Thread: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Exodite may be, since their soul is not linked to Slaanesh.

Edit: I have been thinking, perhaps the Inquisition's decision to send the surviving population of First Armageddon War to labor camps was rather because they wanted to hide the existence of Grey Knights instead because of their contact with Chaos.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; August 16, 2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post

Edit: I have been thinking, perhaps the Inquisition's decision to send the surviving population of First Armageddon War to labor camps was rather because they wanted to hide the existence of Grey Knights instead because of their contact with Chaos.
    The Grey Knights teleported in the middle of the Chaos forces so it`s unlikely they were seen by fellow SMs let alone IG.As far as I know the existance of the GKs is known at the highest levels, those might include SMs.

I don`t get the hole "keep Chaos secret" , when I played DoW 1 the SMs were like "kill the Chaos scum!!!" not like "who the hell are you guys?!?!"

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Dont see why SMs wouldnt know of the grey knight existence. or at least some of the chapters.

teleporting into the midst of enemies or not, thats kinda also what SMs do at times and they're no stranger to chaos.

to the general public, considering the number of worlds that exist under the Imperium that have probably never seen war or true 'chaos', they're the ones that i guess are kept sheltered from knowledge of these things.

Trust in the invincibility and infallibility of the angels of death would be more difficult to garner if everyone knew the extent to which they 'fell' in the ancient times of the heresy and continue to do so in the current time.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

SMs who see and fight with the Grey Knights have their memory wiped so besides Chapter Masters and individuals in very high standing most don't know about them.

Chaos is kept secret from the general populace, not SMs or IG. This is because Empy the Emps of Mankind thought that if people don't know chaos exists it will die out, after all humans are psychic species and their beliefs become reality.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

from what source is this information about SMs getting their minds wiped?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

All of them? Books about the Grey Knights mention this, I think the Codex mentions this, even lore fansites (like warhammer40k wikia and lexicanum) say this. SMs have their memory of the battle erased while Guardsmen or Adepta Sororitas get executed on the spot. The only exception to this are the Space Wolves

Here's a video describing the background, info is taken from the Codex and lexicanum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhpOLHq8-5k
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Space Wolves fought and defeated a bunch of grey knights right? Safe to assume all of the chapter knows about them.

Edit: actually there was a war between the grey knights & inquisitorial mooks and the Space Wolves which ended up with the Grey Knight Grand Master dead, some inquisitor tool dead (both by grimnar) and Space Wolves emerging as selfless heroes to make the ultramarines green. Fun.

Also Space Marines know about Chaos. Of course they do.
    Last edited by Påsan; August 18, 2014 at 08:43 AM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Their souls are still desired by Slaanesh above all others, as are all Eldar. Not all Exodites are escapees of the old empire, some are survivors like the Dark Eldar, but have found protection in the collective spirit matrixes of their Maiden Worlds (like a Craftworld), rangers and outcasts from Craftworlds make up a sizeable portion of their populations also, and they are certainly tied to Slaanesh.

As for Eldar who worship Slaanesh: there are some, mostly they are tricked into seducing their fellows in the name of Slaanesh, for the reward of immortality or an immunity from Slaanesh, some are willing, others not so much. Occasionally there are ancient pieces of Eldar art or weaponry that are possessed, when found by an Eldar, that Eldar is consumed, his body is possessed and then that daemon tricks other Eldar into finding more trinkets and hey presto, a whole tribe of "Eldar" who belong to Chaos.
    Last edited by Himster; August 18, 2014 at 08:33 AM.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

a youtube vid isnt really a source. and i read thru GK's lexi and it makes no mention of erasing minds and executing people bar cleansing some people of taint.
    Last edited by Carach; August 18, 2014 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    a youtube vid isnt really a source. and i read thru GK's lexi and it makes no mention of erasing minds and executing people bar cleansing some people of taint.
    It is quite possible First Founding and some special chapters are exception of this rule.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Why did GW replace StormTroopers with "Militarum Tempestus" and why do the Militarum Tempestus look so medieval? (referencing the helmet and chest plate design).

MT

ST

Yes I know, I'm late to the funeral

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Why did GW replace StormTroopers with "Militarum Tempestus" and why do the Militarum Tempestus look so medieval? (referencing the helmet and chest plate design).

MT

ST

Yes I know, I'm late to the funeral
    Because Space Knights

Tempestus Scions are supposely more close to fluff I guess.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

*snif* RIP StormTroopers

Could buy some from ebay but cant be stuffed

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Because the old design were actually Cadian Kaskirn. DOW 2 correctly have those guys from the new design as stormtroopers (although they look more millitary and less medieval in that game)

But yeah the new name sucks.
    Last edited by Påsan; August 19, 2014 at 04:57 AM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Ah thats why they looked different in Dow2. They were using the old models. In my heart Cadian Kaskirn will always be the StormTroopers. GW used them for such a long time. Kind of surprised they are not selling them on their website.

Cadian Kaskirn were also in Dow 1 (refered there as StormTroopers).

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

The name is just, you know, a name. We don't usually go around calling the SPEHS MERHENS "Adeptus Astartes", we just call them Space Marines. In the same fashion you can call "Astra Militarum" to the Imperial Guard and the StormTroopers "Militarum Tempestus" or "Militarum Tempest Scions" or whatever.

No need to cry, remember the galaxy is huge, names, uniforms and equipment from the military forces with identical missions/purposes from one planet to the next can wildly vary. In the case of the the Cadian Kaskirn, well, they are a Candian thing only. I kind of like the new StormTroopers with a "more standardized" uniform and stuff.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; August 19, 2014 at 08:22 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

I don't care about the name. My curiosity was on why it was changed.

The model is always more important.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Oh in that case the answer is pretty simple. MONEY
    Got it now?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

It is quite possible First Founding and some special chapters are exception of this rule.
    u'd think it would be the other way around considering a space marines mind is more difficult to with than the average human...