Thread: All Factions have same music

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

Default All Factions have same music

i would like to know if anyone has had a problem with all factions music been the same. I have tried with a music mod and without, I have reinstalled m2tw and TATW and it remains the same. But it was all working until yesterday evening, then all factions had the northern_european music

Foederatus

Default Re: All Factions have same music

I was playing TATW for the first time and after a few minutes I was wondering why the OotMM had such peaceful and unfitting music. So I started a campaign with Mordor - the same. Even Gondor had the same music. I also tried it with your music mod and all factions have the same (I didnt't try every single faction).

I hope we get an answer to this because the music is a very important part of the game for me and it destroys atmosphere if it isn't fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
    I was playing TATW for the first time and after a few minutes I was wondering why the OotMM had such peaceful and unfitting music. So I started a campaign with Mordor - the same. Even Gondor had the same music. I also tried it with your music mod and all factions have the same (I didnt't try every single faction).

I hope we get an answer to this because the music is a very important part of the game for me and it destroys atmosphere if it isn't fitting.
    same here, i cant play as gondor or gundabad without feeling strange. PS im glad to see it isnt just me, i thought it was my computers fault.

Foederatus

In the general bug thread there are two more members who have exactly the same problem.

Good, the more people complain the quicker it could be fixed

Pretty sure everyone has this problem, I don't think you can assign certain music to a faction, you might though, I'm not sure I'll check it out quick

Edit: Yea I think its possible.
    Last edited by RogueCruiser; July 24, 2010 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueCruiser View Post
    Pretty sure everyone has this problem, I don't think you can assign certain music to a faction, you might though, I'm not sure I'll check it out quick
    You can only assign music to certain cultures, but with 2.0 all cultures share the northmen music. ive checked in descr_sm_factions.txt and all nations are set to the correct culture e.g gondor set to gondor culture. yet they have rohan music

From what I gathered it's the "northmen" music that's being played. Basically you can open the descr_sounds_music.txt and change all the northmen file paths to whichever folder and music you want.

Of course all this requires that your sound files be unpacked from the *.dat files, you can see the "How to play tatw with your own music" thread right here in the stickies if you want to mod the music.

There is no difference even if you change descr_sound_music.txt . the mod will run and rebuild the event.dat and .idx. but all factions will still have northmen music. I think the problem isnt in the descr_sound_music.txt file. Its somewhere else, something to do with cultures. it is far beyond my modding capabilities though.

Bear-ee-ah-dahn's Avatar Foederatus

I think this bug appears for all TATW players
    Lle holma ve' edan

Finally!...iam not alone.....i have the same problem, all factions have northmen music (which is annoying). i never had this problem on previous versions, i think its a 2.0 problem, i checked descr and everything seems fine. this has to be brought to the modders attention... I SO want to play this masterpiece properly please help.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Just change the music if you really hate the music. Though I have looked at it and it seems to be a generic music for all factions.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser1993 View Post
    There is no difference even if you change descr_sound_music.txt . the mod will run and rebuild the event.dat and .idx. but all factions will still have northmen music. I think the problem isnt in the descr_sound_music.txt file. Its somewhere else, something to do with cultures. it is far beyond my modding capabilities though.
    It works for me:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you see the heading is Northmen and I've just pasted the evil music file paths over the northmen ones. Or as the emperor says you can prolly just change the northmen music and make the related corrections in the dsm file.

Yeah I am having the same issue. Has anyone got a fix for it?

Yes the Dwarf music was quite good and atmospheric before. Now its some annoying little tune

i think i have found a temporarily solution to the problem:
    1. run any historical battle
    2.start it then exit to menu
    3.The game should have its music back.
    But if you close the game and start it again the music will all be the same, so you have to run a HB and return to menu everytime you start medieval

Foederatus

Ah thank you. It's not a problem for me cause it doesn't take much time and I only start the game if play a longer time. So it is a good (temporalily) solution until a fix is released.