Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tau and the Warp (Possible spoilers)

Default Tau and the Warp (Possible spoilers)

I was reading Courage and Honor and after some stuff about the Taros campaign along with Hive Fleet Gorgon I was thinking.

The Tau have no issues taking other races in. However, the only reason the "Greater Good" works for them is because there's nothing for the powers of chaos to work on. Everyone has can't work on such a concept with Chaos breathing down on them. Even though according to the Last Chancers the Tau have some issues holding their society together.

If they take other races, especially humans, wouldn't that sorta cause some concern? If one of the humans turns out to be a psyker, it's only a matter of time before he goes out of control and the Tau finds themselves at war with Chaos space marines and daemons. The more human worlds they assimilate the greater the chances of Chaos infestation since there wouldn't be an inquistor keeping an eye.

Granted the Tau are technologically advanced but they'd be facing almost supernatural foes.

Has there been any engagements between the two?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Tau and the Warp (Possible spoilers)

No, the only reason why Chaos has not destroyed Tau now is because Tau Empire is too small to be noticed, and both force has their base located exact opposite side of Galaxy (so Chaos would not waste time to travel to an Eastern front to conquer some small fly).

However, we do have some crazy story of how a Fire Warrior banished back a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Well there is a warp storm just north of their Empire. All travel to this area has been forbidden after contact was lost with the explorer fleets sent there.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    No, the only reason why Chaos has not destroyed Tau now is because Tau Empire is too small to be noticed, and both force has their base located exact opposite side of Galaxy (so Chaos would not waste time to travel to an Eastern front to conquer some small fly).

However, we do have some crazy story of how a Fire Warrior banished back a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch.
    No, the only reason that the Tau Empire never faced a issue of possession or Daemonic invasion is because most of the Empire's population is still Tau and Tau have almost no Warp presence as a race they register like a fly size blip in the Warp and create a minuscule disturbance. And Tau brains seem unable of comprehending the Warp on a psycho-spiritual level so there is nothing there for a Daemon to possess.

You don't need to be near a Warp Storm to be possessed the only requirement for possession is that your a dumb ass. And Chaos doesn't need a Warp Storm to invade a Empire. They merely need a psyker whose a dumb ass that's powerful enough to act as a gateway and a unsuspecting population who are tolerant.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

You don't need to be near a Warp Storm to be possessed the only requirement for possession is that your a dumb ass. And Chaos doesn't need a Warp Storm to invade a Empire. They merely need a psyker whose a dumb ass that's powerful enough to act as a gateway and a unsuspecting population who are tolerant.

my thoughts exactly, nothing is below the will of chaos as it seeks to infect the most insignificant to the most powerful.
    Tau are the most resilient to this because of the very reasons stated by outlaw.

another angle is that the Tau are eternally locked against the will of the Necron, which i believe even the ruinous powers are weary of and do not wish to stir a bigger hornets nest by going after a smaller fruit fly when the Imperium represents so much more of a juicy target.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

locked against the will of the necron? what do u mean?

the damocles gulf isn't warp storms, is it? its just a rather obscure area that had previously experienced chaos-infestations vs imperium, thus was abandoned, and the tau went to move in and lost contact with said colonists. Could mean anything - splinter, everyone died, fell to chaos, etc etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    locked against the will of the necron? what do u mean?
    sorry on a reread it only makes sense to me...

every race in W40k has a mortal enemy, someone/thing/enitity/species that needs irradicating due to indoctrinational ideology etc etc etc etc etc...

humanity vs chaos
    ork vs.. well everyone

...for the Tau its the Necron...

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder♔ View Post
    sorry on a reread it only makes sense to me...

every race in W40k has a mortal enemy, someone/thing/enitity/species that needs irradicating due to indoctrinational ideology etc etc etc etc etc...

humanity vs chaos
    ork vs.. well everyone

...for the Tau its the Necron...
    Necrons? Why Necrons?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    No, the only reason that the Tau Empire never faced a issue of possession or Daemonic invasion is because most of the Empire's population is still Tau and Tau have almost no Warp presence as a race they register like a fly size blip in the Warp and create a minuscule disturbance. And Tau brains seem unable of comprehending the Warp on a psycho-spiritual level so there is nothing there for a Daemon to possess.

No, there is increasing human population within Tau Empire, and I don't believe there is no psyker among them. The problem is that Chaos invasion generally is clueless, and Chaos force cannot really set a course for their fleet but rather just jump around Galaxy randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Necrons? Why Necrons?
    i havent delved into Tau lore that much yet...

buuuuut from what i cann gather from some book excerpts, they have been locked in a struggle since their races founding with the Necron.

the eldar have way bigger grudge with the Necs as the Necs are nearly as old if not vastly older than the eldar,
    ...and the eldar have an obligation or fate rather (very complicated to get into), to kind of preserve life/balance of life.

but even taking that into consideration the Tau have an inbred hatred for the Necs......it is a tau principle to strive for the preservation of life and the servitude to the greater good hence why they have no problems incorporating other races into there own.
    ...the Necs view on the matter is somewhat rather different, vast understatment, and the Tau have taken it upon themselves to eradicate the Necron scourge.

I hate to break it to you but the Tau do not have an inbuilt hatred for Necrons. There have been very few incidents where they fought. If they had any kind of Grudge then it would be with either the Orks (Just like everyone else) or the Tyranids (Because they are about to eat them).
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    No, there is increasing human population within Tau Empire, and I don't believe there is no psyker among them. The problem is that Chaos invasion generally is clueless, and Chaos force cannot really set a course for their fleet but rather just jump around Galaxy randomly.
    1.) Increasing population does not equal the majority of population only that Humans are the raise. And to this day most of the Empire is Tau, followed by Kroot, followed byt Vespid, few other species, then Human Gue'Vesa.

2.) As far as the fluff states so far Tau have no psyker among their ranks. Understandable considering in the Imperium a Pskyer is a one in a billion occurance and as far as I know no sanctioned Psykers were taken with the Damocles Guard forces.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder♔ View Post
    i havent delved into Tau lore that much yet...

1: buuuuut from what i cann gather from some book excerpts, they have been locked in a struggle since their races founding with the Necron.

2: the eldar have way bigger grudge with the Necs as the Necs are nearly as old if not vastly older than the eldar,
    ...and the eldar have an obligation or fate rather (very complicated to get into), to kind of preserve life/balance of life.

3: but even taking that into consideration the Tau have an inbred hatred for the Necs......it is a tau principle to strive for the preservation of life and the servitude to the greater good hence why they have no problems incorporating other races into there own.

4: ...the Necs view on the matter is somewhat rather different, vast understatment, and the Tau have taken it upon themselves to eradicate the Necron scourge.

1: I think the first Tau/Necron encounter was the Harvest of Ka'mais, in 902.M41 (Tau-tyranid fluff, look for Ka'mais). The Ethereal's appeared 4 millenia earlier, in late M37 (Lexicanum)

2: The Eldar were only created during the later half of the War in Heaven, and the Necrons were created in the early stages. If you count the Necrontyr, then they were in it since the beginning. Here's a quote which illuminates the time scale involved, "The Necrontyr's fury was cooled by long Millenia of imprisonment, turning instead to an utter hatred on all life and an implacable determination to avenge themselves upon their invincable foes."

3: Admittedly, the Tau philosophy is at odds with the Necron's, but when the Necron philosophy is "You are our cattle", that isn't saying much.

4: There is no fluff to that effect anywhere in the Tau or Necron Codex, or the Big rulebook. The Tau reacted to the Necrons at Ka'mais like they would to any other race which helped them, by organizing a celebration in honor of their new "allies". Unfortunately for the Tau, they were dealing with soulless, C'tan-serving killing machines. Since then, I can't name any other Tau-Necron encounters, although they've had almost a century in which there are doubtless other encounters.

IMHO who the cares the tau are a small and insignifcant race who have nothing interesting to offer the galaxy besides bunnies and hugs, and we already have those things so screw you grey skins time to do the burna dance
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    IMHO who the cares the tau are a small and insignifcant race who have nothing interesting to offer the galaxy besides bunnies and hugs, and we already have those things so screw you grey skins time to do the burna dance
    Not true. Tau technology is very advanced and is second to Eldar technology who are the second most advanced race in the galaxy the first most being the Necrons. And if the Imperium would get off their cocaine induced religious rant they'd see that and try to setup a trade... But the Imperium is full of stupid religious fanatics so screw em'.

Not true. Tau technology is very advanced and is second to Eldar technology who are the second most advanced race in the galaxy the first most being the Necrons. And if the Imperium would get off their cocaine induced religious rant they'd see that and try to setup a trade... But the Imperium is full of stupid religious fanatics so screw em'.
    just like the forces of chaos, eh? besides the tau have not proven themselves in combat expect of course against feral orks and breifly stoping s single crusade...
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

just like the forces of chaos, eh? besides the tau have not proven themselves in combat expect of course against feral orks and breifly stoping s single crusade...
    They have fought more than just feral orks. I mean if anything they have fought regular orks more.

They have proven themselves, on more than one occasion. The Damolcles Gulf was just the begining of a number of victories they have had over the Imperium. Against the Orks, commanders like Puretide, and Farsight have made their names. Commander Brightsword showed his skill by defeating the vostroyans on Nimbosa. The have beaten back the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Gorgon and contained the Orks in the War of Dakka. The only race that they haven't won a real victory over is the Necrons (Because they are just a bit too trusting )
    Art //

Icon11 Re: Tau and the Warp (Possible spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    They have fought more than just feral orks. I mean if anything they have fought regular orks more.

They have proven themselves, on more than one occasion. The Damolcles Gulf was just the begining of a number of victories they have had over the Imperium. Against the Orks, commanders like Puretide, and Farsight have made their names. Commander Brightsword showed his skill by defeating the vostroyans on Nimbosa. The have beaten back the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Gorgon and contained the Orks in the War of Dakka. The only race that they haven't won a real victory over is the Necrons (Because they are just a bit too trusting )
    the two times the nids were attacking or headad for the space they were stopped by the eldar and the necrons, when have the tau beaten them back? and both times they fought the imperuim they were forced to leave because of hive fleets.

the two times the nids were attacking or headad for the space they were stopped by the eldar and the necrons, when have the tau beaten them back? and both times they fought the imperuim they were forced to leave because of hive fleets.
    Have you actually read what happened during the Hive Fleet Gorgon invasion?.........sigh...
    Art //

SO they won, but not without the help from the Imperuim.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast