Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

Downloading torrent now, will help seed for a week or so unless something arises requiring security locks. Mahoosive congratulations, by the way, Gracul, and all others who helped with this. Was thinking about upgrading my SS to 6.2, recently, and now this has arrived, even better. So, yus, my thanks guys.

Edit - 2.5 Gig in 1 hour, should be up and running in no time. Time for me to start myself a new AAR, I think.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Quote Originally Posted by manticore87 View Post
    I donīt play this mod, but will help you
    Seeding with 6-7MB/s, up to 10
    Uploaded 2.9 TB
    Share ratio67.751
    Amazing numbers manticore, thanks for helping us out - and thanks for seeding SS 6.1 as well

Hi everyone,

i have installed Stainless Steel 6.2 and Real Recruitment+Real Combat Compilation Mod for STAINLESS STEEL, APRIL+ the last one patch realised in June.
    Can i download and just install Stainless Steel 6.3 over all it?!
    I am waiting for the answer...thank you

Downloaded everything at maximum speed of 770 Kb per secfrom Megaupload without problem in 2 hours, gotta installing and trying it! Thanks Gracul and all the Team!

Ok after an eternity of work, many lives lost and clones created in the procsess, global warming happening and destroying the moon, and monkeys becoming the dominating race on the planet, while hurtling towards the sun I give you to you to make SS 6.3 work.

Give all the rep you possibly can to EXAS for figuring out the solution, which was really obvious, since I hadn't palyed m2tw I even forgot the aprt of thsi workaorund, chaning the command line you put in the steam settings /facepalm, seriously even if it kills you, give tons of rep to MEXAS, so here it is, my original fix with Mexas' amazing work that somehow I didn't realsie I had to do:

Try...

1. In the m2tw folder you should see 3 exes. "m2.exe", "kingdoms.exe" and "launcher.exe"
    2. Create a folder called "backup" and place the "launcher.exe" in that
    3. Rename the "kingdoms.exe" to "launcher.exe"
    4. Now go to your "Steam Games" list and right click kingdoms, select "properties" and then "set launch options"
    5. In the box that appears paste the bit you copied(in SS 6.3 case it will be @mods\SS6.3\default.cfg)
    6. As long as you always launch from kingdoms in steam and not the SS 6.3 shortcut it should work.

To play vanilla kingdoms again take away the launch line and rename "launcher.exe" back to "kingdoms.exe" and put the "launcher.exe" back in the main folder.

+rep to norsca for original fix.

+2x more rep gain to MEXAS for being so amazingly awesome =P

EDIT: News just in, apparently you don't get the full 6.3 experience by bypassing the ss6.3 exe, but untill I get it installed and tinekr with it the above will ahve to be a temporary workaround.
    EDIT 2: Gord says because the cfg file references the BAI swapper, its fine, but need someone who knows this stuff to confirm

Kind Regards
    Will
    Last edited by NoMercy88; August 18, 2010 at 04:14 AM.
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

preachercheeze's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Yup, thats basicly what I expected. Lets see how it works out over the week.
    11 seeder(s), 53 leecher(s) = 64 peer(s) total
    I am feeling that if I shut uTorrent down, all leechers will burn my house down...

Uploaded 2.9 TB
    Share ratio67.751
    Amazing numbers manticore, thanks for helping us out - and thanks for seeding SS 6.1 as well
    ain't the share ration 6.993 in that pic?

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho_Villa View Post
    Hi everyone,

i have installed Stainless Steel 6.2 and Real Recruitment+Real Combat Compilation Mod for STAINLESS STEEL, APRIL+ the last one patch realised in June.
    Can i download and just install Stainless Steel 6.3 over all it?!
    I am waiting for the answer...thank you
    Sigh.. I feel so bad for you! 6.3 is a Standalone Installation, do NOT install it over anything! Just intall it in your mods folder ALONE. Do not put it over 6.2 or anything else! that would be bad. 6.3 works as a standalone installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    Sigh.. I feel so bad for you! 6.3 is a Standalone Installation, do NOT install it over anything! Just intall it in your mods folder ALONE. Do not put it over 6.2 or anything else! that would be bad. 6.3 works as a standalone installer.
    don't be so hard on him... he might be illiteral....

@Panch Villa: just kidding... installation instructions is on the first post of this thread...

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Downloading the SS 6.3 torrent. Great work on the release and <3 to the team.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

wow great mod! does anyone else find the battle graphics are crisper?

also, anyone notice that every unit now has a captain? that great.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMercy88 View Post
    Ok after an eternity of work, many lives lost and clones created in the procsess, global warming happening and destroying the moon, and monkeys becoming the dominating race on the planet, while hurtling towards the sun I give you to you to make SS 6.3 work.

