Thread: My custom music isnt looped...any suggestions?

Default My custom music isnt looped...any suggestions?

I recently bought the soundtrack to the HBO series "Rome" and ripped it to my computer for the purpose of listening to it while playing rtw.

Everything is fine except the tracks i ripped will not play continuously. I added the 20 or so new tracks to the old playlist at descr_sounds_music.txt under state MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER. The problem is the old default tracks still play looped but the ones i added don't. So while playing i have to press ALT+M (which toggles game music on/off) every time the song ends to activate the next track.

I tried decreasing the settings at the top of the file descr_sounds_music.txt. It didn't help me with the mp3 music from HBO's ROME. There must be something under properties of my new mp3's that needs to be adjusted, because like i said, the default music does still play looped.

Below is the upper portion of descr_sounds_music.txt that i played with to try to fix the problem (w/out success):

DEFAULT: priority 9999 randomdelay 0 pan .5
    DEFAULT: dry_level 1.0 wet_level 0.0
    DEFAULT: pref MUSIC STREAMED

required_samples_cutoff 3

;; music events timeout in seconds
    ;; music state will change to the previous one if no events occured within the time out
    music_timeout 25
    music_retrigger 10

;; music events fade time in seconds
    ;; fading is used when the music changes from one state to another
    music_fade_in 0
    music_fade_out 3
    music_fade_out_timeout 10

I've done lots of modding over the last year to rtw, but this is one thing that i haven't figured out. If anyone has a suggestion it would be much appreciated.

*BTW if you haven't watched the Rome TV series on HBO both seasons are available on DVD and is defiantly a MUST SEE!!! I have both DVDs and have watched each season multiple times the cast is great. I can't wait for the ROME movie to come out, which is apparently in the making.

Default Re: My custom music isnt looped...any suggestions?

You have to rename the music.dat file in your Rome Total War/sounds folder.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Moved to the Sounds and Other Media subforum.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Laetus

Was having trouble with this same problem myself, just solved it. It has to do with your formatting in descr_sounds_music.txt. If you're using any semicolons or stuff that breaks up the playlist, it will cause the problem. For example:
    state MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER
    event delay 5 volume -40
    folder data/sounds/music
    Rom_Camp1.mp3
    ; Rom_Camp2.mp3
    EB_Roman_Theme.mp3
    Rom_Camp3.mp3
    ; Rom_Camp4.mp3
    ; Rom_Camp5.mp3
    Intro_Roman_Julii.mp3
    Campaign1-Autumn.mp3
    Campaign2-Melancholy.mp3
    Campaign3-Divinitus.mp3
    Campaign4-Lonely_Strategos.mp3
    folder data/sounds/music/New
    Rome_strat1.mp3
    Rome_strat2.mp3
    08_The_Emperor_Is_Dead.mp3
    end
    Now change it to look like this:
    state MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER
    event delay 5 volume -40
    folder data/sounds/music
    Rom_Camp1.mp3
    EB_Roman_Theme.mp3
    Rom_Camp3.mp3
    Intro_Roman_Julii.mp3
    Campaign1-Autumn.mp3
    Campaign2-Melancholy.mp3
    Campaign3-Divinitus.mp3
    Campaign4-Lonely_Strategos.mp3
    folder data/sounds/music/New
    Rome_strat1.mp3
    Rome_strat2.mp3
    08_The_Emperor_Is_Dead.mp3
    end
    The key is to make sure your formatting is tight and uninterrupted, like a vanilla playlist. No idea if you're still playing RTW 6 years later, but if so I hope this helps lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwdae Pictaidd View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was having trouble with this same problem myself, just solved it. It has to do with your formatting in descr_sounds_music.txt. If you're using any semicolons or stuff that breaks up the playlist, it will cause the problem. For example:

Now change it to look like this:

The key is to make sure your formatting is tight and uninterrupted, like a vanilla playlist. No idea if you're still playing RTW 6 years later, but if so I hope this helps lol.
    That's not it. At least not in my case. It's not only 'custom music' (modified by me) that does this, many mods do this both in BI/Alex on my PC. What gives? It's driving me nuts! Please, someone help!!