Thread: Battle AI

Default Battle AI

I am interested to know how the AI behaves in this mod? Are the 'chicken dance' and other AI anomolies we saw in Empire at NTW still present in this mod? How does the AI behave? Is it just like NTW but with new skins?

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Battle AI

AI was completely revampted (CAI & BAI) by our belated friend Thoragoros.

As he was the one who was our AI expert, its hard to know if the AI can manage with all the introductions since then.

Luckily we have another AI expert (not quite expert), who when he comes back from his holiday is going to look into detail at our AI.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Ooooo Josst won't be happy to hear you didn't call him an expert....

But I won't say anything

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

I applaud your efforts but since the Ai cannot be re-programmed (we don;t have the tools or access to the code) I doubt you can call it a re-vamp. All it is possible to do is change the parametres as modders. Isn't that right? Cheers

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy44 View Post
    I applaud your efforts but since the Ai cannot be re-programmed (we don;t have the tools or access to the code) I doubt you can call it a re-vamp. All it is possible to do is change the parametres as modders. Isn't that right? Cheers
    Um... No this is not correct.

We can change all that needs changing with the AI..

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Mitch, Your humble servant♔ View Post
    Um... No this is not correct.

We can change all that needs changing with the AI..

Such a typically CA answer

I think he's right though, very few of the parameters can be changed IMO, just how the AI see's stuff.
    Last edited by T.C.; July 27, 2010 at 02:59 PM.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    Such a typically CA answer

I think he's right though, very few of the parameters can be changed IMO, just how the AI see's stuff.
    I will go inform Darthmod the AI of this engine cannot be changed...

I appologise for wasting both of your time..

This mod is now shutting down because of the hopelessness of the situation we are in with our AI.

I will go inform Darthmod the AI of this engine cannot be changed...

I appologise for wasting both of your time..

This mod is now shutting down because of the hopelessness of the situation we are in with our AI.
    No, it can't be "changed" - that would involve editing how it reacts in given scenarios. All that "AI" mods really do is change the weights of certain factors which affect the AI. For example fatigue, tendancy to flank, morale etc.

It all depends what you classify as a "change" really

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    No, it can't be "changed" - that would involve editing how it reacts in given scenarios. All that "AI" mods really do is change the weights of certain factors which affect the AI. For example fatigue, tendancy to flank, morale etc.

It all depends what you classify as a "change" really
    Well, you certainly change the AI's behaviour by editing those priorities. Since an AI is, more or less, based on behaviour, I'd say that you are changing the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Straight from EiC...

How ironic... considering the AI can't be changed ...

SUMMARY OF NEW FEATURES IN v1.1:
    • New CAI and BAI.
    His isn't even altered AI, its whole NEW AI too..

Some people.. So TopCat, whats the secret ????

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Straight from EiC...

How ironic... considering the AI can't be changed ...

His isn't even altered AI, its whole NEW AI too..

Some people.. So TopCat, whats the secret ????
    Leeeeet's ease down the attitudes here, shall we?

Now, if modders want to call their AI babies 'changed', 'revamped', 're-prioritized' or even 'new', I think it should be all up to them to decide.

On the BAI, I'd like to see more charging and running, or camping, than maneuvering.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Leeeeet's ease down the attitudes here, shall we?

Now, if modders want to call their AI babies 'changed', 'revamped', 're-prioritized' or even 'new', I think it should be all up to them to decide.

On the BAI, I'd like to see more charging and running, or camping, than maneuvering.

I'm just messing with him !!!

But I do agree with you, hopefuly for out next update, Josst will have been back and looked at our AI.

The CAI should be easy for us to change, (I have 3 or 4 MPC's experience to help).

The BAI aswell, now I'v played a fair bit of the mod, I'll try and guide Josst to tell the AI some winning stratergys.

Hopefuly, even if we can't make the AI stay at its start location, we can make it give one hell of a fight when it moves.

As you can see I decided not to lecture my mod users on the particulars of modding

But Mitch is right - I shouldn't have called it new, I just got lazy when writing the changelog :

EDIT: All fixed now:

• New CAI and BAI files.
    Just like a politician would do it
    Last edited by T.C.; July 27, 2010 at 04:53 PM.