Give all the rep you possibly can to EXAS for figuring out the solution, which was really obvious, since I hadn't palyed m2tw I even forgot the aprt of thsi workaorund, chaning the command line you put in the steam settings /facepalm, seriously even if it kills you, give tons of rep to MEXAS, so here it is, my original fix with Mexas' amazing work that somehow I didn't realsie I had to do:

Try...

1. In the m2tw folder you should see 3 exes. "m2.exe", "kingdoms.exe" and "launcher.exe"
    2. Create a folder called "backup" and place the "launcher.exe" in that
    3. Rename the "kingdoms.exe" to "launcher.exe"
    4. Now go to the mod that you installed(I'll use SS in this case) and find the ".bat" file(icon should be a gear thingy) and open that.
    5. Copy this bit(the last bit will be different to TATW but should be similiar)
    6. @mods\Stainless_Steel_6\Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.cfg
    7. Now go to your "Steam Games" list and right click kingdoms, select "properties" and then "set launch options"
    8. In the box that appears paste the bit you copied(in SS case it will be Try...
    9. In the m2tw folder you should see 3 exes. "m2.exe", "kingdoms.exe" and "launcher.exe"
    10. Create a folder called "backup" and place the "launcher.exe" in that
    11. Rename the "kingdoms.exe" to "launcher.exe"
    12. Now go to the mod that you installed(I'll use SS in this case) and find the ".bat" file(icon should be a gear thingy) and open that.
    13. Copy this bit(the last bit will be different to TATW but should be similiar)
    14. @mods\SS6.3\default.cfg
    15. Now go to your "Steam Games" list and right click kingdoms, select "properties" and then "set launch options"
    16. In the box that appears paste the bit you copied(in SS case it will be @mods\SS6.3\default.cfg)
      Now save that and go back to your games list, click on kingdoms then launch, it should bypass the launcher and take you straight to the mod.

To play vanilla kingdoms again take away the launch line and rename "launcher.exe" back to "kingdoms.exe" and put the "launcher.exe" back in the main folder.

+rep to norsca for original fix.

+2x more rep gain to MEXAS for being so amazingly awesome =P

Kind Regards
    Will
    If I'm reading your instructions correctly then your not referincing the updated launcher (the one in the 6.3 folder).
    Afaik not using that will disable some of the new features like the built-in G5 idea - battle ai swapper. Gracul will have more info on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by preachercheeze View Post
    I am feeling that if I shut uTorrent down, all leechers will burn my house down...
    At least you don't get killed if the md5 hashcheck fails (No worries - I checked first. Honest.)
    ain't the share ration 6.993 in that pic?
    Quite possible - I quoted his global stats. Btw the torrent is now #1 in popularity.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Apologies in advance if this was already posted as the thread is only two days long and already in double digits (pages). My question is what will happen to Point Blank's BETA RR/RC for 6.2 that is in its final beta stage. Is it included in 6.3? or will it simply be abandoned now that 6.3 is out?

At least you don't get killed if the md5 hashcheck fails (No worries - I checked first. Honest.)
    <=== that would be you if that weren't the case...

Quite possible - I quoted his global stats. Btw the torrent is now #1 in popularity.
    wow! that's great!!!

I have to shut down the comp tonight (in about an hour or so) but I will start it up again in the morning (in about 11 hours or so)

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfool View Post
    Apologies in advance if this was already posted as the thread is only two days long and already in double digits (pages). My question is what will happen to Point Blank's BETA RR/RC for 6.2 that is in its final beta stage. Is it included in 6.3? or will it simply be abandoned now that 6.3 is out?
    check the first page... info there...

I know you won't be able to have the full package, but atleast for now you can actually play it, till his greatness MEXAS (in collaboration with his lowly slaves me and gord =P) find a way to get it to work with the new launcher, just use this for now, unless you want to wait for an even better experience (we may be in the sun by then, so sooner the better).

Also there's a torrent! (click amdly around till his mouse dies).

If i get 6.3 installed i'll tinker myself to try and get it to work.

EDIT:
    K, downlaoding torrent now, for all that is Stainless Steel please seed it

Kind Regards
    Will
    Last edited by NoMercy88; August 04, 2010 at 05:41 AM.
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

Epzilon's Avatar Libertus

I find it funny, because this is one of the few times people use torrent to spread legitimate data.

Quote Originally Posted by Epzilon View Post
    I find it funny, because this is one of the few times people use torrent to spread legitimate data.
    Actually our kind trackersite http://www.gameupdates.org/ is full of those. You have a point there of course - same could be said for any hoster like megaupload

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

check the first page... info there...
    What!...do you take me for a 6 year old kid!

More specifically which RR/RC does 6.3 use? the current? or the almost tested BETA that PB is still working on & as of this post hasn't yet released officially.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

A very nice surprise to see this.

A very big well done & thank you to all involved.

I am currently downloading.

Is anyone else getting file not available on Part 1 from Megaupload?

Balla.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.