Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfool View Post
    So let me see if I got this right. I can just create a "new folder" on my desktop, &, dump all the files there, then run the installer, and, select the default medieval2/mods/ss6.3 directory.
    Yes.

Also does this mean ss6.3 is moded? I know the folks have been talking about deleting previous SS versions, however, if it is moded I don't need to delete my 6.2rr/rc right?; OK now I am really going to sleep .

Yes it is modfoldered and yes you can keep your current RR/RC installation.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Hey I never used a torrent and I dont have a megaupload account.So can someone please upload it to Filefront?

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Yup, thats the "too many people out of your area on the server" message.
    I still got no message so all there is is to check back later. Worst case you can download it in the happy hour - faq should tell you when it starts if that becomes necessary.
    Things seem to be downloading OK now.

Thanks for the info.

Balla
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteriscoolz View Post
    Hey I never used a torrent and I dont have a megaupload account.So can someone please upload it to Filefront?

You dont need a megaupload account to download it. And anyway, it only takes 5 seconds to sign up and it's free if you really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteriscoolz View Post
    You live to learn. As CC says
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post

You dont need a megaupload account to download it. And anyway, it only takes 5 seconds to sign up and it's free if you really want to.
    so just click the link, wait 45s, enter the letters, press download, presto. Wait until finished, repeat the next part. Really, why do you assume we would upload it anywhere where you need to register or to pay to download? No account is needed, you only need one if you want to download more then 1 file at a the same time.

thanks fellas, but if i have stainless steel 6.2 with the RR/RC add-on, should i still be fine to install over? I hope so. Its a pain installing over again from scratch.

Haršurāšaz's Avatar Senator

Holy nice!

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR MEGAUPLOAD? Gah. My brain hurts now.

I just tried to make a FREE account. I just found out I had already made an account. Not having an account is the reason for over 20+ downloads failing and 24+ hours of wasted time.

*Facepalm, facepalm, facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by smartspick View Post
    thanks fellas, but if i have stainless steel 6.2 with the RR/RC add-on, should i still be fine to install over? I hope so. Its a pain installing over again from scratch.
    Please read the first post. Or even the post on the top of this page. Hell I think that's been answered on every page so far this thread...

Forgive my indolence great Caesar.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by smartspick View Post
    dont even install over it. install it separate then u can keep your RR/RC stuff.

thanks! I noticed it is installing in a separate folder ss6.3 rather than the stainless steel mod folder i have rc/rr on. Awesome.

Update on 12tpy script by Green Eyed Devil.....managed to get it working correctly now,it was just a little fiddling with the script,but it all works great.
    I'm only using the base script though because i think if i try the other scripts it will break it.

Now 6.3 is extra fantastic

At level of difficulty is this mod balanced for?

I did a forum search and had the same problem as "Ruda-Str" on page 5-6. I have the problem where it is asking for a disk and i did what Bane-Tw said to do and i browsed for the 6.3 part 1 binary file in my 'downloads' folder. The only problem is that the downloads folder won't open and i cannot select the necessary binary files. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Spanish Musketeers and Spanish Arquebusiers for the faction of Portugal!!!
    I really, really don“t understand this sad joke...
    Not saying this as a Portuguese but things like that remember me the vanilla version!
    Greetings from Porto!

Very nice work. Dl it now, where do i put all the file parts at? Do i just dl the 1 to 6 files and put them in the SS folder then run the installer? Just dont know where to put them files at.
    Last edited by 1in1class; August 03, 2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: need

Put them anywhere you want. Just make sure they're all in the same directory.

k, thank ya. Ill give it an try.

I think with the release of my favorite Total War mod's update it's time I finally made a profile for the forums.

Massive kudos to the entire team, and my eternal thanks for keeping me hooked on Medieval II for many years to come! 31.1% on the torrent.
    "Dost thou question my word, Sir Knight? And wilt thou then come down and put thy doubt to the test? Or is it perhaps that thou wouldst prefer to cringe doglike behind thy parapet and yap at thy betters?" - Mandorallen