Thread: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Thanks Okuto! Always on Withe Dwarf I read a war story, with truly good painted miniatures, that tell of the poor croot auxiliary troops during a battle against Slaaneshi worshippers, being cannibals, the Kroots ate the corpses of the dead slaanesh followers which they killed, and became tainted transforming themselves in enemies (nice the minis of Kroot with chaotic look!). The Tau, after the won battle, burned the corpses of the tainted Kroots. Maybe the Kroots can be tainted being a more wild race than the Tau.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    Tau aren't affected by chaos.....they have no presense in the warp.
    You know if a machine AI is capable of making a deal with the dark gods of chaos then surely the Tau would be just as open (for example's sake)

And why would a athehist minded xeno race idol worship a foriegn god....as far as the tau are concerned, they have no concept of "gods" and they see it as dangerous esp. After their encounter with slannesh worshippers and the more zealous followers of the imperium the tau have nothing but contempt for zealotry
    Yet they thought that Slannesh was that guy they killed lol

I never said their machines aren't open to daemon intrusion.....

The Dark AdMech would love to fuse Tau tech with Daemon tech......it's what I'm writing about in my novel project.....

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Yet they thought that Slannesh was that guy they killed lol
    Yep....I thought it was cute

Hey Ulysses during the Horus Heresy didn't Chaos sympathizers in the Mechanicum load a bunch of Chaos "scrap code" into the Mechanicum's computer systems and totally corrupt the machine spirits and effectively knock Mars out of the war as it was plunged into a massive civil war that split the Mechanicum into two, a schism that lasts till today (In 40K time)?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Hey Ulysses during the Horus Heresy didn't Chaos sympathizers in the Mechanicum load a bunch of Chaos "scrap code" into the Mechanicum's computer systems and totally corrupt the machine spirits and effectively knock Mars out of the war as it was plunged into a massive civil war that split the Mechanicum into two, a schism that lasts till today (In 40K time)?
    The lack of punctuation is strong in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimecraft View Post
    The lack of punctuation is strong in this one.
    you...

you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

In a nutshell yes, the HH novel Mechanicum is all about this and is very good.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

some parts of loyalist mars resisted such stuff though.

in that novel tho u get a sense for what technology was lost with the collapse into civil war.

Without spoiling much....

The scapcode was basically a result of the Magos who supported Horus opening a certain vault that had it inside....it was just one of the many things the Dark Magos did.....the schism did more than enough to take mars out of the war but the scap code was the catalyst

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

The Imperium isn't a liberal democrat tea party, its a galaxy of xenophobic, Fascist, intolerant hell mongers.

What's that got to do with the schism of mars?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    The Imperium isn't a liberal democrat tea party, its a galaxy of xenophobic, Fascist, intolerant hell mongers.
    Which is why it mixes with fallout 3 so nice.

saglam2000's Avatar Campidoctor

New questions, what's up with Cypher, what's he doing.., anything i can read up on this guy?
    "The Turks are never trapped. It's the people who surround them who are in trouble."Anthony Hebert

‎"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by saglam2000 View Post
    New questions, what's up with Cypher, what's he doing.., anything i can read up on this guy?
    The Dark Angels Codex, the HH series books on the Dark Angels, and Angels of Darkness (IDK for sure about that).

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    I've got a question. How happy would Chaos worshippers be in general (not including the pleasure addicted Slaanesh heretics)? I'm talking about your run of the mill heretic, not a champion or traitor legionaire.
    There is huge disparity throughout the universe and within the eye of chaos, the society from which thw worshipper is from would influence their "happiness" much more than the god/gods which had taken control of their society or to whom they had pledged alleigence.

But from a fantasy pont of view I can imagine a rough division of contentness (excluding slaanesh):
    Successful Tzeentch follower,
    Nurgle follower,
    Khorne follower,
    Tzeentch follower.

A successful Tzeentch follower would be top of the pile due to his/her awareness, knowledge is pleasure, power is knowledge etc. A Nurgle follower is next because Nurgle (unlike his brothers) cares for his followers, rewards are given to tho who deserve them with greater accuracy than his brothers, Khorne comes next due to his intoxicating attributes associated with his followers (a drunk is always happy, blood drunk is no different). I would place a regular Tzeentch on the bottom of the happiness pile because he would be accutely aware of his doom, the unlikelihood of his success.

This rough list would obviously change based on context. If you were asking which chaos space-marine legions were more content: world-eaters, thousand-sons, Death-Guard or Emperors children. Or if you took a specific planet in the eye of terror, or in the Impirium, or in real-space, but outside the eye of terror, the level of civilisation would influence it too and the power the respective God holds over the society also.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

You'd be a happy puppy with the night lords....get to do whatever you want and not be pawns for the chaos gods..

Who are the happiest of the Chaos Space Marines and why?
    In that order, who are the most miserable and why?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    Who are the happiest of the Chaos Space Marines and why?
    In that order, who are the most miserable and why?
    Those chaos marines, how have had the possibility to slaughter and destroy the enemies of the gods (even better if imperials) for some time are the happiest ones.

Those chaos marines, how have had to linger in one place, without any sort of combat for a long time are the unhappiest ones.

I meant, in Legion terms...