Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 213263288303304305306307308309310311312313
Results 6,241 to 6,258 of 6258

Thread: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Supposely they are created using the Primarch's gene seeds directly, which makes them bigger and more powerful (supposely same size as Grey Knights). I just don't understand what makes them special comparing with Horus Heresy Space Marines (SUPPOSELY USE PRIMARCH GENE SEEDS TOO).

Anyway I don't like this noblebright direction.
    Nah, my guess is these guys are like the equivalent to the Raven Guard Raptors before the Alpha Legion messed with the geneseed. Corax supposedly used primarch geneseed IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Yes, but if they unify the fluff after having mixed together the rules, what would you do? Would you play the new hybrid? I like cocktails but I also know that the 80% of them are pure crap.
    Unifying the fluff would be a terrible idea for many reasons, one of them being there's no good way to make the nature of the Mortal Realms and the 40k universe which is our universe in the future compatible. I'd still play, for I've invested too much time and effort to consider quitting now, but I'd play with the older setting as a headcanon.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ashenwyte View Post
    Unifying the fluff would be a terrible idea for many reasons, one of them being there's no good way to make the nature of the Mortal Realms and the 40k universe which is our universe in the future compatible. I'd still play, for I've invested too much time and effort to consider quitting now, but I'd play with the older setting as a headcanon.
    IMO "time and effort" are the key words here, I hope that putting their hands on the fluff, they won't forget that people buying their miniatures and games, are not just customers and numbers on a data chart of sales and profits, actually they are real people investing time and effort, that is passion, in their products because of love.

I'm not just talking of GW of course.

IMO "time and effort" are the key words here, I hope that putting their hands on the fluff, they won't forget that people buying their miniatures and games, are not just customers and numbers on a data chart of sales and profits, actually they are real people investing time and effort, that is passion, in their products because of love.

I'm not just talking of GW of course.
    It does look like they're going in that direction, though. They've been active on their Facebook pages and Warhammer Community, which is hopefully a sign of things to come.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

is this still canon?
    She had a romantic relationship with her female Acolyte and bodyguard, Rendenstein.[3a]

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Marguerethe_Wienand

I mean I cannot image the ordos liking that
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Consider it is in recent novel series, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Consider it is in recent novel series, yes.
    so suddenly the ordos are okay with something which produces no children for the emperor?
    I always understood they would kill the person if they found out

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

I dont think romantic relations was ever a trouble in that way. I remember that in one of the female ship captains in the horus heresy novels were having a relation with her subordinates. Also in the Eisenhorn novels he mentions a few romantic relations he had (none which produced children) and also of his ...crush, for bequin but since she was a pariah he coudnt stand being too close to her.

Basically if they cared about it they would have to kill a lot of people... too much trouble. I dont recall having romantic relations that produce no children ever being regarded as punishable by the imperium. (but i mostly only read horus heresy so idk, though started just today the beast arises series)
    Last edited by Wulfburk; July 06, 2017 at 03:03 AM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    so suddenly the ordos are okay with something which produces no children for the emperor?
    I always understood they would kill the person if they found out
    There is fluff says that?
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Citizen

I read it somewhere in the past on this thread IIRC
    so that is why I ask am not into 40k that much

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    I read it somewhere in the past on this thread IIRC
    so that is why I ask am not into 40k that much
    I have never heard such fluff before, besides it contradicts the doctrine of certain organizations such as Sister of Battle.

Citizen

ah must be my memory then +rep to both of you for the answers

I don't think carpet cleaning or chute plunging would be much of a gripe in the 40k universe, even in the Ecclesiarchy's point of view. Logically speaking many things that were taboo in say, the ancient world, are seen as perfectly normal now, 2000 years later. Even the most puritan zealot of a cardinal would probably raise an eyebrow with regards to the issues which trouble modern interfaith dialogue. He's more concerned about those wayward souls who bear blasphemous thoughts of "temporary ceasefires" or "fighting mutual enemies" alongside the foul xenos, or those who proclaim the heretical doctrine that the Emperor possesses both a divine and a human nature in union together instead of the orthodox Ecclesiarchical view that he is the divine incarnated into the human form. "Or was it the other way around? Oh well I already ordered an exterminatus on three Cardinal worlds that professed the former doctrine, so if I'm wrong it's probably best for the Emperor to come and clarify things up himself."

Ironically the fact that the Imperium doesn't give a damn about race, gender or sexual orientation doesn't make it sound a feather more progressive.

It's named "Death of Hope" do you know something about this new "100% fan made unofficial Warhammer Horus Heresy story", guys? The trailer should be out this winter ..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

fan made
    I don't know GW allows that now.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

They don't. They simply wait for them to finish then they threaten and sue. See that way it's more harmful and more work goes to waste.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal
    They simply wait for them to finish then they threaten and sue. See that way it's more harmful and more work goes to waste.
    Well, actually instead of sueing anybody else, Games Workshop is sued in USA:

" for Fraud, Price Fixing, Tortious Interference, Breach of Contract, Unjust Enrichement, Restraint of Trade, Conspiracy and Antitrust Violations"
    all this for a total of 62.5 millions Dollars.

The Original document: "Moore Vs. Games Workshop Legal Complaint 2017"
    .. and the youtube vid about this interesting stuff:

What do you think guys? Is still possible for David killing Goliath in single combat?

What do you know guys about this story? If condemned, may the company be severely damaged by the sentence? All in all, GW is not Daimler Benz and 62 millions Dollars are still 62 millions Dollars!!!
    In any case the list of crimes in the complaint are exactly what I was thinking about their marketing from at least two decades! "Es gibt noch Richter in Berlin!" .. (hopefully!)

An even more retarded lawsuit than those of GWs.

Oh and GW has been not meddling with fan made videos and etc for a while now eh? Lord inquisitor, helsreach (that actually uses the black library audio book), this new one... all the dozes of mods for random games, even mods for medieval 2 about warhammer fantasy that are literally a competitor for total war warhammer... Still no problem with them.

Unlike you know, the lotr mod for skyrim that got a cease and desist and etc.

Check it out:

Last edited by Wulfburk; August 10, 2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR