Thread: About the Generals...

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Default About the Generals...

just a quick question about the generals/heirs, i know this may sound dumb and pardon my ignorance but, are all factions generals going to be mounted? i know alot of the vikings in the beginning raids didnt rely alot on calvary but, i was just curious if this was something that has been thought of? i know its late to change but any feedback would be good or just a *rookie slap to my dignity would suffice. i love the work you guys have put in and once again ill say it this will be epic! kudos to the whole team. cant wait guys!

Default Re: About the Generals...

I'm just going to guess and say that there will be an elite heavy infantry unit for generals.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No problem mate and thanks ...

The Viking's (Danish, Hordaland, Vestfold and early Norman) genaral and bodyguards are heavy infantry units such as irish (Connacht, Munster) and saxons (Northumbrians, Mercia, East Anglia, Wessex).
    The Celtic's (Scotish, Welsh) general and bodyguards are cavalry units such as East-Frank and late Norman.

that's awesome danova. will there be recruitable generals that we might be able to chose if infantry or cavalry? i don't even know if it's possible just sounds good to me. sending a viking generals shielwall charging!!!!! then having kings cavalry flank the enemy.
    can't wait for LAST KINGDOM

ok so.... the vikings(and early normans) generals will be infantry while everyone else is pretty buch calvary? >:T man i was hoping to have a northumbrian heir who was a badass in the shieldwall!

No-no worldsdead!
    Maybe i'm not clearly. Here just eyecandy and a list for general and bodyguard:
    Last edited by danova; July 29, 2010 at 01:17 PM.

(Saxon bodygurads - Wesex)

General and family members and his bodyguards:

The vikings
    Danish - Infantry (Bodyguard: Hirðmenn - Heavy Infantry - Two handed Axe+Shields )
    Hordaland - Infantry (Bodyguard: Hirðmenn - Heavy Infantry - Two handed Axe+Shields )
    Vestfold - Infantry (Bodyguard: Hirðmenn - Heavy Infantry - Two handed Axe+Shields )
    (early) Norman - Infantry (Bodyguard: Hirðmenn - Heavy Infantry - Two handed Axe+Shields )

The Irish
    Connacht - Infantry (Bodyguard: Arras Bodyguard - Heavy Infantry - Sword+Shields )
    Munster - Infantry (Bodyguard: Arras Bodyguard - Heavy Infantry - Sword+Shields )

The Saxons
    East Anglia - Infantry (Bodyguard: Heorthgeneats - Heavy Infantry - Two handed Axe+Shields )
    Mercia - Infantry (Bodyguard: Heorthgeneats - Heavy Infantry - Two handed Axe+Shields )
    Northumbrians - Infantry (Bodyguard: Heorthgeneats - Heavy Infantry - Two handed Axe+Shields )
    Wessex - Infantry (Bodyguard: Heorthgeneats - Heavy Infantry - Two handed Axe+Shields )

The Celtics
    Scotish - Cavalry (Bodyguard: Ridire Bodyguard - Cavalry - Sword+Shields )
    Welsh - Cavalry (Bodyguard: Dumnonian Cavalry - Cavalry - Sword+Shields )

The Carolings
    East-Frank - Cavalry (Bodyguard: Scola Bodyguard - Heavy Cavalry - Spear/Sword+Shields )

The Normans
    (late) Norman - Cavalry (Bodyguard: Norman Knight Bodyguard - Heavy Cavalry - Spear/Sword+Shields )

Last edited by danova; July 29, 2010 at 01:18 PM.

Mmmm lovely stuff

Any chance you can be extra nice and post a screen of a shieldwall? That'd be sweet. Pretty please?
    Last edited by 0ldboy; July 30, 2010 at 08:06 AM.

oh danova you know just how to keep us on edge with stuff like this!!! man i cannot wait! superb work! beautiful screenshot!

ah man, no recruitable general, eithere foot or cav. (head down)
    (see's eye candy, head comes back up) will the bodyguard for cav be less powerful, or will inf bodyguard be just as powerful as cavalry? only ask because in every mod i play bodyguard cav own everyone.
    can't wait for LAST KINGDOM

Foot Bodyguards arre very tough nuts to crack

you guys sure know how to spoil us!