Thread: Using KGCM MAP for VANILLA...

Default Using KGCM MAP for VANILLA...

Hey i was wondering.. Well i installed Kingdoms along with Retrofit and the Grand units addon mod.. Now i wanted to know if i could add this Map to the game without adding anything else.. No factions or anything else.. Just a bigger map with all the provinces.. Is this possible??

Default Re: Using KGCM MAP for VANILLA...

No, its not that simple to add this map to vanilla. Because there are almost double the number of regions in KGCM and a lot of text files are connected to these map changes. So you would have to do some major work to get this to work with vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    No, its not that simple to add this map to vanilla. Because there are almost double the number of regions in KGCM and a lot of text files are connected to these map changes. So you would have to do some major work to get this to work with vanilla.
    Okay thanks, umm so are there already anywere i can find a bigger map more provinces that is able for grand units and retro?? Do you know if there are any simple Map mods or anything alike?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202468

Its quiet easy to add a region, you can add a new map worth in one night imo. There are many different guides to making your own map. I dunno about "Map mods" but this can be done by the most nooby of the noob, i.e ME!

GEOMOD tool is a very powerfull easy to use and extremely usefull for mapping but not just mapping but also doing family lines adding generals and traits scripts etc etc .

The base uses of this tool is very easy to use and with time some of the more complicated applications become easy to the more you use it the better your results. Good luck with your modding work

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)