21 52.50%
  • Hk-47

19 47.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The FINAL: Garrus v HK-47

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default The FINAL: Garrus v HK-47

After going through over a hundred different characters spanning seven games, over seven years, and four genres (Yes, I count Star Wars as it's own genre) we've finally come to it - the final.

Who will earn "the priiize"?

Garrus or HK-47? You decide.

Who takes home the gold? Who deserves to be #1 as voted by you the fans?

Let's find out...
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Default Re: The FINAL: Garrus v HK-47

I think I've voted against Garrus in every single matchup so far and that's because I think this competition is about who's the best character, not who's your favourite character.

HK-47 is without a doubt my favourite of the two, but I can't say that he's a better character than Garrus. As I stated in another thread, he's a comic-relief element. A good one, but completely one-dimensional. Yes, he cracked me up and he was hilarious, but there's a lot more to Garrus and he's designed with a lot more storytelling elements and nuances in mind.

So my vote goes to Garrus.
    I have approximate answers and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don’t know anything about. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing.
    - Richard Feynman's words. My atheism.

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

All I know is that I always used Garrus in my squad alongside Wrex in ME1 and I did the same in ME2 with him and Grunt. I guess if you take him apart he's not that special, just a guy who likes justice, that gets his men killed and becomes pissed at the world and stuff. But I just like having him around.

HK is fun, and he has about the same level of back story with him being built by Revan and then getting lost again with the memories and all that... but you don't get that much satisfaction from him when you discover all that stuff he did. He's a robot and he just wants to kill stuff. That kinda nails it for him, making him just a comic relief character.
    No.

HK all the way, he always makes me laugh.

Robots>meatbags.

I've just been voting for characters I like myself. As such this is an exceptionally difficult decision for me.

On one hand HK is an absolutely hysterical and fun character to be around.
    On the other hand Garrus is the ultimate buddy character and has a great sense of humor. I've also heard he's an awkward but sweet romantic but I wouldn't know about that because I'm not a woman.

HK.

Garrus is fine but HK is just something unique.

Garrus. He actually changed as the games progressed, unlike HK who only got more powerful as you progressed.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Garrus. HK is all right, but in the end he's just a funny robot.

I'm going to have to give this one to Garrus. He's not just a string of comic-relief (although sometimes he's pretty funny), he has depth, feeling, a purpose, and you can really understand what he's going through.

On the subject of the prize:
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

ahhhhhhhhh this should be Garrus vs Edwin or Minsc.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

HK-47. He's not calibrating all the time. He's busy.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Garrus of Course

MortenJessen's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi there.
    Of all the sadistic, evil, mean meatbag hating assasination droids out there, which one is our all-time favorite: HK 47. And, just like making a knee-shot at 120 kilometers distance against statistically long odds hit its target, he wins this poll by terminating Garrus with extreme prejudice. He was, after all, made for such purposses.
    Y.S.
    M. Jessen
    Last edited by MortenJessen; August 01, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

HK-47.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    ahhhhhhhhh this should be Garrus vs Edwin or Minsc.
    Oh those two were always such a pair, but in BG2 Minsc kept killing Edwin when they worked together. Kinda puts a kink in my victories when Minsc cuts down Edwin after killing a dragon with the man.

There already had a ton of characters and the BG games are stuffed to the brim with the guys. Perhaps we should organize a poll for the Baldur's Gate characters.
    Last edited by Kamos; August 01, 2010 at 05:30 PM.

Retraction: Did I say that out loud? While it is true you are a meatbag, I should refrain from addressing you as such.
    ―HK-47
    "Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem." ―HK-47HK-47: "Query: Would you rather be caught with contraband that is 'very' illegal, or just a little illegal?" Revan: "What's the difference?" HK-47: "About twenty years, master." ―HK-47
    "As you say Master. Would you prefer me to call you something else? Perhaps liquidous fleshbag?"

You are a very harsh master, Master. I like you."
    ―HK-47"Statement: HK-47 is ready to serve, master. Observation: Notice that I did not ask if you need anyone killed. You may be curious as to why. Answer: That is because you told me to stop asking if you needed anyone killed. So I have. From now on, I will simply say, "I am ready to serve." Yes, ready to serve. In whatever way a common protocol or utility droid might serve. It seems that is my lot in life. Not to kill." ―HK-47
    "Answer: Oh, master, I could not allow myself to harm another. What if they have families? Or children? We must always think of the children. The littlest ones always suffer in war." ―HK-47, after the Exile installs the Protocol Pacifist Package
    "It is evident that the Sith would very much like to assassinate all the Jedi. Which is somewhat the equivalent of cultural suicide, since some Sith are Jedi or were Jedi. It is much like the circumstance I find myself in now. How do you kill such an integral part of yourself over such ethical differences?"

"Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets, and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Garrus.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

If awesomeness could be built, it would be called HK-47.

This gotta be one of the hardest choices ever But as always, HK-47 prevails

Edit: Hidden results? Intriguing

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

HK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast