View Poll Results: How do you rate DarthFormations_for_BI?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh god I cannot believe it...I lost again!AI is rocking!

8 53.33%
  • Well done.I think almost everything is better now.

3 20.00%
  • Ok but not something special.The new BI engine is doing the work and push a little harder.

2 13.33%
  • Why in the hell I speak for this mod?I cannot understand its usage....

2 13.33%

Thread: DarthFormations_for_BI_1.0

Default DarthFormations_for_BI_1.0

Download here! http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=753

DarthFormations for Barbarian Invasion 1.0

This is the first fully tested formation set that you can use to enhance your gaming experience fighting the AI in battle and also to help yourself in battle with the custom human and drag and drop formations.

*****Contents*****

1)Full marry and adaptation with the DarthFormations_8.0 used in almost every mod for RTW 1.2 and a lot more included below.
    2)Every faction will have specific AI formations valid for them (available only in BI). Romans will use maniple/box systems or thick central formations while barbarians will use wider enveloping formations especially nomads that will encircle with horse archers even more etc.
    3)Siege/bridge warfare is enhanced so as every available force of AI is used in the battle and does not wander or remain idle. Also of course this increases its effectiveness. Swimmers are used as good as possible for hard coded AI.
    4)The AI general unit will become an almost impenetrable unit that survives for a long time with a lot of hit and run or remaining behind the lines tactics. This is due to a new technique used by me, combined with the better hard coded AI of BI.
    5)Completed my technique for eradicating bizarre defensive AI formations when AI defends which made some units go out of formation completely.
    6)Removed default guard mode for some units (that is set in DarthFormations_8.0) completely as this helped phalanx units and in BI there is none.
    7)Corrected a bug that was caused by my formations included in my mini-mod BI_gameplay_fix_1.45 that caused some times a battle to ctd when AI defends and has reinforcements.
    8)Aspects that need a lot of talking and I cannot speak more….seek for yourself in battle!
    9) Removed an option that caused missile human units to start battle with skirmish off. Now with my new settings and sets this is obsolete and frustrating so it is removed.(I think many will be glad by this)

****Important notes****

-These formations work only with BI or BI mods. Do not try them with any other version 1.2 or 1.3 game.
    -These formations are fully tested with my mini-mod BI_gameplay_fix_1.5 (not uploaded yet) although they should work perfectly with any mod unless there are mods which interfere with unit types triggering in attributes files and so the proportion of unit types in game changes too much.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

Darth....you legend!!! (i got download #2 ) i love you...... i got beaten by the AI on very hard for the first time ever, though this is the first Darth Formations i have downloaded.

Praise to Darth!!
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

Nice, Darth.
    Thanks x) I miss the old times of playing RTR + Darth Formations :~

It ehm...works...I think. Thank you Darth!!! :sign_wow:
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Thanks Darthy! But im sorta suprised by how many people havent Downloaded it?

EDIT: Lol just found out it was only uploaded yestarday! LOL
    Last edited by Meqon-Nerd; November 18, 2005 at 02:38 AM. Reason: OOPS

Default Good job!

Thanx from Russia, Darth...

A major problem with this is that units that swim refuse to cross over a bridge and instead insist on swimming across. It is impossible to order swimming units that you control to use the bridge. Otherwise everything is great.

This is a general BI bug and not pertaining to your mod. Swimming and night battles are totaly bogus additions. I don't like my units to have swim because then they can never cross bridges and have to get very tired by swimming across. Night battles crash my computer and I play at 1600x1200 4AA.
    Last edited by hellblazer; November 29, 2005 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    4)The AI general unit will become an almost impenetrable unit that survives for a long time with a lot of hit and run or remaining behind the lines tactics. This is due to a new technique used by me, combined with the better hard coded AI of BI.
    I agree that suicidal generals are something stressfull indead, though we shouldn't drive it to far. You know: 'Jedi Generals' in MTW for example. However I have complete faith in you that you balanced it out perfectly. (Going to get BI next week or so.)
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Given morale impact of general's deaths I beleive they shouldn't ever die

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

maybe a stupid question , oh well...

if i use ur mod with bi add on on 1.4 1.6 will the changes also apply for the normal campaign games or just for the bi campaigns?