Thread: No man's land and destroyable trees?

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default No man's land and destroyable trees?

Is this possible? I'm quite when I bombard a hidden unit in the forest and the forest still stands there or the grass remains green like in a fairytale...
    [Col] RO Citizen

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: No man's land and destroyable trees?

Unless trees and grass can be made into DB buildings (with their own hitpoints and destruction model), this isn't possible. Furthermore, placing the new "trees" on the maps would require extensive mapping.

One thing I have thought about, however, would be to - if it is possible - replace some of the empty grassy maps with village maps to reflect the higher density and development of towns and settlements in the early 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Unless trees and grass can be made into DB buildings (with their own hitpoints and destruction model), this isn't possible. Furthermore, placing the new "trees" on the maps would require extensive mapping.

One thing I have thought about, however, would be to - if it is possible - replace some of the empty grassy maps with village maps to reflect the higher density and development of towns and settlements in the early 20th century.
    Would it be possible to make the trees sort of explode with shrapnel flying out realistically?

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Some things like the earth craters, maybe?
    [Col] RO Citizen

Dileos's Avatar Decanus

I wouldn't mind seeing a few maps reskinned as brown wastelands like how WWI is portrayed in films. Not sure if thats possible, but it would really improve the atmosphere.

unless "The Green Fields of France" actually refers to bright happy green WWI battlefields

It would be nice if the terrain got progressively worse as the campaign wore on.

I guess you could reserve a season tile set so we only end up with 2 seasons(autumn is probably the easiest unless there is a spring one). Then as the war wears on we can replace the summer season with the autumn season via script or something.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; August 02, 2010 at 07:19 PM.