Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme commander 1 Universe VS 40k on land

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Default Supreme commander 1 Universe VS 40k on land

now we all know that 40k is OP on land and all that but I really think that 40k could kick the shiz out of most of them. for example the UED mech marine has no fear, is three times as big as a normal human, and has a big laser that's at least as big as a sm bolter. and that's yer cheap ass ground unit. so what do you guys think (please dont mention supcom2 I consider it as ruined Empire earth)
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Default Re: Supreme commander 1 Universe VS 40k on land

40K has Tau, which are more or less the same.
    Art //

Supreme commander wins by a curbstomp.

The only way 40k can conceivably win is if they can mission-kill the ACU as soon as he jumps in.

Otherwise, give the ACU an hour and he'll have a self-replenishing army that can cover half the planet. You don't with a universe that has the technology that can interchange mass and energy willy-nilly and on the fly.

Unless the Tau can land one guy on a planet an churn out an exponentially growing organized war machine in a matter of hours, then no, they're not the same. At all.
    Last edited by Mithie; August 02, 2010 at 02:15 PM.

Silo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Except that the Tau don't drop a Scout Titan sized Mech right onto a planet and have a fully operational planetary force aswell as military infrastructure a few hours later.

If we assume that no side has a vast superiority concerning weapon power or armour/shield resistance SupCom would most likely stomp any 40k ground force easily due to the enormous production capabilities that can be created in nearly an instant (concerning a strategic timescale) and relatively near to the frontlines. And even if we assume that 40k weapons are superior (which imo is not the case) SupCom could probably still curbstomp them due to the afformentioned reasons.

Comparing the strength of individual units against each other is imo pretty pointless as we have nearly no actual values concerning weapon power for either universe, hence we are left with comparing unit size which is pretty much equally over the top for both sides concerning the largest units and realtively similar concerning small units with the exception of SupCom not fielding any actual infantry.

well I saw a human next to a supcom unit in a trailer and he was roughly the size of its toe. supcom would only have probs with the tyranids (we heard how big their REAL fleet is) and a new lol huge chaos demon horde.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Quote Originally Posted by Silo View Post
    [COLOR=#666699]
    If we assume that no side has a vast superiority concerning weapon power or armour/shield resistance SupCom would most likely stomp any 40k ground force easily due to the enormous production capabilities that can be created in nearly an instant (concerning a strategic timescale) and relatively near to the frontlines. And even if we assume that 40k weapons are superior (which imo is not the case) SupCom could probably still curbstomp them due to the afformentioned reasons.
    Power levels are on-par with each other.

Sup-com high end has 100 MT nukes (from sup com 2 website) while 40k has ~40 MT cannons on the Warhound titan.

On the low end, sup com has T1 assault bots with shots that can topple trees handily, so 5MJ - 6MJ, which is about the same as an IG auto-cannon.

well I saw a human next to a supcom unit in a trailer and he was roughly the size of its toe. supcom would only have probs with the tyranids (we heard how big their REAL fleet is) and a new lol huge chaos demon horde.
    In a purely ground battle, sup com can out-produce the Tyranids if given a sufficient head start. As long as the Tyranids don't collectively ram the planet into disintegration, theoretically, a sup com ACU should be able to stand his ground indefinitely. Every tyranid death means more mass for the ACU while every tyrannic death means less mass for the hive fleet.There would be no organic matter for the nids to absorb, while the ACU can reclaim all tyrannic remains.
    Last edited by Mithie; August 02, 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithie View Post
    In a purely ground battle, sup com can out-produce the Tyranids if given a sufficient head start. As long as the Tyranids don't collectively ram the planet into disintegration, theoretically, a sup com ACU should be able to stand his ground indefinitely. Every tyranid death means more mass for the ACU while every tyrannic death means less mass for the hive fleet.There would be no organic matter for the nids to absorb, while the ACU can reclaim all tyrannic remains.
    I think it would play out pretty interesting between a sup com and the nids, it would essentially be a race for who can deplete the others mass first. The mass might be recovered by the hive fleet just as likely

