Page 10 of 313 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Default Re: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Or picked up and dusted off to form villains for crappy Tau games.
    Space Marines fighting in the Damocles Crusade.

Iron Hands, White Scars, Scythes of the Emperor, Ultramarines, Black Templars.

Only one, Scythes of the Emperor, isn't a well-known, First Founding chapter. I see what you mean.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Ruire View Post

Only one, Scythes of the Emperor, isn't a well-known, First Founding chapter. I see what you mean.
    1st founding was all the legions

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    1st founding was all the legions
    I forgot the Scythes of the Emperor Legion. They really showed Horus.

I forgot the Scythes of the Emperor Legion. They really showed Horus.
    they were not a legion

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Neither are the Black Templars..........
    Art //

How long will it be before grog finishes off the farsight enclaves?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    How long will it be before grog finishes off the farsight enclaves?
    His invasion just started before Farsight became rouge (The Sept worlds he attacked crushed his armies). Afterwards he attacked it, but he is not only fighting them.
    Last edited by Ulysses S. Grant; August 06, 2010 at 08:54 PM.
    Art //

? in the ork cordex it says that he penetrated the farsight enclaves in the northen part of the tau empire and has pillaged quite a few of there worlds......
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

They are battling more than just Farsight. They are also fighting all the Sept Worlds on the eastern fringe of the Tau Empire
    Art //

Gah, well does the tau codex say anything about the war of dakka that the ork codex doesnt?

I'm actually referring to Fire Warrior.

Even worse is that the chapter I'm referring to is one of the BETTER fleshed out chapters, and it still isn't terribly fleshed out.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    So how Void Dragon survive in Mars for so long without eating??
    From what I gather the Void Dragon is in a hibernation like state and he's feeding off the use of technological implants that are created by the Mechanicum as well as the fear of technology and superstition in general.

If he's in a hibernation state then his metabolism is retarded or slowed down and he is burning whatever food he consumed before hibernation at a slower rate.

The Dragon feeds of the worship from members of the machine cult. There are also cultists who worship him indirectly (Inside the Noctis Labrinth). He simply draws energy from this kind of worship.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    The Dragon feeds of the worship from members of the machine cult. There are also cultists who worship him indirectly (Inside the Noctis Labrinth). He simply draws energy from this kind of worship.
    How much more energy does the lazy sot need before he wakes up? I need to speak to him.

if I remember there are some guardians who guard one at a time the void dragon, and everyone can choose to let him go (and void dragon has tried to bribe them), but everyone to this point has tough he does more good as omnissiah than when he is free (obviously >.>)

Those Guardians were posted their by the Emperor. He gave them eternal life (So they could guard the Dragons tomb complex). However with my Emergence and the varius shady mechanicum cults that lurk around the Noctic Labrinth, it is possible that the guardians are gone. (Or under the C'tans control).
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Those Guardians were posted their by the Emperor. He gave them eternal life (So they could guard the Dragons tomb complex). However with my Emergence and the varius shady mechanicum cults that lurk around the Noctic Labrinth, it is possible that the guardians are gone. (Or under the C'tans control).
    Well wake him up, I need to speak to him.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I was sifting through some old youtube vids and I came across this teaser for the A Thousand Sons/Prospero Burns duology.
    In the beginning Abnett says that the Space Wolves were pretty much created to take down rebel chapters, and I was wondering whether it was just some hyping he did or whether ther's more in universe clues towards it.

And just as an aside, which chapters would you guys say symbolize the Emperor's ideals most, and which one would you reckon are most popular among the Imperium's population?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    And just as an aside, which chapters would you guys say symbolize the Emperor's ideals most, and which one would you reckon are most popular among the Imperium's population?
    My personal answer is World Eaters.

Imperium's answer is probably Ultramarines...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Actually it would probably be The Blood Angels, as they most symbolised the Emperors new ideals for Humanity (Because every Blood Angel was once a degenerate half-mutant).
    Art //