Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: Morrowind: Total War

Centenarius

Default Re: Morrowind: Total War

Really cool UI and map, also the buildings icons are really unique
    Temporarily retired from modding.

The UI cards for buildings are seemingly unusual, but like the other guy said, they're pretty informative! Nice work!

Ashlanders strat

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We are watching you, scum!

All latest news about Morrowind: Total War only in OUR FORUM
    Morrowind Total War on ModDB

Skaal general and captain:

I love the building icons! Great idea Guys!

Redoran Borderguards

Looking good. I especially like the model on the right side.

And those maces are neat.

any news?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

I have the beta - but it's impossible to start it for some reason. It's for the Steam version of Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms - and i did get it from Basileus/Zuzya himself after asking.

He told me it had worked in the past, and that he had sent me the latest version - it's on 440mb in size when in a winRAR-archive.

I will need help from someone skilled in modding the Steam-version to get it to start.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 17, 2018 at 09:02 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I have the beta - but it's impossible to start it for some reason. It's for the Steam version of Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms - and i did get it from Basileus/Zuzya himself after asking.

He told me it had worked in the past, and that he had sent me the latest version - it's on 440mb in size when in a winRAR-archive.

I will need help from someone skilled in modding the Steam-version to get it to start.
    Was it designed for an older patch of Medieval 2 on CD?
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    Was it designed for an older patch of Medieval 2 on CD?
    No, the latest beta version were designed for Steam.

- WarcraftHero wrote to me after i posted in this thread, and he is one of the teammembers in the Warcraft Total War-team, i did send him the mod - he seem to have solved the issue!

"Hi Mr_Nygren, i bring good news,

After investigating, i was able to fix the launch issue of Morrowind TW! Now the mod launches fine with both the Steam and CD version.

Now i will explain the problem itself:

Somehow the.cfg file and all the .txt, .xml and .sd.xml files inside the DATA folder and subfolders had an incorrect text formatting and, because of this, the game was unable to read its contents. (maybe this was caused by git? as i noticed a gitignore inside the archive you sent me) When i discovered this by reading the log here's what i did:

Opened every text file with notepad++ (where it displayed correctly) and copy-pasted all the content into a completely new text file so the internal formatting could be restored.

Strangely enough the text files inside the "text" folder weren't affected by this problem. Also, apart from the text files, i had to recompile the interface xml files as the factions symbols weren't displayed in game.

Feel free to send the fix to Zuzya if you want, but just tell him that i haven't changed anything in the mod files; the only ones i have modified are "shared.sd.xml" and "strategy.sd.xml"

The file i was unable to un-format is the battle_models db but if you open it with notepad++ it will display correctly. The map even loads fine in geomod.

And last about the CD version:

If the mod crashes when starting a campaign, just exit from the mod, delete map.rwm inside the imperial_campaign_folder, restart the mod, start a custom battle and then exit to menu, now the campaign should start.

Did he sent the mod to you because he was asking for help in fixing the launch issue?."

He sent it to me because of me asking for it, and stating i would be interested in taking a look at it - and possibly help finishing it's beta release if it's enough developed for it to be worth it.

Taking a look at the mod i can say it's enough work done for the beta to almost be ready.

It would need the following things:

1. An English translation from Russian - In progress still.

2. New music - Completed, voices - Failed to extract ESTW Voices, custom settlements and some stratmodels for generals - In progress - from the Elder Scrolls: Total war, as Morrowind is using vanilla still in some places.

3. New portraits for certain units will still need to be created.

4. Diplomacy has to be done.

- After that it would be ready.

And i have gotten LordNazgul's permission to use Elder Scrolls: Total War assets in Warcraft: Total War - i think the same would apply to Morrowind Total War.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-11-25 12-55-32-674.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-25 12-55-34-978.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 05, 2019 at 12:46 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

9 years of development. holy shet

Quote Originally Posted by Leeekaaa View Post
    9 years of development. holy shet
    Nine years since the thread were started and development began.

- Mod has been dead for many years.

It isn't like MrBasileus/Suzya have worked on it for nine years and only finished an alpha. No work has been done in years.

I did ask for the beta that he said were about to be released in december 2013.

Latest MOD DB pics are from 2015. So at least for three years there has been zero development.

I have translated the menu files, rebels, religions etc now. But there are still lots to translate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-51-50-132.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-51-37-299.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-51-41-965.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-41-39-014.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-42-54-196.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-44-05-078.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-44-52-457.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-48-27-789.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-49-53-026.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-02 09-51-55-832.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 14, 2019 at 07:05 PM.

- The Havamal

I would like the mod to be and in russian language too.

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    I would like the mod to be and in russian language too.
    I am not entirely sure if i can send you the mod. But if i actually have permission to send you the russian beta in it's fixed format then i could do so.

The reason i sent it to WarcraftHero was because i needed him to help me fix the issue. And of course i got it myself after asking the creator MrBasileus/Suzya over at MOD DB - he also allowed me to use assets from it in Warcraft/Elder Scrolls or try to get a beta out. Any beta i'd get out would be in english - but i could probably send you the russian one.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I am not entirely sure if i can send you the mod. But if i actually have permission to send you the russian beta in it's fixed format then i could do so.
    The reason i sent it to WarcraftHero was because i needed him to help me fix the issue. And of course i got it myself after asking the creator MrBasileus/Suzya over at MOD DB - he also allowed me to use assets from it in Warcraft/Elder Scrolls or try to get a beta out. Any beta i'd get out would be in english - but i could probably send you the russian one.
    If you do the beta, the availability of translation into Russian will not interfere.
    P.s
    By the way, he gave permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    If you do the beta, the availability of translation into Russian will not interfere.
    P.s
    By the way, he gave permission.
    Cool, i sent you the russian beta in december i recall.

I will see when i have time to work on this mod. So many other projects as well, and this would still be inferior to the Elder Scrolls mod.

- The Havamal

When will this mod be released?