Page 26 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

the link worked for me, so itīs up to you

to all of you:
    uploaded so far:

torrent: 393.77GB
    http: 553.40GB

but now i have to do some updates and reboot some services. links will not work for this time. pls dont be angry. they will come back
    Last edited by manticore87; August 05, 2010 at 01:57 PM.

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Right, I've managed to get parts 1 and 2, but apparently I've exceeded my daily download limit on Megaupload. Fantastic! Looks like I won't be playing SS 6.3 for several days at this rate.

Are there any other mirrors available, other than torrents (BT limits torrent speeds apparently)?

Hey, what happened to captains? They are useless now. I've had to quit 2 of my campaigns because I would send a full army without a general (because I need a general in every place to build properly now) to seige a place, but within 2 turns they normally turn rebel now. What happened? In 6.2 they never turned rebel. Now it's almost impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    You expect to use Assassins and NOT be considered a dreadful leader?
    It's all about honor, and stabbing someone in the dark without giving them a fair chance to fight back is about as nasty as it gets.
    Assassins = Dread. The end.
    "Lost all hope in humanity" count: 7

Hey, what happened to captains? They are useless now. I've had to quit 2 of my campaigns because I would send a full army without a general (because I need a general in every place to build properly now) to seige a place, but within 2 turns they normally turn rebel now. What happened? In 6.2 they never turned rebel. Now it's almost impossible.
    This is dissapointing since the AI usualy don't group units together into one stack... I can smell alot of rebels roaming around.

Playing as Mongol and it is very hard to command them in the battle map because their cavalry's unit card DOES NOT SHOW THE HORSE.

This is seriously degrading my performance on the battlefield since my style of command is to properly group unit's card and look at them to click, not clicking on the actual unit, now I have to use pause to command them.

What happened to the RR/RC July 1 patch's Mongol cavalry's unit card?

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
    Right, I've managed to get parts 1 and 2, but apparently I've exceeded my daily download limit on Megaupload. Fantastic! Looks like I won't be playing SS 6.3 for several days at this rate.

Are there any other mirrors available, other than torrents (BT limits torrent speeds apparently)?
    It was uploaded to file front in 10 parts i believe. Search this thread for that.
    Also you can make a free account takes 5 minutes and you can download faster,resume, and no limits

Quote Originally Posted by WillTheOnly View Post
    I've had to quit 2 of my campaigns because I would send a full army without a general (because I need a general in every place to build properly now)
    Sounds to me like you activated limited activities. I'd suggest deactivating. Not directly aimed at your problem but you don't seem please with "I need a general in every place to build properly now", too.

updates done
    download links will now work again

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Sounds to me like you activated limited activities. I'd suggest deactivating. Not directly aimed at your problem but you don't seem please with "I need a general in every place to build properly now", too.
    No, I'm pleased with having to put generals in every place because I always do that anyways, but I miss reliable captains to do my bidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    You expect to use Assassins and NOT be considered a dreadful leader?
    It's all about honor, and stabbing someone in the dark without giving them a fair chance to fight back is about as nasty as it gets.
    Assassins = Dread. The end.
    "Lost all hope in humanity" count: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    It was uploaded to file front in 10 parts i believe. Search this thread for that.
    Also you can make a free account takes 5 minutes and you can download faster,resume, and no limits
    I have a free account, and it still capped me after parts 1 and 2. I'll have a look for the FileFront links, but it really would be nice just to have the complete mod in one installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
    I have a free account, and it still capped me after parts 1 and 2. I'll have a look for the FileFront links, but it really would be nice just to have the complete mod in one installer.
    Where, pray, would we find a hoster for a 2,5gb file? There is a limit on free & easy Besides we even have a http mirror now (check the first page again) ... just had to powercycle due to updates. So what more can we want?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindahl View Post
    In your M2TW folder under mods/SS6.3 there is a file called SS_setup, where you can set up the settings for a new game. The normal launcher can only manage One current gamesetting at a time... So everytime you need to change something, like you want to play a late era campaign you have to do it that way... I think it is because otherwise it would crash, like it did in the previous versions when you changed from late to eary campaign...

Thanks for the help. I also ticked perm arrows and its killing my weak system. Any way of turning this off without having to restart my campaign?

about unit size? 243 is maximum?
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Quote Originally Posted by soulson View Post
    Thanks for the help. I also ticked perm arrows and its killing my weak system. Any way of turning this off without having to restart my campaign?
    Should work. Just select everything else the same.

I want to remove permanent arrows without having to restart.

Quote Originally Posted by soulson View Post
    I want to remove permanent arrows without having to restart.
    And I said it should work. Start the setup, same options except perm arrows, load your save.

so you now have less factions then in 6.2?, no thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh01275 View Post
    so you now have less factions then in 6.2?, no thanks
    There's exactly as many factions. Ireland was removed, the Timurids were re-added.

After downloading the 10 part FileFront version (9 files and 1 exe) into a folder, I attempted to run the installation, and received the following error:

"The file SS6.3-1.bin could not be located in [folder name]."

The files are all present in this folder, but they are named in a different format (SS6.3-1.zip.001), would this be why I am receiving the aforementioned error? Do I need to do something else?

Damn, I don't remember SS 6.1 every being this difficult to install!

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    There's exactly as many factions. Ireland was removed, the Timurids were re-added.
    ok, still 2 open faction slots!? add sweeden and take a few units off other factions to be-able to give them uniqe units.
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery