Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW 2.1 BUG REPORTS /// KNOWN BUGS & BUG FIXES /// READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Default Re: TATW 2.1 BUG REPORTS /// KNOWN BUGS & BUG FIXES /// READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Sometimes, not always, the game crashes when i load a game that was saved right before a battle. It loads, and when it should appear the battle map, it crashes. Also, i've had a problem with the bridge that lies just south (a bit west) of the settlemant in East Angmar. Battles loaded well, but i could not deply my units anywhere, nor could i move them afterwards, and tha AI could not either...

I've already posted this, but nobody answerd, can any of you guys give me a hand, please?
    Science is either Physics or stamp-collecting. Ernest Rutherford

Default Re: TATW 2.1 BUG REPORTS /// KNOWN BUGS & BUG FIXES /// READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Well, the first problem is strange happened to me too at battle loading but only sometimes and in the last 3 days i didnt have! Second, there are some maps that cant be winned because the hills or water makes a wall around your army and cant move or cant pass to the enemy! The battle maps are generated by the game like on the Campaign map...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoler View Post
    Well, the first problem is strange happened to me too at battle loading but only sometimes and in the last 3 days i didnt have! Second, there are some maps that cant be winned because the hills or water makes a wall around your army and cant move or cant pass to the enemy! The battle maps are generated by the game like on the Campaign map...
    But it was all the times like that, i fought (defended) several battles on several turns, having left and reoccupied the bridge, and it was allways like that. There were indeed some cliffs at the right of the road, but there wer also woods, and plains, and i couldn't move to any of them, so i just waited for time to finish and then won... But i don't know if it can be somehow fixed...

crashes when i have 4 balrogs in one battle and one got hit wwith a baliista
    ROME 2 TOTAL WAR FTW!

Icon5 Re: TATW 2.1 BUG REPORTS /// KNOWN BUGS & BUG FIXES /// READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Please I need some help! I have been playing TATW sinece 1.2 patch but this never ocurred to me before... I am playing with Eriador TATW 2.1 (no mods)... a dwarve army is besieging gungabad with one of my spies in that settlement... i click end turn and when it reaches the dwarf faction (when they are occupying the city) the game crashes. (unspecified error bla bla bla).

I noticed before that this happens sometimes but usually changing some variables (moving a army, change a tax rate, etc) does the trick... So I sent an army to besiege gungabad too (dwarves are my allies) and my spie opens the gate wich lets me have the battle in the same turn the game crashes... I win the battle with auto-resolve, i click occupy city and boom... black screen... back to windows.

I searched the forum for similar situations but I didnīt find anything. I remember that i had a similar porblem with 1.3 when besieging Umbar the difference being that the crash happened before the battle.

Other thing... where is the balrog? I besieged Moria (with Arnor) and nothig happened...
    In Future patches you shoud make the balrog a general like in the fellowship campaign (or even better... a faction leader) as soon as it spawns.

Sorry for the long post and for my bad english... iīm not used to wright and this is my firt one!
    Please some help\reply will be appreciated!

Bokz's Avatar Libertus

Just a very minor thing but as mordor my mercenary navy has a german voice and keeps talking about the kaiser

Rhun's generals still seem to have the same issue with floating noseguards that their captains used to have.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

A question .
    Is it "natural" for Dark Lord to launch "crusades" in other evil factions?
    I played with three "good" factions and each time evil factions got in to "civil" war and Dark lord launched campaigns against Edoras or Isenguard or other cities despite the fact that they were under evil factions control.
    Or is this a bug?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    A question .
    Is it "natural" for Dark Lord to launch "crusades" in other evil factions?
    I played with three "good" factions and each time evil factions got in to "civil" war and Dark lord launched campaigns against Edoras or Isenguard or other cities despite the fact that they were under evil factions control.
    Or is this a bug?
    It has never happened in my campaign... Are you sure that those cities had not been retaken by the "good ones"? Or are they truly in civil war (just look in the diplomacy)? Anyway, war between members of the same "block" has occured to me too, playing with eriador the dwarves declared war on the silvan elves...

Quote Originally Posted by Maulet View Post
    It has never happened in my campaign... Are you sure that those cities had not been retaken by the "good ones"? Or are they truly in civil war (just look in the diplomacy)? Anyway, war between members of the same "block" has occured to me too, playing with eriador the dwarves declared war on the silvan elves...
    factions can get excommunicated (he's the pope after all) so they can become crusade targets iguess

Numpty's Avatar Laetus

I've come across a problem in my game, playing as Mordor on Easy/Medium battles (my first game of Third Age 2.1), just to see how this game works n all.

