Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System Of A Down - Hypnotize

Default System Of A Down - Hypnotize

Wow, had the leak of the new SOAD album for a week now and this album is amazing, it is the better half of the Mesmerize/Hypnotize double album and it sounds a lot like Steal This Album, my fave SOAD record. That was a B-Sides album. This band is an amazing mix of metal, punk, and other genres and they are unpredictible. Anything less than a Grammy win for these guys is a crime.

You can listen to "Hypnotize" on MTV.com but it is the Wal-Mart version.
    SecureROM is stupid....

I should buy that then. I really liked their other stuff... Mesmerize wasn't the best though I agree. I've gotta buy this and that new-ish Disturbed CD too.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Ach, I desperately need Toxicity. I'll probably get this one when I have cash to spare...

SOAD rules. They're refreshing and different, but it's definately an aquired taste. You'll either think they're awesome or WTF?!

You'll either think they're awesome or WTF?!
    For the longest time, it was the latter for me. But they've recently started to grow on me enough that I actually look forward to hearing their songs on the radio.

\_(¯ˆ·._.·-Shadowflare-·._.·ˆ¯)_/
    No it is you who is through the looking-glass.
    Gamers go to Heaven
    Writers go to Whisper
    BLOG|Spire|Boards|WSPR|Legacy|[SP]
    nighthawk_204@hotmail.com

I liked Toxicity and am planning to buy the Mesmerize/Hypnotize album once I gte a few more greenbacks.

Why don’t presidents fight the war?
    Why do they always send the poor?

PROFESSORPAUL's Avatar Senator

System of a Down is number 4 on my top 10 list, and they're pretty awesome. I can't stop listening to songs like ATWA, Deer Dance, or Chop Suey.

".........." -Gordon Freeman

Mack Daddy's Avatar Tiro

System of a down is bomb. Long time fan. Need $$$$ for this album.

Scar Face's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

All I heard is what was it.. Everyones going to the party and gonna have a real good time!! ****in eh If any of there songs are like that then I like em :] My bearshare don't work anyone have sites with some of there songs so I can hear. Specially the one I mentioned

Mack Daddy's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Scar_Face
    All I heard is what was it.. Everyones going to the party and gonna have a real good time!! ****in eh If any of there songs are like that then I like em :] My bearshare don't work anyone have sites with some of there songs so I can hear. Specially the one I mentioned
    I dont know of any sites where you can Legally listen to thier songs for free, but the song your speaking of is called B.Y.O.B. (Bring your own beer. one of my most overused phrases. )

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack Daddy
    I dont know of any sites where you can Legally listen to thier songs for free, but the song your speaking of is called B.Y.O.B. (Bring your own beer. one of my most overused phrases. )
    Actually, its bring your own bomb
    A priest came to the seminary during my session and we listened to it and talked about it as a group. It was cool and kinda odd all at once this was a priest who listened to SOAD.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

I think Toxicity was a better record, though the last two are not bad, they arent as good.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

System is pretty good, but Rage Against The Machine was always my favorite hippie protest band, with System coming in second, and Radiohead a distant third.

I did like the Toxicity album a lot though. Spiders is a good song also, dont remember which album its on.

Too bad Rage broke up, Audioslave just doesn't have the same emotion.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Indefinitely Banned

System of a down i'd consider 'good' I suppose, but I was never really into them.

System Of A Down reminds me of the Dead Kennedys with metal riffs. Fast, quick breakdowns and speed changes, with political lyrics. A Kerrang reviewer for Mesmerize mentioned that. "U-Fig" on Hypnotize is an awesome song, it basically bashes Bush-supporters calling them conformists who bellieve everything the government tells them.

And yes, Jello Biafra would be an awesome president...
    SecureROM is stupid....

visigothe's Avatar Biarchus

i did not enjoy Mesmerize at all it just was not any good

i loved the self title and toxicity tho

Outlined against a blue, grey October Sky the four horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as famine, pestilence, destruction and death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden.

Quote Originally Posted by vizigothe
    i did not enjoy Mesmerize at all it just was not any good

i loved the self title and toxicity tho
    Hypnotize is more random than Mesmerize and Darion sings on a lot of the album.
    SecureROM is stupid....

Where did you hear the leaks, i must hear some My first album was toxcity that was just amazing and Mesmerize was pretty good was well esepcially BYOB, i guess everyone like that song lol Any idea when it was out? Must go and see them if there down in the UK again.
    Baron Lokimus -

Owner of TWC Productions and War Club; The Highly Anticipated Upcoming Movie of TWC.

Besart's Avatar Libertus

SOAD is great now i have to spend some money and buy their album But fisrt i have to get my hands on some money

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

OH man, when is Hypnotize officially coming out? I cant wait for it.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast