Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faction balancing

Default Faction balancing

Just wanted to know what others thought regarding this. I usually play M/M in campaigns.

The "Orange Horde" appears to be under control in this mod, as I find Germania acts as a counterweight to them.

Nine out of ten times, Rome defeats Phyrrus, and takes the Italian peninsula. If it does that and you play a faction in the east (say, Armenia) they usually go on to take alot of Europe. The Roman rebels never survive the loss of Phyrrus.

I have found that Iberia always seem to pwn Carthage, even taking North Africa if left on their own.

Gaul never seem to expand at all.

The Ptolemies usually take Antioch quickly, I have yet to see Seleucid dominence in the East (other than when I play as them).

This isn't an attack on the mods, I'm sure you guy's have realised I love this mod. I would just like to know what others thought about the campaign balance.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: Faction balancing

Your report is pretty much correct, I've boosted the seleucid bonuses a bit and now they survive quite a bit longer.
    Carthage and Gauls on the other hand seem to be a bit more difficult to fix but I'm confident I'll find a way...

Also, I've seen a couple times Gauls expand, in that case their post marian stacks become quite a bit painful...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I still think the Roman Rebels need replacing with something that'll actually contribute to the Non-Senate mod. I know it's been said time and time again, but they do die out so quickly. The only chance they have is when Phyrrus isn't kicked out of Italy as soon as he gets there.

Another thing I've noticed is the Greek Cities. They are always beaten into Crete by Macedon in my games.

We're working on something special for the roman rebels... We may have a realistic civil war after all...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    We're working on something special for the roman rebels... We may have a realistic civil war after all...
    Excellent!

If only I had some skill in modding, I'd help out

It may actually be in the last build, need to ask Suppanut if it's been implemented
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Its prototype have been implement in last built both in senate mod (on Carthage) and XC (on roman). It may not work in best condition as it is still testing prototype.

I really want those who test them give me data for fine-tune them in the future.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Does Loyalty still have problems related to it? It'd be nice to include it, but I don't want too many bugs.

AFAIK loyalty does not cause CTD anymore (or my last test campaign didn't show any).
    The only known CTD cause we have is related to some settlements that cause rebels to appear on the sea, we'll have to fix the map for that.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I'll wait until the final release to include it then.

Why is no-one commenting in this forum? :p

That bug is not related to loyalty, it's caused by a relatively rare occurrence where a settlement is surrounded by agents and it rebels, causing the expelled stack to end up in water.

And as for why the forum is not visited... No idea, traffic shows we're pretty close to XGM in downloads so either the mod is not popular or we have many lurkers
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Lurkers, silly peoples, they won't have their opinions heared!

Lurker?? Why those new larvas didn't morph into Ultralisk??
    Last edited by Suppanut; August 03, 2010 at 09:43 AM.

Well for those of us who enjoy XC but don't feel capable of making a balancing comment without having it shot to pieces..we prefer to lurk.

Well, unless you complain that your expensive elites get mauled by militia on VH we actually quite appreciate feedback...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

OK. This is serious, our mod need a lot of feedback to develop further whether it end up what we expect or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    OK. This is serious, our mod need a lot of feedback to develop further whether it end up what we expect or not.
    Feedback you say, never heard of it.
    Last edited by Mango; August 13, 2010 at 05:31 PM.

Yes, our team is small and the amount of testing we can do is limited...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Time to get out my BI disk..... even though im more for finding bugs, i'll give some feedback once I get the current version.

Well, aside for the occasional missing icon or description I think the more recent test builds are a lot more refined.
    Once we fix the provincial campaigns for good we will relase Delta, which will be the last official beta before the final release.

We already have plans for XC5 and we hope to attract enough historians and artists to make it happen, our final aim is to be able to challenge the big mods and give even EB some friendly competition
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast