Thread: Help With Silvian Elves

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Help With Silvian Elves

So I need help with these guys, I've only started playing the mod two days ago and have been laboring along as the Silvian Elves. I'm not even playing the game on Very Hard/Very Hard as it suggests yet overcoming the Misty Orcs and later on Mordor seems to be impossible.

The only real time I was on the offensive was at the start of the game. The Misty Orcs didn't have many troops and only sent small armies into my territories which were easily massacred with my archers (in some cases the loss/kill stats were 0/300, 2/400, and one time even 0/700) yet when I was issued the mission to take Moria that spawned the Balrogs and it was game over, the Misty Orcs have been on the prowl ever since sending stacks of 10 - 15 units sieging my border towns every other turn.

For the last 100 turns it's been nothing but sieges, retraining, and sieges, losing a city, then retaking, and the whole process starts over again. Due to SE's slow recruitment it takes something like 10 turns to even get a worthy army together and even at that point that's only something like 8 units. Meanwhile Orcs are still hitting my towns with stacks of 15 every turn and now Mordor has rolled up through from the east and is doing the same thing.

So yeah...help? Advice?
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Default Re: Help With Silvian Elves

If you've got a way to get a general to Fangorn, see if you can't get some Ents. Those are good shock-troop mercenaries that can help you hold back Orcs. I had this problem as High Elves, but just keep building armies and defenses. Garrison your border settlements with as many archers and infantry as you can, and most of the time, you can win battles where you're outnumbered easily. Just build up a counter-attack consisting of at least two generals, and kick them in the teeth.

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Default Re: Help With Silvian Elves

//

Here is link that maybe could help you a little. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...13#post5703113

//