Here i got a very very serious problem i cannot solve.

i m playing the game with windows Seven. i made a clean uninstall of medieval II, kingdoms, COW etc, then i deleted the files.
i downloaded the mod again thanks to Holy Pilgrim torrent file and made a fresh installation of medieval II+Kingdome+COW+patchs to 1.3.1 then pasted the official english translation mod.
the i started the game (no mod installed yet, only vanilla COW...).

the problem is : i have no music i only got music from my own High Elves Enhanced mod that i don't even installed! note that i made the same installation/uninstall process 10 or 20 times and i always get the same effect. what i don't understand is my sounds file get COW music DAT file (950 mo average) and not "my" music DAT file from my mod that i never installed...

what gives mes trouble is that if i even delete the sound file (yes you heard well), the games continue to use my mod's music.

moreover, when i tried to installed my mods (Dark Elves and High Elves Enhanced mods) a lot of files are installed but not applied. For exemple, i made new description for units. once the mod is installed, they don't appears (only vanilla COW unit descriptions) but the most strange is when i look at the TEXT, the EXPORT.UNIT.TXT file is here without a problem (no export.unit.txt(2) things etc...) and when i look inside i can see my own unit descriptions. But still, in game, it is vanilla COW descriptions which prevail. Even if i delete my file, the COW unit descriptions stays untouched in game.

there are many examples like this for most of my txt files i use in my mods (traits modification for exemple).

oh, one last detail, i managed to make possible to "see" hidden files, and i don't see anything... i bought this computer one month ago, i downloaded the mod from torrent, installed medieval II from my own CD and downloaded my mods again from my own thead links people use to download my mod and it seems i m the only one to get this problem.

i m nearly sure that there is something with windows 7 that i never used before, one exemple. when i modded musics i used idx extractor which allows to get a music file where you can add your own mp3. once you re done you had to delete events files in sounds files, launch the game and a new MUSIC DAT file was created. it doesn't even do this now.

well, i was long but it was necessary, it's been one month i face this problem and tried to managed it by myself. but now i m depressed. i don't even play the game anymore...

please help