Problem is this: Get a pop up, says it wants me to attack someplace and I'll be rewarded by 3 of the best units at my capital...

I attack the capital, take it, and then get another pop up that says, Another Faction has taken the place and there's no need for me to bother.... BUT I DID TAKE THE PLACE... photos here:

And to prove I took the place, it's Riverrun on the left, and those are my Orcs

Last edited by Numpty; August 06, 2010 at 02:04 PM.

I posted this in the wrong place earlier, sorry about that!;

I have been playing version 2.1 with no problems. Fantastic work, I am very, very impressed.

I am playing as Mordor and have enjoyed playing so far - the Trolls are great, get a few of those bad boys into the thick of a melee and stand back and watch! On the walls they are like a 12 foot blender.

I have noticed a couple of things that may need addressing / may be a problem with my game.

1) I was attacking Minas Tirith and the outer walls are walk through. You can put troops on top, attack with siege engines and ladders. The ram won't attack the gate though and you can march all your troops straight through the outer wall. I replayed the level a few times and later Gondor attacked me and the same thing happened. It isn't a major problem as the inner walls act correctly but still, worth mentioning. I haven't managed to try any other huge cities.

2) Bit vague this one sorry; I think I was fighting the Silvcan elves, one of their cavalry units had an all white skin, looked a little odd, no bigee though.

3) Mordor keeps giving me 'blockade port x' missions but Mordor doesn't have a navy as far as I can tell, I expect that it is very hard to change and it isn't a problem really, just thought I'd add it with the rest.

I'm really loving the conversion, well done!!

Does the 2.1 patch fix the problem with the Unit Interface being whited out?

Quote Originally Posted by arcsquad12 View Post
    Does the 2.1 patch fix the problem with the Unit Interface being whited out?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376177

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Numpty View Post
    I've come across a problem in my game, playing as Mordor on Easy/Medium battles (my first game of Third Age 2.1), just to see how this game works n all.

Problem is this: Get a pop up, says it wants me to attack someplace and I'll be rewarded by 3 of the best units at my capital...

I attack the capital, take it, and then get another pop up that says, Another Faction has taken the place and there's no need for me to bother.... BUT I DID TAKE THE PLACE... photos here:

And to prove I took the place, it's Riverrun on the left, and those are my Orcs
    One possible reason would be that you were supposed to take it by diplomatic means (I have my own doubts there). The other reason could be an error in the missions file.

Quote Originally Posted by lapdog View Post
    3) Mordor keeps giving me 'blockade port x' missions but Mordor doesn't have a navy as far as I can tell, I expect that it is very hard to change and it isn't a problem really, just thought I'd add it with the rest.
    This will be due to the fact that you have a region with a port in your possession: the missions file only looks for a port as acondition, assuming you can build a fleet.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 06, 2010 at 10:11 PM.

Bokz's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    One possible reason would be that you were supposed to take it by diplomatic means (I have my own doubts there). The other reason could be an error in the missions file.
    Just to add to that, I had an annex settlement mission in SS 6.3 and instead captured the settlement and was told I failed the mission. So I would guess that to complete the mission the settlement must be aquired through diplomacy.
    Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bokz View Post
    Just to add to that, I had an annex settlement mission in SS 6.3 and instead captured the settlement and was told I failed the mission. So I would guess that to complete the mission the settlement must be aquired through diplomacy.
    Thank you for confirming my suspicion.

Can't one blockade a port with a land army?

Quote Originally Posted by slowbro View Post
    Can't one blockade a port with a land army?
    yes, as long as you can get there by land...

Default Re: TATW 2.1 BUG REPORTS /// KNOWN BUGS /// BUG FIXES /// READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING BUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispicus View Post
    Can someone please help me! My game crashes whenever I start a campaign, both the fellowship and third age campaign crash on the loading screen. I have disabled my UAC but this still hasn't made any difference, please help as all I can do is custom battles or historical battles!!
    Hi guys,
    I have the same Problem like Crispicus, and I' ve already tried your offered solutions.
    The UAC is off, and I also followed Supermolers advice but nothing works. it still crashes when starting the Fellowship campaign or a regular one.
    Thanks for replies