Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TATW: Fellowship of the Ring Campaign Guide (Part2btwieatpeople)

Default Re: TATW: Fellowship of the Ring Campaign Guide (Part2btwieatpeople)

Hey guys,i'm having a problem..whenever i chose to fight the battle with Kamul,i receive an error and the game crashes..works just fine till then,i have VH/VH...
    Looks like it''s a general prblem,i can't fight any battles on the normal campagin either
    Last edited by Gieani; August 07, 2010 at 08:50 PM.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Orc Blighters. Good oh! glad to see the pictures back and upgraded sir.. marvelous work of course. looking forward to the completion so that complete newcomers like me can figure it all out.. its over 30 years since I read the books ...actually I must read them again eh? those Orcs though... they dont like it up em I can tell you... bally blighters the lot of em!
    and all that.
    Indeed Sir, go and fetch them out of your dusty shelf

good work~
    waiting for update

MkdRanger's Avatar Tiro

how to destroy the ring i win the black gate battle and frodi is just siting around mt doom nothing happens

Thanks a lot for the Guide. Its really tedious on some parts. And i guess my mistake was to try to solve all the missions at once. Had my whole Fellowship scattered around Middle Earth. Not a good idea.

I think you're not supposed to fight the Nazgul or even win against them.
    I have Version 2.1 of TATW. And one of my hero already died against the Nazgul applying the tactics in the guide.
    By the way. You still can choose retreat in the battle screen. Then a story Scroll will pop telling you that you have escaped the Nazgul.
    Thats how it happend in the movie as well.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

so anyone wondering why there are ELEVEN Nazgul, when of course there are only nine a clearly stated by Tolkien? it seems like an obvious innacuracy there, how was it missed?
    same thing with the Balrogs...i think the one in Moria is supposed to be the very last one...why couldnt he just be the general of a one man unit?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    so anyone wondering why there are ELEVEN Nazgul, when of course there are only nine a clearly stated by Tolkien? it seems like an obvious innacuracy there, how was it missed?
    same thing with the Balrogs...i think the one in Moria is supposed to be the very last one...why couldnt he just be the general of a one man unit?
    like engine limitations? u can't have one man unit, play on lower squad scale instead of huge, it's been discussed hundreds of time, get real !!

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    like engine limitations? u can't have one man unit, play on lower squad scale instead of huge, it's been discussed hundreds of time, get real !!
    Thats it, the lowest possible number of units in the EDU is 4 (for the setting of a few units); on huge setting this number is *2,5, so 10 (+1 general) in this case.
    Make for example one balrog is beside that possible, but then we have define this unit as an elephant... and this type has special abilities in the battle, and the fight would be only annoying.

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth 930 View Post
    Thats it, the lowest possible number of units in the EDU is 4 (for the setting of a few units); on huge setting this number is *2,5, so 10 (+1 general) in this case.
    Make for example one balrog is beside that possible, but then we have define this unit as an elephant... and this type has special abilities in the battle, and the fight would be only annoying.
    Once I heard there's some way the 'spwan' or 'create' a unit that already 'lost' some units on map.
    Aure entuluva!

is there a part three? because whatever i do i cannot win the helms deep battle, i even had aragorn join gandalf with some archers but its too hard. any tips?

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

There really needs to be a part 3 since that Helm's Deep battle is pretty difficult considering the Uruk pikes and Rohan cavalry do not mix together well

Your tactic for the Helms deep battle is to wait, cause when Rohan's army's from Helms Deep enters the battle, Isengard will turn all their forces if you haven't moved, Then when they have turned their general will be at the back making him vulnerable. Charge Isengard at the back and you will kill the general making the orcs routing VERY fast. After the death of their general just use hammer and anvil tactic and you will win. Without Aragorn.

hey, just a quick note, i get to around turn 50 and then suddenly someone attack hobbiton and it says victory conditions failed! what can i do?

plus they dont even show up on the map

well i've been following this and I keep failing before I even get past bree???

Fellowship Campaign for 2.0
    and the current version is 3.2

There might have been some changes in the FS campaign.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

dude where the part 3 , i finaly beat the wretched battle the famous of siege of white city, the problem after that i cant reach frodo , how to get it , i dont get it no quest mark only said need to march to baradur bla bla bla , i do go to baradur now hmm still nothing change
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

I'm fixing the campaign to improve the gameplay and make it more challenging. Would anyone be interested? I can upload a patch for TATW version 3.2.
    The only fatal bug that I haven't been able to solve yet, is that every time Hobbiton is selected, the game crashes, but it is fully playable ignoring Hobbiton, you don't need to interact with the capital at all.

Another bug is crashes on the battle with the Balrog, but it's totally random. But a single balrog spawns without visual glitches and fights properly using "Large" or inferior size (recommended size for the campaign). I have reduced his HP and increased his damage to the maximum to reduce the duration of the battle against him and therefore reduce the probability of crashes.
    I've used the creatures fix, but while it still works fine with the fix, it still crashes, so in the end I decided to keep the original Balrog with just a few minor changes.
    Last edited by Toranks; October 11, 2022 at 03:21 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234