Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: BRYTENWALDA [1.41 Patch released]

Default Re: BRYTENWALDA [v. 1.1 released for Warband SP]

You enlist companions and then listen to their rant?
    When talking to the companions before hiring them, they give you their story, which is their personality;
    that way you will know how they react to your leadership/actions in general and other companions.

There's no list of how companions interact but it should work like in native.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

I guess he will have to make the list.

New beauties from BrustwarzenLenny

Edit:
    Don't mind the guys with white faces!
    I worked on male faces and eidted some materials, so they are missing textures now^^
    large image
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Default Re: BRYTENWALDA [v. 1.2 released for Warband SP]

v1.2 Official Release 19/09/2010

Features and Changes:

-Bugfix
    -Siege problems in some scenes fixed.
    -New crown to Player that wish be king.
    -Optional Weapon Breaking (camp menu> mod options)
    -Minor Damage add when you fall of your horse.
    -New Scenes (ad Gefrin and others)
    -Resize spears
    -Improved dialogs thanks to monolito
    -A lot of new textures.
    -News swords and lamillar armors.
    -Improved economy system
    -Restoring kingdoms: allows destroyed factions to arise again
    -Improved wound system.
    -AI: fix archer decision to move
    -AI: fix logic leading to Jockey phase of battle
    - Use leader in faction determination at start of battle
    -AI: have archers reassess every 5 seconds instead of 10
    - AI: add two meters to minimum archer distance to prevent all-javelin "archers" from auto-instigating a melee
    - AI: keep infantry from wandering off to non-cavalry target when archers under attack by cavalry
    -AI: sharpen up ranging at start of battle
    - AI: disallow specialized formations if there's no default formation
    - AI: infantry anticipate enemy cavalry charge
    -And most things...

Enjoy!

New castle scene in version 1.2

Ad Gefrin

"Place of the Hill of the goats"

or Yeavering as it is known today, is the best-known excavated example of a royal centre of the kings of Northumbria;
    at the foot of the Iron Age hill fort Yeavering bell.

For many years Ad Gefrin was a meeting point for the high and mighty with the great palace/hall at the centre.
    It is here in the year 627 King Edwin asked his savior (his life was literally saved) the missionary Paulinus
    to preach Christianity to the population. Paulinus spends 36 days baptising the locals in the nearby River Glen.

From about 627 onwards, Edwin was the most powerful king among the Anglo-Saxons, ruling Bernicia,
    Deira and much of eastern Mercia, the Isle of Man and Anglesey: The imperium.
    King Edwin defeats his (supposed) foster-brother Cadwallon who goes into exile, leaving King Edwin supreme - a Brytenwalda!

But time is running out for both King Edwin and Ad Gefrin.
    Cadwallon has joined pagan King Penda and in 632-33 they meet in a battle: the Northumbrians under Edwin on one side
    and an alliance of the Welsh of Gwynedd under Cadwallon and the Mercians under King Penda on the other.

King Edwin is killed leaving Northumbria divided, and in 633 archaeology shows Ad Gefrin burned to the ground.
    It was later rebuilt but burned again. In time, the power base of the Anglo-Saxon kings was moved eastwards
    to the Milfield Plain where another township was built, known as Maelmin.

But that is, as they say, "another story"...

Reference:
    http://www.pastperfect.org.uk/sites/...ing/index.html
    http://www.gefrintrust.org/site/site.htm

1. Great hall: also known as the 'royal palace'.
    2. Great Enclosure: No traces of buildings were found inside, and it was probably used for keeping in livestock and keeping out wild animals.
    In times of war it might have been used as refuge for the population.
    3. Totem & graves: an interesting combination of a pagan totem pole and Christian crosses were found on a small burial mound.
    Old and new beliefs might well have coexisted to ease the transition to Christianity.
    4. An amphitheater: Most likely not used for the plays of Shakespeare's grand-grand-grand-grand... father; but for preaching the new religion,
    and perhaps also for important announcements by the king to his court, or the surrounding population.
    5. Temple complex: a series of buildings different from the buildings surrounding the great hall; such as sunken houses - or 'Grubenhaus'.
    Many animal bones were found and it could well be an area for ritual activities.
    6. River Glen in which Paulinus baptised the local population. The river has changed its course through time
    and I've just imagined it closer so it could be in the scene

Lord's Hall

Overview

Overview

Great Enclosure

Great hall

Besieging Ad Gefrin

awesome work!

