Carpi/Costoboci/Bastarnae/Proto-Slavs/Iazyges (later known as Brodnici) could fill that gap indeed!
Oh yes I also forgot about the Triballoi! I better make a list!
1) Carpi/Costoboci/Bastarnae/Proto-Slavs/Iazyges/Roxolani (later known as Brodnici)
2) Triballoi or Odrysae
3) Autariatae, Ardiaioi (Ardiaei) or Dardani
4) Scordisci or Serdi/Tylis
5) Caucasian Iberia
6) Media Atropatene
9) Norici (Pannoni+Taurisci)
Excluded: Bithynia, Massalia, Cyrene, Massaesyli, Mauryans, Scythia etc.
Edit: By the way is Arevaci confirmed?
The Celts had a dominant culture, but if spoil 2 faction slots only to Gauls, its a waste.
Visarion proposed the Norici, i thinks its a great idea.
i totally agree with you about the Hellenic factions.
2) Thracians? I like them, they should add them
3) Another Thracian folk? Mwah...
4) Tylis? again in Thrace?
5) A very good idea
7) Only the thoughest Players can survive with Nabateea, think how fast Ptolemaic Egypt and the Seleucids they attack them
8) A independent Syracuse? Is that worth it? I think Syracuse should be part of some Greek federation with Corinth.
9) Could be a idea for another Celtic faction. Their position is ideal, and they could replace Arveni.
My new list, with Historical Arguments( Yes Mediolanicus)
1. Fenni (, a Balkan tribe, with onknown ancesteros (Germanic, Fin-Ugrish, maybe Sarmatian, maybe Balto-slavic)Fills the Gap that was in EB1)
2. Norici (nice position, Halstatt Period culture (so lots of information)
3. Wielbark Goths (yes around 500 BC)
4. Belgae (historical significant (known as the Bravest and thoughest of all Gauls)(Germanic Ancestors and dominant Culture, so much information)
5. Picts or Caledonii replace the Pritanoi
Fenni Balkan tribe? I must have dazzled you with all my Balkan propositions! You mean Baltic right? By the way I was only suggesting Bastarnae with some Dacian and Sarmatian AOR!
I would sure like to see a battle between Bastarnae and Dardani!
Edit 1) My wishlist is:
Edit 2) Reasons:
Scordisci - we already have Boii
Odrysi and Tribaloi were invaded by Autariatae, Scordisci and Serdi
Autariatae and other Illyrians allied in many occasions with the stronger Dardani
Arevaci, Media Atropatene or Caucasian Iberia, Nabateea or Syracuse are still in!
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
i think two celtic factions is good in gaul cause it represent the fact that there was no unity in gaul, even if they trade with each other they weren't united (at least that's what we learnt in school when we were young)
2) odrysae dosen't match the EB 2 era
3) again unsignificant, and directly close to the epirote's
4) i don't think they were significant enough to be a faction + with another tracian faction will be rendered useless
5) with the already existing iberia faction + atropatene, would prevent any rise of one iberia faction, and it's always best to keep all factions the longuest according to me
6) sounds good
7) i lack knowledge in those
8) a city state like syracuse should'nt be a faction, and should not be related to the koinon hellenon's faction cause they were involved in the carthaginian/roman conflict
9)i don't agree, there's already a faction here, + the taurisci were peaceful and weak, so not relevant as a faction
agree... except 3) Dardani were not at all insignificant!
so I propose a new list:
4) Media Atropatene or Caucasian Iberia
5) Noricum, Syracuse, Nabateea or Belgae
ok for dardani,
i was also wondering if there could be a system of events (like in europa universalis 2), considering the small scripts in EB i guess the game RTW wasn't made for such scripts, maybe it's different in MTW2, i didn't played MTW2 much so i don't know.
2, 4 and your various comments on Gaul. Gaul is an area. The people are Celts. Arverni and Aedui do not represent Gaul, they represent Celtic confederacies, like the Norici, Helvetii, Remi, etc...
3. Can you give me a source on that. I still believe the Goths as a significant culture, even in gotland, is just after the Eb time frame
5. Picts.. few centuries too early; Caledonia is also the name of an area. And Caledonii just the name for the confederation of different tribes that came together to fight against the Romans.
And this is a fine example of what I mean by being rude to the people who spend hours and hours of historical research and gałe development.
6. What other mods do has never been an arguement for EB. Besides, the Sweboz do not represent a united Germany in any way. Also, for RTW mods, you have to remember the lower faction limit.
7. From what I make up out of the various EB II previews there are possible shifts towards one culture or the other, depending on how the player expands (but I am in no way certain of this). though historically, yes there is a lot of debate on in what group many which tribe fits.
Last edited by Mediolanicus; January 02, 2011 at 08:10 AM.
1. OK its a bit rude, but it are friendly suggestions, not rude orders
2. There are still many Historians who see the Gauls as a unique group, apart from the Celts. Their Culture was Celtic (ofc!) but the people, that still not 100% Certain.
3.Wielbark Culture or Willenberg Culture was an archaeological culture which appeared during the first half of the 1st century AD, and replaced the local Oksywie Culture, a culture which was part of the Przeworsk culture. It is identified with the Goths
5. Bloody Hell.
6. Yes, but that means EB1 did neglect the other Germanic factions
after seeing the territory of the Boii I agree with Wiande about Norici!
@ Valkar: Goths were isignificant at that time, Bastarnae were more important!
@ Valkar: Back then the world was controlled by Greeks and Celts!
@ Valkar: Only after by Romans and later Germans!
Boii are already in.
And it seems we both agree then that anything identifiable with Goths is way out of the EB timeframe.
And even if "Gauls" are to be considered a different category, the Aedui and Arverni do not represent them. They represent the Arverni and Aedui tribal confederacy respectively.
There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)