Thread: Ran Demo !

Default Ran Demo !

Is possible to mod the demo of BI to place the factions of Ran to make a demo?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

I vote against the demo. Finish the mod instead!

Ok ok, I know it's your mod and youi'll do what you'll want... :sweatingb

S!N's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts
    Is possible to mod the demo of BI to place the factions of Ran to make a demo?
    I'don't know if is possible or not and i know that a demo can steal you much time... but i really want to see the wonderfull images posted in this forum in motion and i think i'm not alone...
    Keep on this great Mod guys!

Sorry 4 my poor english...

Live with Honour, Kill by Stealth

I dont think so... they never were able to mod the demo, everything was protected... atleast to my knowledge.

Indefinitely Banned

No one ever found a way to modify the units in the demo, so no you can't.

Why would you need to use the demo anyway? You can easily make just as good of a demo with the actual game.

The demo would work as the game...so as you change the units & factions of the game u should do it equally in the demo...it's logic ?!

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

id like a demo, because i extremely want to see the new animations in action and also the units

Ecthelion's Avatar Great Ramen Connoisseur

If you wanted to do a demo, you can just release the skins and models you have for Takeda. It would be good for custom battles.
    This is my signature. Isn't it awesome?

i agree with ecthelion, just release the takeda faction say....over the faction u replaced with a bit of music and buildings, basicly just release what you have done

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Yes, maybe allow the player to have some custom battles and perhaps a historical battle or two (4th Kawanakajima or Nagashino, anyone?).

I'd release Takeda and Uesugi skin and units just because it feels righter that way :-p

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky
    I'd release Takeda and Uesugi skin and units just because it feels righter that way :-p
    With Nagashino we can use the Teppo but its complicated to model as the Teppo should be behind a long fence....
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

I'd like to see two units or some more of two factions and no more... it should be enough.
    I think is a good idea...btw the demo is the same...

The Demo would allow a more concentrate Test on battles etc ...and could allow us to share this light version to everyone to test and tell us ehat they think of it by at the same time getting the fun of a couple of battles....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

I understand... u want something to publish without creating problems on a previous installation of BI with existing mods or other... . I don't see the problem, changin' the skins of the demo or modifying texts.

sooooo whats the go ahead then

S!N's Avatar Foederatus

I'll be waitin 4 the demo

Live with Honour, Kill by Stealth

If it could be done without too much of a hassle I'm all for it. If problems arise though I don't think any time should be wasted getting a demo out, besides, if a demo is released I'll just want to play the full version all that much more.