Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assortment of questions

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Default Assortment of questions

Hey,

I'm fresh from EB (Europa Barbarorum), and am expanding into something a little later. I've always had my eye on Invasio Barbarorum, and finally got to install it.

Firstly, I can't seem to be able to play any other campaign other than the 361AD one. How do I get to accessing the other two?

Secondly, is there some kind of ''Unit viewer'' of some sort? I LOVE the diversity of units in the game, being also very historically accurate, but I've noticed a lot are repeated with different skins, or have lenghty names and titles but no information in the text itself.

Thirdly, I've not installed the patch 5 yet, for whatever reason its coming down at 83 k/B per second and will take a while.

Also, congratulations on an excellent mod, it seems very good!

EDIT: Sorry just read the thread bellow explaining how to access the other two campaigns. Also, I noticed the Gupta empire has Britain as a land to acquire, in the picture, but not actually in the list of settlements. A bug?
    Last edited by Knonfoda; August 02, 2010 at 08:36 AM.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Assortment of questions

Thanks Flavius,

I know what a headache it is to point newbies to threads, but I appreciate the help nevertheless. I installed the other two campaigns in the IJ folder (btw, only 6mb?) but now I can't access my original 361ad campaign?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You should still be able too, i dont have IJ myself but you should

Before I had the shortcut on my desktop which took me to the 361 campaign. Then I went in the options folder and installed both the 355 and 365 campaigns. Now, if I click on my desktop shortcut again, it instead takes me to the 365 campaign. Is there nowhere where I can chose which campaign to use?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ask Julianus Heraclius...

Will do, thanks for your help. What i've noticed is that whichever campaign I install is the one the shortcut will take me to, which isn't a problem, I only want to play one campaign at a time, I only thought it was possible to have all three installed and chose from them.

Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    Before I had the shortcut on my desktop which took me to the 361 campaign. Then I went in the options folder and installed both the 355 and 365 campaigns. Now, if I click on my desktop shortcut again, it instead takes me to the 365 campaign. Is there nowhere where I can chose which campaign to use?
    Welcome to our forum! If you want to play the original campaign again, just repeat the steps you took before, you know... just reinstall the 361 camapign and you'll be able to continue to play it. Every time you want to play a different campaign, you'll have to install the one you're interested in. Rest assured you won't lose your campaigns by repeating these steps .

Edit:
    You found the answer without my help and I didn't even notice .

Art by Joar

Yep, thanks for the welcome! I've thoroughly impressed with this mod, its very very good!

Are there any plans to make a trajanic/hadrianic era campaign also? I know there is a mid-third century one in development, but thats about it. Oh, also, I noticed the custom battles don't work, they just redirect me back to the battle list page.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Hi, Knonfoda!

Being redirected back to the battle list page sounds like an install issue. I play custom battles all the time so it shouldn't be a problem. I know IJ is not mod-foldered so you need a clean install of vanilla RTW/BI - if you have any other mod installed it may cause problems. JH will advise better though as alas I just love playing this mod but know very little about the technical macguffins!

There are no plans for the Trajanic/Hadrianic period which is really just a little bit too far back for the Late Roman period.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Hey,

I'm fresh from EB (Europa Barbarorum), and am expanding into something a little later. I've always had my eye on Invasio Barbarorum, and finally got to install it.

Firstly, I can't seem to be able to play any other campaign other than the 361AD one. How do I get to accessing the other two?

Secondly, is there some kind of ''Unit viewer'' of some sort? I LOVE the diversity of units in the game, being also very historically accurate, but I've noticed a lot are repeated with different skins, or have lenghty names and titles but no information in the text itself.

Thirdly, I've not installed the patch 5 yet, for whatever reason its coming down at 83 k/B per second and will take a while.

Also, congratulations on an excellent mod, it seems very good!

EDIT: Sorry just read the thread bellow explaining how to access the other two campaigns. Also, I noticed the Gupta empire has Britain as a land to acquire, in the picture, but not actually in the list of settlements. A bug?
    Welcome to the world of the late roman empire. I hope you find it facinating as we do here at IB.

As others have correctly said to access a campaign you need to go to the options folder contained within the IJ folder and choose the campaign you want to play. You can only play one campaign at a time so-to-speak. To play another you simply install that particular campaign and off you go.

Please be sure to have a vanilla RTW/BI folders to ensure that the game operates properly.
    Also include the latest patch, Patch 5 and I would suggest the latest IJ.rar attachment which can be found in the posting #1 in the Patch 5 thread.