Silo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzor View Post
    I think it would play out pretty interesting between a sup com and the nids, it would essentially be a race for who can deplete the others mass first. The mass might be recovered by the hive fleet just as likely
    The problem is that SupCom has effective energy<->mass conversion that allows them to pretty much produce an infinite amount of mass provided enough time...the mass recovered from tyranid corpses is pretty much just a bonus

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

On land this is no contest, Supreme Commander forces would demolish 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzor View Post
    The Tyranids would avoid them like the plauge if they had any sense. Nids can only consume biomass, Supreme Commander armies don't have biomass. Even if the nids happened to win a battle, it would be for nothing.

Only problem SupCom has in 40k, and it's a significant problem, is that they don't have sci-fi standard fare FTL engines. And as far as I know, don't have any massive fleets. They have big ships, but we haven't seen them used in battle and they have no way of practically moving them anywhere not connected to the quantum network.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Silo View Post
    The problem is that SupCom has effective energy<->mass conversion that allows them to pretty much produce an infinite amount of mass provided enough time...the mass recovered from tyranid corpses is pretty much just a bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    On land this is no contest, Supreme Commander forces would demolish 40k.

The Tyranids would avoid them like the plauge if they had any sense. Nids can only consume biomass, Supreme Commander armies don't have biomass. Even if the nids happened to win a battle, it would be for nothing.

Only problem SupCom has in 40k, and it's a significant problem, is that they don't have sci-fi standard fare FTL engines. And as far as I know, don't have any massive fleets. They have big ships, but we haven't seen them used in battle and they have no way of practically moving them anywhere not connected to the quantum network.
    Well, I can hardly call myself an expert in the field anyway But arn't we overlooking the Nids ability to adapt to their foes? Biomass is the single most useful resource in WH40K as it exist on every habitable planet and all speices is made up of it. It they would crush into sup comm space they might just adapt to eating and digesting metal into its needs?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Grasping straws here

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I hate to admit it but Supreme Commander would win in this case - I mean, creating endless army even quicker than Tyranid??
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Oh yeah? Sup Com would win? How about a huge battle fleet in orbit around the planet??Bye, bye ACU....no way that Sup Com would win...no way in hell, since the spaceships in Sup Com are weak when compared to the vessels of 40k....

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    Oh yeah? Sup Com would win? How about a huge battle fleet in orbit around the planet??Bye, bye ACU....no way that Sup Com would win...no way in hell, since the spaceships in Sup Com are weak when compared to the vessels of 40k....
    Someone would probably throw an ACU on one Emperor class battleship and produce millions army from there.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

arent 40k ships a bit slow to meet supcom threats in time? they do have qauntam gates.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

The 40K vessels have FTL....

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Yeah, but does Supreme Commander have magic? Energy-Mass conversion or not. Get a powerful enough collection of Psykers and each can lay waste to an entire army.

Magic is a strength all it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Yeah, but does Supreme Commander have magic? Energy-Mass conversion or not. Get a powerful enough collection of Psykers and each can lay waste to an entire army.

Magic is a strength all it's own.
    Magic is the power of Tzeentch.

Besides, I am pretty sure Mechanicus would happily dump Imperium and join Supreme Commander if they meet eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post

Besides, I am pretty sure Mechanicus would happily dump Imperium and join Supreme Commander if they meet eachother.
    Unlikely, all other tech invented by aliens have been deamed heretic. It would be void of a machine spirit or something

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post

Doesn't matter cause if we doing 40K vs. SupCom. The you have to factor in not only Tzeentch's psyker's but also Slaanesh's, Nurgle's, Imperium's, Eldar's, Ork's, Tyranids', and everybody else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Doesn't matter cause if we doing 40K vs. SupCom. The you have to factor in not only Tzeentch's psyker's but also Slaanesh's, Nurgle's, Imperium's, Eldar's, Ork's, Tyranids', and everybody else's.
    You mean we should form an United Front against Supreme Commander?? I doubt Grant would ever allow his Necron join us.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast