Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARCHAEOLOGY ABROAD THE GUIDE TO ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELDWORK OPPORTUNITIES OUTSIDE THE UK

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default Re: ARCHAEOLOGY ABROAD THE GUIDE TO ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELDWORK OPPORTUNITIES OUTSIDE THE UK

Yep. It is the better way for getting experience, without going to school

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: ARCHAEOLOGY ABROAD THE GUIDE TO ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELDWORK OPPORTUNITIES OUTSIDE THE UK

Also watch Time Team If you can get Channel 4 On Demand, you have them all!
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

What is that?

You've never heard of Time Team!?!?!? Seriously?!?!

Or do you mean what is Channel 4 On Demand? In which case: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/time-team/4od

I have a metal detector and all I've found is bullets I've shot. America isn't too exciting when it comes to archeology. At least where I'm at anyway.

Ah you're from America. I've heard you guys like looking for coins. Here's a good website: http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/home.htm
    They organise trips for yanks to come to Colchester (oldest town in Britain, Roman capital in Britain until Boudicca's revolt, only town in Britain with a Circus for chariot racing etc) and metal detect Roman stuff. Look at the finds section and I think you'll be impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by René Artois View Post
    You've never heard of Time Team!?!?!? Seriously?!?!

Or do you mean what is Channel 4 On Demand? In which case: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/time-team/4od
    Both.. we dont have that channel here..

Can you watch these? http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...time+team&aq=f
    Basically Time Team is a show where a group of archaeologists go to different places in the country and they have 3 days to find out what they can, or solve a mystery etc.

sounds funny

Trust me, if it didn't exist, most people wouldn't know about arcaeology
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Team

I could say the same for Sea Hunters.. a group of expert scuba divers seeking at wrecks in the bottom of the sea

Anywhere worth using a metal detector here, is usually somewhere you aren't allowed to.

Cannibalking's Avatar Biarchus

Cool! Thanks for the sites!

you're welcome

Where I am it is pretty much stone arrowheads and the oldest metal object is mostly 1900-present. The rivers wash out burial sites and reveal lost arrowheads as well. When the dam is closed you can see if anything is revealed. I've found some fossilized fragments and a human femur. I left the bone because it is also a place murder victims are buried, not that I'd want it anyway. Not much point reporting it as you'd never find the rest of the skeleton or identify it. In metals it is mostly old nails and early pennies. Anything else you can't dig at, like burial grounds or private property with possible real stuff that might just be a hoax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12