Page 1 of 313 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Default Warhammer 40000 Q&A

This is a thread dedicated to people with questions about anything to do with Warhammer 40k and they can hopefully be answered by all the people who use this forum and of course myself.

So start asking:
    Last edited by Ulysses S. Grant; October 22, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Art //

Default Re: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

how the hell can commadner farsight be a threat to the supermacy of the god emprah?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    how the hell can commadner farsight be a threat to the supermacy of the god emprah?
    Nobody said he was.

The only thing the Inquisition wonder about him is if he is controlled by another xeno race, or whether he is possed by chaos, and also what this could mean for the other Tau.
    Last edited by Ulysses S. Grant; August 25, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Nobody said he was.

The only thing the Inquisition wonder about him is if he is controlled by another Zeno race, or whether he is possed by chaos, and also what this could mean for the other Tau.
    I think he's possessed by Chaos because part of his mystery is his extended life. He is far older then Tau normally live for. Some say his Honor Blade is a Daemon Weapon if so this would make him possessed and explain his longer then usual life.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I've been eyeballing this game for a while. What exactly is the gameplay like? Which one should I get (DOW or DOW 2?)? Basically introduce me to this

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    I think he's possessed by Chaos because part of his mystery is his extended life. He is far older then Tau normally live for. Some say his Honor Blade is a Daemon Weapon if so this would make him possessed and explain his longer then usual life.
    Actually the Dawn Blade is more likely a Necron Weapon. It was found on Arthas Moloch, in the ruins of a pre-human civilisation. It is powered by an unknown energy source and can cut through infantry and vehicles with ease (Warsythe equivalent anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    I've been eyeballing this game for a while. What exactly is the gameplay like? Which one should I get (DOW or DOW 2?)? Basically introduce me to this
    Are you interested in the Video-games or the table-top game?

For the video games i'd start with Dawn of War One and work your way through them.
    Art //

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I have a question; does C'tan fight eachother?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I have a question; does C'tan fight eachother?
    Of course. The C'Tan (especially the Deceiver) Are super anti social and will kill the first thing they run across. Even each other.

*Runs out the room*

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Of course. The C'Tan (especially the Deceiver) Are super anti social and will kill the first thing they run across. Even each other.

*Runs out the room*
    That was the past. The C'tan cannot win unless they work together to complete the Great Work.
    Art //

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

how do you play normal custom game against AI only in DOW2 & standalone expansion

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

1. You click on Multiplayer

2. Then you click on custom game.

3. Then you start a private match and set it up so you are playing against the CPU instead of human players.

And there you go.
    Art //

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    dow 1 is way better, especailly with the mod FOK than dow 2. so...introduce you to the universe?
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

That was the past. The C'tan cannot win unless they work together to complete the Great Work.
    Na, you guys never want to win but just occasionally wake up and harvest living souls, then go to sleep again.

Anyway, does Necron fight eachother for food dispute?
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Na, you guys never want to win but just occasionally wake up and harvest living souls, then go to sleep again.

Anyway, does Necron fight eachother for food dispute?
    No as each C'tan feeds off a different kind of essence.

Nightbringer feeds off fear of death, Outsider feeds off insanity, Void Dragon feeds off fear and probably superstition, and The Deciever feeds off worship and to a lesser extent fear.
    Art //

No as each C'tan feeds off a different kind of essence.

Nightbringer feeds off fear of death, Outsider feeds off insanity, Void Dragon feeds off fear and probably superstition, and The Deciever feeds off worship and to a lesser extent fear.
    But I thought those fear is emotion that under Nurggle's domain? No wonder Chaos has to fight you since there is food dispute...

But I thought those fear is emotion that under Nurggle's domain? No wonder Chaos has to fight you since there is food dispute...
    Well emotions have an effect on a souls essence. This is why the C'tan prefer to eat living beings over suns (Which they can survive on, they just have no taste).
    Art //

Chaos was gonna fight the C'Tan regardless of food.

The C'Tan view the Chaos Gods as upstarts and young rivals. The pride of the C'Tan not allowing for anyone other then them to survive means they must seek to wage war with Chaos at every turn. Even if the food dispute was settled (and the C'Tan plan to settle it on their terms) the two superpowers would still be at each other's throats.

Chaos couldn't ally with the C'Tan also because of pride, but also it is against the nature of the Chaos Gods to commit to long term alliances as that's not very....... Chaotic. Also the Chaos Gods are very single minded, megalomaniac, and self serving. Capricious to the extreme, it is not in their personality to ally with the C'Tan or any other Gods.

Yep, chaos can never get along.................
    Art //

Yep, chaos can never get along.................
    Like when Khorne fought Slaanesh to get to Khaine?

It could also be like whenever there isnt a black crusade going on....
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow