Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2104

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by 0N3 View Post
    This brings out another question... Why have the team decided to make movement points so horribly unrealistic?
    Movement points in TW games has always been unrealistic. Moreso since RTW.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Knight_of_Ni's Avatar Centenarius
    Wouldn't YOU like to know? No, really, I'm lonely.

Meh, I'm confused by the installation.

Every time I get to the actual installation part (I'm using the links from Cappone), it says "Can't create file C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Uninstall Stainless Steel ver 6.3 part 1"

I have the gold edition so I think I have all of the installation requirements filled, don't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar109 View Post
    ...Though I'm still trying to figure out how a show that dives down into the subjects of genocide and racism ... landed next to Spongebob.

Try installing it in another folder. SS6.3 only needs to be installed on the same drive.
    If the problems persists you might have to pm Cappone - I can only help with the non-alternative installer.

To everyone posting suggestions here: There is a suggestions topic and I moved your posts there.

Knight_of_Ni's Avatar Centenarius
    Wouldn't YOU like to know? No, really, I'm lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Try installing it in another folder. SS6.3 only needs to be installed on the same drive.
    If the problems persists you might have to pm Cappone - I can only help with the non-alternative installer.
    I'm not sure if I have all of the patch requirements though. I did install the Gold version, but whenever I go to the options menu on the vanilla M2TW (to see which version it is) it says version 1.02. And when I go to an expansion option's menu, for example the Teutonic expansion, it says 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar109 View Post
    ...Though I'm still trying to figure out how a show that dives down into the subjects of genocide and racism ... landed next to Spongebob.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_of_Ni View Post
    I'm not sure if I have all of the patch requirements though. I did install the Gold version, but whenever I go to the options menu on the vanilla M2TW (to see which version it is) it says version 1.02. And when I go to an expansion option's menu, for example the Teutonic expansion, it says 1.4.
    Gold version is 1.04, last patch is 1.05. Patching can't hurt but
    Q:Which MTW2 patches do I need?
    A: SS6.3 runs on any version of kingdoms expansion. So a kingdoms install out-of-the-box is as good as the 1.5 patch.

On second thought with kingdoms installed your medieval version number should be 1.03. Patch just to be safe.

hi , i am a big newbie here

so this might sound really strange

however.....

i installed the mods successfully and everything is fine , but i when click on "late era campaign"

i get this message "please select an item from the list"

i just did !!

I can't seem to be able to recruit "pavise crossbow militia" anywhere and in no building when playing as a faction that can use them in the costume battle game. Can they be recruited when playing the main campaign?
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Quote Originally Posted by DioD2 View Post
    I can't seem to be able to recruit "pavise crossbow militia" anywhere and in no building when playing as a faction that can use them in the costume battle game. Can they be recruited when playing the main campaign?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogolometro View Post
    Pavise the the strongest spear militia from game. So, dont say you not like them. In 1300, you will access pavise crossbows and handgunners. The strongest militia combo ever.
    In a Fortress, with necesary buildings maded you can access normand knights, muslim archers and sargent spears. In north Africa will get latumna spears, gernadine jinittes, desert archers and so on.
    There is a topic named Question about units [Campaign]
    I'd much prefer it if you could ask there - basicly you would already have your answer from that topic

If i take off RR will it take out RC? Thanks for all the help guys, been going at it with this mod realy enjoying it
    Last edited by 1in1class; August 23, 2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: need

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by 1in1class View Post
    If i take off RR will it take out RC? Thanks for all the help guys, been going at it with this mod realy enjoying it
    If you take off rr, you will not get to use some units. It's bugged.

If i take off RR will it take out RC?
    No it wont. They are two separate things.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    If you take off rr, you will not get to use some units. It's bugged.
    Ahh thats not good. By taking off RR i can keep some units like the Feudal Knights through out the game, but i dont get to recruit some units. Lol yha i would say thats an big bug. Just would like to keep them Feudal Knights.

@Caesar Clivus

Thanks for the tip
    Last edited by 1in1class; August 23, 2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: need

Thanks for the tip
    Btw you don't need to put a reason down if you want to change your post. Just change it and leave that reason field blank.

Rokiniz's Avatar Civis

I would like to ask : Why did the banners of lithuania in the campaing was changed from "Vytis" to some kind of red cross. the other one was way more better than this .
    Long Live Lithuania( Grand Duchy Lithuania )

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Rokiniz View Post
    I would like to ask : Why did the banners of lithuania in the campaing was changed from "Vytis" to some kind of red cross. the other one was way more better than this .
    That's a bug. A few flag-symbols got mixed up.
    Download the Fix pack in my Compendium, or download my Compilation, which includes the fixes.
    Links are in my signature.

Rokiniz's Avatar Civis

thanks man, i realy want to pay authentic. cuz with the cross its noobish. so

thanks again man
    Long Live Lithuania( Grand Duchy Lithuania )

Quote Originally Posted by Rokiniz View Post
    thanks man, i realy want to pay authentic. cuz with the cross its noobish.
    If it's a bug, it's not noobish (i.e. an honest mistake)

hey guys stuggling a bit here really....

played SS a while ago and now ive come back!
    just installed M2TW and Kingdoms on steam and now im trying to get SS again.

however the torrent doesnt seem to work, i've downloaded the three .exe files and the second one just doesnt work either "this file contains invalid data" (without specifying exactly whats wrong, so goodjob on that one......) and now im trying to get the ones off megaupload whilst battling with their nasty speeds and the 400000 files i need to get.

Does anyone have a link to a decent torrent i can get so i dont have to trawl through 400 tonnes of time consuming blandness?

would really appreciate it.
    Thanks alot!
    yaco