Enjoy,

Please post any questions you may have.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Hi, Knonfoda!

Being redirected back to the battle list page sounds like an install issue. I play custom battles all the time so it shouldn't be a problem. I know IJ is not mod-foldered so you need a clean install of vanilla RTW/BI - if you have any other mod installed it may cause problems. JH will advise better though as alas I just love playing this mod but know very little about the technical macguffins!

There are no plans for the Trajanic/Hadrianic period which is really just a little bit too far back for the Late Roman period.
    Sorry, its not the custom battles, those work fine, but the historical battles that don't work, some of which are repeated. (There are two battles of argentorum for example)

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Welcome to the world of the late roman empire. I hope you find it facinating as we do here at IB.

Enjoy,

Please post any questions you may have.

Cheers
    Thanks, it is really fascinating. I have some other questions though.

I don't seem to have a 'proper' faimly, ie I have lots of fms on the map (or at least what seem to be fm's), but when I check the family tree I only have a handful of women and Julian, who is btw barren. What is the reason for this?

Also, what is the timeframe of the game? When can I keep playing till?

And lastly, I noticed when installing the patch that as the start of a new campaign, the Iayges have been destroyed and their territories and armies are now occupied by the Quadi. Is this how it should be?

Thanks.

[QUOTE]
    Sorry, its not the custom battles, those work fine, but the historical battles that don't work, some of which are repeated. (There are two battles of argentorum for example)
    The historical battles don't work.

I don't seem to have a 'proper' faimly, ie I have lots of fms on the map (or at least what seem to be fm's), but when I check the family tree I only have a handful of women and Julian, who is btw barren. What is the reason for this?
    This is because Julian had no children. You will have to adopt into the family.

Also, what is the timeframe of the game? When can I keep playing till?
    The game goes into the 7th Century, so there is plenty of time to play.

And lastly, I noticed when installing the patch that as the start of a new campaign, the Iayges have been destroyed and their territories and armies are now occupied by the Quadi. Is this how it should be?
    This is intended. Historically the Iazyges had been defeated by 361AD, so they now only appear in the 355AD Campaign.

Cheers

[QUOTE=julianus heraclius;7813138]
    The historical battles don't work.

This is because Julian had no children. You will have to adopt into the family.

The game goes into the 7th Century, so there is plenty of time to play.

This is intended. Historically the Iazyges had been defeated by 361AD, so they now only appear in the 355AD Campaign.

Cheers
    Thanks Julianus Heraclius.

By 7th century do you mean it ends at 600AD?

What about all the 'characters' in the game? Be they generals or governors or fm's, how do they fit into the family system? Are they even family members?

[QUOTE=Knonfoda;7814828]
    Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post

Thanks Julianus Heraclius.

By 7th century do you mean it ends at 600AD?

What about all the 'characters' in the game? Be they generals or governors or fm's, how do they fit into the family system? Are they even family members?
    The campaigns end at the end of the 6th Century around 600AD.

Only family memebers show up in the family tree. Julian's family tree show his deceased family which includes Constantine and his family and of course Julian's wife Helena.

Again, you can adopt generals into Julan's family when they are offered, but he will never have children of his own.

Cheers

Thanks Julianus,

One last question, where do you get your artwork from? I know a lot is from osprey, but there is also some I have never seen and the quality of which is very good. Do you have some sort of compemdium with all the images used?

Thanks Julianus,

One last question, where do you get your artwork from? I know a lot is from osprey, but there is also some I have never seen and the quality of which is very good. Do you have some sort of compemdium with all the images used?
    You mean the loading screens, right? It's from various artists. There was a Russian website that had a lot of images, but I don't recall its name right now.

Yeah, the loading screens, although I saw an ingame image for a building (stone walls maybe?) from an artist I actually know. I think I am also aware of the Russian website, I have it as a favourite somewhere, but even then, there are some images (i'll try to figure out which ones) I've never seen before.

Yeah, the loading screens, although I saw an ingame image for a building (stone walls maybe?) from an artist I actually know. I think I am also aware of the Russian website, I have it as a favourite somewhere, but even then, there are some images (i'll try to figure out which ones) I've never seen before.
    I think you mean the campaign loading screens. Two of the pictures are by Igor Dzis.

Cheers

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

This might be the Russian site referred to above?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast