Page 308 of 313 FirstFirst ... 208258283298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313 LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 6258

Thread: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Not that I know, but now he's no longer a regular human being, he's supposed to be an immortal or something along those lines. I can't recall because the more moronic retcons the faster I forget/ignore them.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Why did Mephiston fall over?

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Wait Olanius is connected with Malal/Malice now? The ??!
    No, they just got sent to retconium together and some immortal dude with powers like the Emps and Vulkan took his place because nothing says noble sacrifice liek a guy who knows he will come back up safe and sound within an hour or so.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; December 14, 2015 at 04:17 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Why do Space Marines kill Imperial Guards? I know Imperial Guards aren't genetically modified and thus weaker, but why the need to attack them? They serve the emperor too.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

They dont attack the IG. Some chapters just dont mind having them as cannon fodder. And there is always that other loyal chapter that has a boner for exterminatus and friendly fire even when they are unecessary. And there is also those times that some imperial guard regiments belong to a planet that went heretic, and so did them....

But normally yeah they are allies and fight together. With the IG holding the line for months and the Space marines coming 1 day and winning it all and getting all the fame.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Hm alright. But what about the sisters of battle? Like in soulstorm?
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

In DC and SS they gave half assed excuses to make them figth. However 40k being 40k is not that farfetched.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Hm alright. But what about the sisters of battle? Like in soulstorm?
    Remind me the old Khornate Knights story again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Did a Dark Crusade campaign with Blood Ravens just to ravage Imperial Guard and see lore. Some troops find the thing non-sense and join space marines. In the end those are deemed as traitors to their orders and shot, and only those who fought against the Space Marines and survived got minimal treatment.

Truly 40k hardcore. That said, not sure if this only applies to Blood Ravens vs Imperial Guard or is a general script for any faction invading imperial guard.

-George Orwell

It depends I say. On the case of DC retarded excuse the new "governor" was simply too selfish and didn't back down. I think that short of a sub-sector commander or higher up any regular men is outranked by the space marine newbie that cleans the boots of the whole chapter and has his hand submerged on warm sulfuric acid while sleeping.

Hehehe I might be exaggerating but in this case the IG should have succeeded command to the SM I think.

DC is not as retarded as how Space Wolves slap Inquisition, please...

But then in 5ed Grey Knights we have Grey Knights slaughted loyal SoB so who knows...
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Indefinitely Banned

Who's the most powerful faction in this game?

The universe is in a constant stalemate, so no one get the upper hand and GW keeps selling products.
    However if you ask in individual levels of technology or power I would say Necrons come first, followed by Tyranids. Don't know about the rest.

Chaos is pretty strong too but if Necrons ever got their crap together before their rewrite and got fully awakened there's nothing that could stand on their way then. Now I don't know, they don't seem such a big threat anymore, not at least bigger than chaos or nids anyway.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; March 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM.

Ty-tyranid fluff wise; codex wise I find Eldar and Tau pretty solid now.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Yes but Tau cannot use the Warp to travel, and this is a strong limit for them, this mean in fact that they can be invaded by any faction and they can invade just the factions closer to their own sector.

Eldar are often the wisest in terms of foreseeing awakening destructive forces (Necrons, Tyranids) but too arrogant to cooperate decently with other races and/or ready to sacrifice human planets to save a few of their own (see warhammer II). Also their lore suggests they are not at their peak anymore. They suffer from too much pride. Also the Dark Eldar suggest they have their own version of Chaos aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Hehehe I might be exaggerating but in this case the IG should have succeeded command to the SM I think.
    I agree, but there is a point: the Chaos Space Marines. There could've been the chance suceeding command to SM, those SM turned into CSM, ending with a Khorne victory. At least from IG view.

On curiosity, playing Soulstorm campaign now as Imperial Guard, and despite same planet and not holding a gate to attack other factions, sisters of battle haven't attacked me even once.

I guess it stayed true to the opening cinematic so far.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Eldar
    Eldar got ravaged hard on Warhammer II (as cinematic suggests), insisting on scheming everyone as cannon fodder for tyranids, even recurrently attacking imperials/space marines, but get heavy losses. Haven't played Chaos Campaign Expansion yet.
    Last edited by fkizz; March 30, 2016 at 06:47 PM.

-George Orwell

Yes but Tau cannot use the Warp to travel, and this is a strong limit for them, this mean in fact that they can be invaded by any faction and they can invade just the factions closer to their own sector.
    Neither can Necrons, but if Necrons and Humans can hack into Webway so can Tau do it; plus it never really explains why Tau cannot travel in Warp, perhaps due to lack of warp engine.

Lack of proper warp engines. Produced by the lack of pyskers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Lack of proper warp engines. Produced by the lack of pyskers.
    No fluff suggests warp engine is produced by psykers.

Can the Imperium reengineer necron space technology (like they did with the Phase Blaade) now that emperor is dying?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Can the Imperium reengineer necron space technology (like they did with the Phase Blaade) now that emperor is dying?
    No, they cannot.

.. and honestly I don't know who could try to do that! The Mechanicum not for sure.