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

this is by far the most complete mod for warband

love it
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Do we have more female companions now??
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

Adorno, the scenes you've made for this mod are probably the best thing I've seen made for M&B. Some of those forts are just so fricken awesome.

is 1.2 this a standalone version or like a patch (requires 1.1)?
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    is 1.2 this a standalone version or like a patch (requires 1.1)?
    It's a standalone installer.

1.2 is the full mod - not a patch. And it's an exe. file, so it should be easy to install this time (it was for me).

Quote Originally Posted by The Sweeper View Post
    Adorno, the scenes you've made for this mod are probably the best thing I've seen made for M&B. Some of those forts are just so fricken awesome.
    Thanks
    I've seen many other amazing scenes though. Just look at Hegemony or The Last Days.
    The difference is of course: my scenes can be enjoyed now

Quote Originally Posted by Adorno1 View Post
    1.2 is the full mod - not a patch. And it's an exe. file, so it should be easy to install this time (it was for me).

Thanks
    I've seen many other amazing scenes though. Just look at Hegemony or The Last Days.
    The difference is of course: my scenes can be enjoyed now
    Good point, Hegemony was awesome wasn't it... Man I wish there was a version for Warband. I feel like rolling back the versions of M&B to .960 just so I can play it again.

My scenes are amateur crap compared to that

If people want to use old (1.1) save game Idibil says:
    We have add new objects and it displacement slots of native.

If you are using 1.1 savegame in 1.2 mod version, you need this savegame patch:
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2198

apologize for the inconvenience, and avise mee that it work well now
    It is import that you use 1.1 savegame (if you have create new savegame in 1.2 with error, delete it plz)

adorno's scenes suck

hegemony is ported to warband, it's just not yet released..

and im going to wait for the 1.21 version of this mod, apparently he'll upload it tonight (spain time?) as there are a few problems on the game..

Default Re: BRYTENWALDA [v. 1.21 released for Warband SP]

Progress is being made and this weekend version 1.3 will be released.

Some new helmets and armour:

One of the new town scenes:

Grantebrycge

Known today as Cambridge. The Romans were quick to see the strategic importance of the place.
    Castle Hill had been occupied long before the Romans came and it was an ideal place to cross the River Gran (known today as Cam);
    as well as setting up an outpost to defend the river. They called it Duroliponte (bridge over water).

When the Romans left the Saxons took over the place, but by the 7th. century the town had declined severely, as usual with Roman settlements.
    We can perhaps imagine the Saxons to have built their own town with their own houses and farming in a nearby area.

Town Centre

Castle

Tavern

Merchant

Arena

Besieging Grantebrycge

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I've been playing for two weeks now and it's been glorious. I love this mod and the castles. I once had a siege where the attackers had to cross a bridge before they got to my ramparts. It was glorious indeed.

Adorno when will you come work for IG!?

i like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Adorno when will you come work for IG!?
    It's not that I didn't want to work with you guys, I just have no knowledge or interest in the history of I.G. Sorry

My heart lies in Britain

All 4 training grounds have been updated. Here's one:
    Training ground

Just as little something to spice up the barren field.

And BrustwarzenLenny is going crazy:
    Oh my God!
    [spoiler]

This is still WIP, but I think it's good enough for V1.3, or should I wait?

Well I'll let you in on a little secret
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    our new map includes Britain

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

¬¬
    __