.

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Bugged i cant download, it says im dl but i aint... Torrentz are so much easyer...
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

: